Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

just wondering if anyone else is in for treatmeant at manchester fertility service for tests, then manchester spire?, seeing consultant Dr Stephen Payne, and if you have encountered a long wait?,

I have been waiting for SSR Op for months now and finaly got date the other day for 5th August, !!, so been waiting a long time?, or is it just me?

Also does anyone know how long it should be after the op before wife goes for tests and treatment?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi Brad

I'm reasonably certain that ZoeBB started out at Manchester.  I don't think she was very satisfied though.  Send her a PM, I'm sure she'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Shell74 was at Manchester Care.  She may have come across your consultant (I'm sure I've heard his name)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Brad,

We saw Stephen Payne back in 2006.  At the time we were having treatment on the NHS but they wouldn't perform a TESE on the NHS so we went private through MFS.  From what I can remember it took a month, month and a half to get a consultation with Payne and then we were booked in for a TESE about 3 months after that. 

It does seem to be a very long wait, getting your appointment for August.  Have you rung and asked if there are any cancellations or any reason why the long wait? 

We eventually went private due to many problems we encounted with St Mary's and went to Care.  Our first go they used two of the frozen straws from my DH first TESE which ended in a BFN.  Our second treatment they defrosted the last two straws to find nothing and did an emergency TESE on DH after I had EC, it only resulted in 5 sperm being retrieved but all five embryo's fertilized to grade 1's and we are now 26 weeks pregnant.

Have you tried ringing Care and seeing what there waiting time is for a TESE?  I do think Stephen Payne is the best person to perform TESE/SSR in the Manchester area but we got sperm retrieved by Glenn Atkinson.  I can honestly say Atkinson was lovely, he said the TESE was really hard to do on DH but he managed to get the sperm for us.

Shell

·
Registered
940 Posts
Pippa longstockings aso was at Manchester, so may be able to help?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts