Registered
177 Posts
Thanks! Hope your FET went well  :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kkt23 said:
Hay all,

We have heard nothing bur positive things on this forum re ivfbcn. My question is, what sperm improvement regime did you use and did the doctors suggest the NK tests. We are planning on having another ivf go just not in London and with bcnivf instead.

Quoting "DH ultrasound - all fine; will begin sperm improving protocol in summer 2018. Hysteroscopy with implantation cuts at Serum booked for September 2018. NK cells testing planned" what does all of that mean. So sorry i am new to this and forum posting with shortend wording.
img][/img]
Tinseltown said:
Hi All,

Sorry to revive this old thread... however, I have one question about Barcelona IVF.

On the costing sheet I was sent, it says that the DE cost includes:

Donor: Therapeutic plan, ovarian stimulation, follicular controls and gynaecological examinations. Egg retrieval in the operating theatre (operating theatre, procedure, anaesthesia, nursing and laboratory). Subsequent controls of the donor.
Recipient: Endometrial preparation, treatment coordination, embryo transfer and monitoring of early pregnancy.

However, in the 'remarks' section, it says this:
Donor medication if it cannot be provided by the patient: €1.000

Does it mean that 'ovarian stimulation' does not include the medication?

Thanks,
T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ladies!

Only me again. Sorry to be a pain, I was wondering if anyone had received high aptt levels while in treatment with Barcelona ivf  and what they suggested?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi kkt

I'm not sure I can be much help but didn't want to just read and run!

I don't know anything about sperm improving protocol as I used donor sperm but with regards to NK cells testing, this is part of the immune testing to check the levels and activity of Natural Killer cells. My doctor at BCN didn't really believe in it (not all do) but I'm not sure if that's her own beliefs or a clinic policy. They were happy for me to have the immune testing and treatment in London alongside their FET protocol though.

Let me know if I can try to answer any other questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi LM17

Thank you for the reply. I am currently waiting for the clinic to come back to me also on this one. But your reply has been helpful.

Just out of interest, what does DD mean?

·
Registered
513 Posts
It means double donation - I used donor egg and donor sperm.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I honestly do. There are so many factors to take into account but I truly believe the immune drugs have played a crucial part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the reply. May i ask what type of medication you were put on and what their role was?

"Edited to remove the use of quotes"

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi kkt

I am on prednisolone, clexane and intralipids.  Collectively they work to bring my immune levels down to a more normal level.  I think Clexane is to keep the blood thin and flowing but even though I don't have clotting issues, my clinic include it in the immune medication.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the information. Just so I'm correct, you did your ivf with Barcelona ivf, did they prescribe the medication. I'm slightly confused with them not really believing in it. I've now had confirmation that my docs and clinic believe I should be on thyrocin as my thyroid levels are slightly low. I'm thinking is it best to be on these medications at least 3 months prior to doing my cycle?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi all

This forum was a great support to me when trying to become pregnant and through the pregnancy journey. We went to BCNIVF about seven years ago and we were very lucky to have a straightforward experience and we now have two beautuful 5 year old girls. I was 45 at the time of conception and we used donor eggs.

We are going on a family holiday to Spain this summer and will be in Barcelona. We wanted to call by the clinic to say hello and confirm the status of our two remaining embryos. I have tried to contact them via [email protected] and [email protected] but to no avail.

Is all well with the clinic? Are they still there? I have been quoting our patient number in all correspondence - maybe their system has changed.

We used to deal with Ramona and our doctor was Dr. Zamora.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be most grateful.

Thinking of all of you and hope you all get the outcomes you wish for. Thank you. X

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Valenteena,

Congratulations on your pregnancy journey! Your story give me courage and hope :)

I'm doing treatment with BcnIVF right now and going for the transfer next week. I do use <[email protected]> address to communicate with the clinic. Ramona isn't my contact, but I think I saw her name on the staff board at the clinic when I visited last month. It may be a busy time of the year right now as I receive responses slower than before.

I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see you with your beautiful girls!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for that hkd. Yes, maybe they are just busy right now. I'll give them another week then I'll resend.

The very best of luck with your transfer. For what its worth, I did a major amount of visualisation from directly after the transfer. We had two embryos transferred and I spent the whole journey back to Ireland and the next two weeks visualising that the embryos were attaching to my womb. I'm talking about seeing two street lamps together, road signs with two of something, two of the same flowers near eachother. It totally did my head in at the time - really, it was a bit obsessive. But, strangely, I couldn't help it. Just anything of two things and I would imagine that it was the two embryos attaching. I'm not superstutious or even religious - it was just a thing!! I can't say its a very scientific suggestion but we were extremely grateful to have two heartbeats on our first scan which was a further two weeks after the positive test.

Good luck with it all. We found bcnivf to be wonderful at every turn. X

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All,

I’m fairly new here but hoping a few of you will be able to help.
We are have been advised to opt for DE after 3 failed IVF cycles. We are between 2 clinics Barcelona IVF and IVF Spain Alicante.

I was hoping hear about everyone’s experience at Barcelona IVF, the good, the bad and ugly and of course any success stories.

Anything would be s huge help!

Penelope xxx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi ladies

I’m new to this thread and have been reading through some of your posts but not all, as yet! So apologies.

I just have a question for you, today I received by email some prescriptions, but they are written in Spanish and there are about 12 of them.... all for just Two different drugs.

I’m totally confused - I’m sure a UK pharmacy won’t except them?

What have you guys done?

Thanks in advance xx

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Myrtle,
I'm sure you can get English version of prescriptions.  Just email the clinic you want names of drug in English  :)  I've only used Fertility2U to get medicines here and I got prescriptions in English.  I hope this helps.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thank you HKD.

Xx

241 - 260 of 265 Posts