Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am Lisa, this is my first post in this forum. We are desparate (Martin 45 and Lisa 41) looking for Eggdonation (premature menopause) and IMSI (severe teratozoospermia)  in Spain. A long time ago I lived in Malaga. We contact two clinics in Spain looking for IMSI: the first one was GINEFIV in Madrid the second one a new clinic BARCELONAIVF in Barcelona. We are very interested in the second one because the IMSI is included in the treatment costs and they are much cheaper but someone else knows this clinic?
The medical director is Dr. Olivares, he is international known, I made a good google search ::)

Looking forward to your help.

Lisa

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi,

I have just looked at the Barcelona IVF website. These are all doctors who have previously worked at IM Barcelona. Patients at IM, myself included were wondering where they had all gone!! Answers a lot of questions!!

Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Surfergirl,

I am so happy that I had the courage to write  in this forum.
Thank you for your advice. We will think about  to put our trust in this clinic if all the medical staff is known.
I will let you know. I will call them tomorrow again.

Crossing fingers and toes for you

Thanks again

Lisa

·
Registered
612 Posts
Lisa,

Good luck with finding out more information on the new clinic. I am with Institut Marques and am very happy with them.
Let me know how you get on. They are all very nice doctors!

All the best xx

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi Noenat,

We had IMSI this time as my DH was borderline on the DNA frag test and we had 100% fertilisation. Although I was initially a bit sceptical it certainly seems to have proved it's worth in our case. They can choose the best looking swimmers!! My DH was also taking 'man vitamins' and they said that his SA was better than last time. The IMSI was about £350 extra but we thought it was well worth that in the end.

Good luck xx

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi Noenat,

Am due to test on Monday. Am absolutely terrified!!! Haven't had any symptoms really until the last couple of days and now feels like PMT (achy lower back etc..) It's so difficult to tell because the hormones (esp progesterone) cause so may side effects. Am trying really hard not to think too much about it but am failing miserably!!!

All the best with your treatment and the IMSI.

Fingers crossed for you

Surfergirl xx

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi Noenat,

The test was positive!!! I still can't believe it. Had blood test today which will hopefully confirm. Me and DH kept looking at the test to check. The line came up immediately and although it was a bit faint, it was definitely there!! I have a scan booked in two weeks so we shall know more then. Unfortunately my DH is in the Navy and deploys to the Gulf for 7 months on the 6th December. Talk about timing!!

Hope you are ok?

xx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Surgergirl,

I wanted to thank you for your first reply.
Congratulations for the positive !!!!!!! ;D ^clapping^

Take care

Lisa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello again,

Just to let you know about our experience with BarcelonaIVF. We had our first appointment on Tues 7th December. We both are really happy with Dr. Raul Olivares (very charming manner). We decide to start the egg donation treatment with IMSI with my next mens after Xmas ;-).We had  2 hours consultation with Dr.Olivares we discussed all the little, tiny doubts and we now have blind faith in this clinic. They are all really qualified, kind and very polite.
We decide to trust this new clinic because all the doctors are senior doctors of IM (Surfergirl you are right.!!).
The embrologist is the first one who performed the IMSI in Spain. Her name is Dr. Rabanal.
And the best thing is the price of the treatment ^reiki^- all is included: IMSI,  blastocyst culture and the freezing of remaining embryos - of course we will have frosties ;-).

Just wanted to share my happiness with you all.

Lisa

Lisa

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello all,

Another little present of "my clinic":
To help the maximum number of couples that desire a pregnancy at Barcelona IVF from the 15th of December 2010 until the 28th of February 2011 the infertility first consultation is free.
Just to let you know. They are really cute, I am so happy with my choice!! ^xmassmile^

Regards

Lisa

·
Registered
502 Posts
Am I right in think that egg donation cost 30,000 euros in Institut Marques?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi there,

I seem to have posted this message on the wrong thread before ^idiot^ anyway here goes again...
We have been patients of Raul Olivares over the past couple of years having been to I.M. 4 times for 3 cycles. All negative. While I have always been very happy with Dr Olivares care , towards the end we were not happy  with certain aspects of IM. and decided not to cycle with them again. We went to IVI Alicante and was delighted to find out I was pregnant but lost baby after 13 week in June last year.  We have a consultation with Dr Olivares on 1 st February  - will seem funny seeing him in his new clinic  though delighted he has set up on his own.HE has always seemed genuinely caring. Really excited about their ethos to patient care.  Sam McCuish (CRADLE Director) has been to both I.M and Bcn IVF. I trust her judgement completely. So glad to have found cycling buddies . We don't intend to have Tx until May time fingers x. Also having consultation with Dr Gorgy before I go as I have immune issues. I have only used immune drugs twice out of 17 fertility treatments and on both occassions got pregnant albeit lost the babies. Wish you folks all the very best in pursuing your dream too... have a really good feeling about this clinic :)  Contact Romana or Maria as first point of contact. I have been in constant contact with Romana who could not be more helpful , informative and genuinely caring. Contact them on [email protected]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Swissbump,

30,000 euros sounds excessive unless you are thinking of their refunding programme whereby you pay around this amount for 3 IVF's up front. You take your chance in that if you get pregnant first time great but  you pay a little more than normal fees for 1 IVF ( your risk) however if you don't fall pregnant after 3 IVF'S then they pay you back 70% of costs ( their risk ). I need to check with DH but am sure we paid around 8000 euros for egg donation at I.M.  BcnIVF offer egg sharing scheme where you pay only 3000 euros and are guaranteed maximum of 3 guaranteed mature oocytes ( fresh transfer).

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Yummy Yummy,

sorry, I don't know if they have refunding program but it is worthwhile sending Romana an e - mail as she is on duty just now and very very prompt with her replies. The e- mail address is [email protected] Wishing you all the best. You have been through the mill too and hope your next Tx brings you joy - sent you some bubbles :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Yummy,

Romana e-mailed the following

Yes, we have Refunding Programs (We call them Risk Sharing Program) for the following treatments:
- IVF with own eggs, but the % of refunding depends on the age of the female patient
- IVF with egg donation
- Our Shared Donor Program

Just to summarize quickly the idea for the Risk Sharing Program for IVF with egg donation : The risk-sharing program, means we guarantee in case we do not achieve an evolutive pregnancy, that we will give you back 75 % of the treatment costs. In the risk-sharing program you pay a fixed fee of 27.000,-€ that covers 3 fresh egg-donation cycles, including all the cryopreservation cycles that may be performed in between.
If you are interested in this risk-sharing program, you could be elegible for this program after an evaluation of your case by our medical director Dr. Olivares.
Your risk is that you get pregnant in the first attempt. If we succeed in our first attempt you will pay more than the fixed cost of one cycle.
Our risk is that if after 3 egg donation cycles and all the cryopreservation cycles we have not succeeded, we will reimburse you 75% of the total cost of the treatment.

The Risk Sharing Program for IVF with own eggs : it's the same principle except it costs 21.000€ that covers 3 fresh cycles, including all the cryopreservation cycles that may be performed in between. But the % of refunding depends on the age of the patient until 30 years > 80 %,from 31 and 35 years > 75 % and from 36 until 39 years 70 %.

The Risk Sharing Program for the Shared Donor Program : the cost is 8.500€ for 3 fresh cycles with 3 guaranteed mature oocytes trying to get a really good embryo transfer and in theory there is no cryopreservation and further cryotransfer. In case all 3 oocytes give 3 good embryos, it's up to the patients to decide to transfer all 3 embryos or only 1 or 2 and to freeze the resting ones. In case there are embryos left for freezing this will be an extra cost of 400 € per cycle and 1.930€ per cryotransfer. The cryotransfer(s) will be performed only after having done the 3 fresh cycles and having closed the refunding contract or for having achieved an evolutive pregnancy or having been refunded the 75 %.

I found it to be very informative. Thanks for raising the question Yummy as it is giving us a lot to think about too :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Yummy,

great to hear from you. :)  Ideally we would love to try the egg sharing scheme refunding programme at 8,500 euros however afraid we have exhausted funds. To date we have spent 90k on treatment in UK ,USA and Spain. Due to my age and postcode lottery we have never been eligible for funding for any of our IVF's on the NHS . ^bigbad^  I know what you mean about frozen transfers however we have only had to go through a frozen transfer once at I.M. We had 3 frosties and all 3 were suppose to be thawed. However when we arrived at I.M. they told us the 2 didn't survive the thaw. When we asked about the 3rd which should have been thawed also (previously agreed) There was some confusion. We were taken next door to the cafe and asked to return later. The 4 cell frostie lost one of it's cells during the thawing process but we went ahead with the transfer but devastated -BFN

Great you heard back from Maria. Telephone consultation with Dr Olivares is ideal and I considered this option, however I have lots to discuss with Dr Olivares re immune Tx etc. and feel a face to face consult is needed. I hope you get on well with your tel. consult. I honestly have a good feeling about this clinic. It sounds more patient focussed - probably like I.M. was in the beginning but are now a victim of their success. With the best will in the world they cannot provide the same standard of patient care when they become so busy so I sympathise with the staff also.
Yes, not long to go now - 10 days till we go - back on the rollercoaster. Think our finances will dictate we go for 3000 euro sharing scheme unless money falls from the sky!!!!
Sam Mc Cuish is calling me again later today . I think you said you spoke with her. Any other questions re BCNIVF you would like me to run past her?

Hi to everyone else on the thread - looking forward to chats,

Bye for now Yummy,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Goodmorning!

As we are informing us about DE treatments in Spain, we would be gratefull if somebody can tell us something about the new clinic Barcelona IVF. We understand that some medicals were working at the IM. We are doubting to go to Bernabeu, IM or this new clinic as we heard a lot of positive things about Dr. Olivares. Hope you can help us to make this difficult decision.

Good luck to you all!

Carino

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Yummy,

glad the info on BCNIVF was helpful. The financial packages offer realistic choices for those of us who have spent a lot of money so far and indeed also to people starting Tx. I have decided not to spend as much on acupuncture this time and will leave it to nearer the time I go. I know there are different schools of thought about this. I spoke with an acupuncturist in Barcelona Joachim Fouret who speaks English and will do it on the morning of transfer. I have attended the clinic before when his predesessor worked there. It is easy to get there and prices cheaper than what we pay here. He reassured me and confirmed I don't need to spend a fortune or start acupuncture too early. You can contact him on [email protected]
Dr Gorgy is based in Wimpole street London. I have high NK cells and D&Q alpha match which means I need immune drugs - however this area remains controversial amongst docs. Great your tests came back neg but understand you when that leaves you with no reason/diagnosis. Have you had NK cells test done? Sometimes they never get to the bottom of fertility problems and people still have healthy pregnancies. :)
Dreading in a way Dr Gorgy's tel consult tomorrow incase he recommends I go back to London for more tests as more expense on top of cost of immune drugs. Hope you and DH have a stress free time leading up to your Tx

/links

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello all, 

I was really too busy, sorry!!
I am really happe that  we are more and more Barcelona IVF fans. A friend of my from the Netherlands is at Barcelona IVF with Dr. Cristina Guix, she feels really in good hands - she is on her own with the treatment :-\
I am on the contraceptive pill now for 4 weeks and I am expecting the telephone call to stop the contraceptive pill every day. I am concerned if my linning will be ready, and about the stimulation of the donor and about the transfer….. I am so anxious.  ^eyes^ I wish you all the best for your first visits, treatments, ......... and lets talk about our experiences….

regards

Lisa+Martin

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hi Ladies

Does anyone know if they do iui with donor sperm?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 605 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.