Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm currently getting retested after being put into menopause for 3 months.  My clinic is doing a research study where they put me on hormones used for FET but then take a biopsy instead of doing ET and test for implantation issues.  When I had this test done last Nov, it came back showing severe issues and they suspect endo.  So I was put into menopause from Feb to May and we're now redoign the test.

My dr warned us that since my results last time were so severe that the menopause meds may not be enough.
1.  Anyone with severe endo and had good results from the menopause meds (e.g. Zoladex, Lupron Depot)?
2.  If not, what other treatment did you get before you could TTC again?  (We'll be doing ivf).

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi,

I have stage 4 endo with 2 ovarian cysts and extensive problems in the bowel and also pouch of douglas. I had 4 months of Gonapeptlyl (same type of medication as Zoladex etc) immediately before starting IVF and as you can see, it was a success for me.

Karen x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I too have stage 4 endo with dense adhesions....pretty much everywhere including ovaries, tubes (all glued to pelvic wall) pod, bowel, bladder/womb adhered as well as endometrioma.  I've had 5 ops over the years to deal with these...all ops involved some extensive surgery.

I've never had any menopausal drugs to help with my endo but I was put on the pill at 16 (party cos sexually active and partly cos of my "undiagnosed at that point" endo).....endo finally diagnosed at 19 and I was then prescribed the pill back to back for 3-6mths at a time....and I continued taking it like this until I was 34 when came off completely to start ttc.  I've not been back on any medications for treatment of my endo since then.....but I have had 3 ops in 5 years of ttc and since coming off the pill so whilst the pill didn't completely stop endo, it certainly seems to have helped a little as 2 ops in 15 years when on pill and then 3 ops in 5 when off pill...although was told I should've had at least 1 op in between 1st & 2nd laps as I'd left it so long it was really really bad and I only got it dealt with when I collapsed and was rushed to hospital as pain was soooo bad !

We've always started ttc/having sex again after having ops as soon as I feel comfortable.  With regards to my last op (which involved hysteroscopy as well), it was approx 6 wks from the op to starting IVF as I had to have at least 1 natural cycle in between.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your responses.

Karen, your story is very reassuring.  I also have bowel issues (had colitis and now have a JPouch).  Wonderful to hear that all you needed was the menopuase meds and then ivf worked for you!  Congrats!

Natahsa, you sure have been through a lot.  Interesting about what you say with the ops when on the pill vs off the pill.  Sounds like it did lessen the endo.  Good to hear that you didn't have to wait too long after your surgery to try ivf again.  I wish you all the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts