New home ladies

^gossip^

Love, luck & sticky vibes

^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^ ^spot^

Natasha x

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome to our new home  :)  :) :) :) Guess we all chat a lot that it was getting a bit long.

Only 5 hours and 20 mins till my scan  ::) Will come back on this evening to give you all an update.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ooh, we've never had a new home before ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ...thanks Minxy :-*

^goodluck^ Barnies Girl, sending you lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ It will be sooo lovely to see your little bean(s) heartbeat(s) :)

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, but have had to grab time on here from work as have no time to myself at all since we got pup on friday!! Hope you're all well ^hugme^ :-*

Bok xx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Bok,

Your boys both look gorgeous! Shame I won't get to meet the little fury one in August  ;D

Catie
xxx

·
Registered
302 Posts
a shiny new thread! ^clapping^

good luck Barnies Girl! that first scan is scary, but I'm sure you'll be just fine ^hugme^

Though I can talk, our anomaly scan is next Friday and I am absolutely petrified! despite starting to feel a few little kicks I'm once again completely convinced that something has gone wrong (it's crazy, but I cant shake the fear at all)

I guess I'm just keeping busy and trying to focus my mind on other things, otherwise I'll never make it to next week sane. Suffice to say the house is very clean.

best of luck to everyone over in Norway right now! grow little embies grow! ^fairydust^

Oh Bok, that puppy is gorgeous!! I adore spaniels (we have a border collie/spaniel, daftest, softest dog ever!) and he's so tiny and sweet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi all hope everyone is happy sniffing stabbing and peeing on those sticks.

As you may have guessed due to my absence the frozen cycle didn't work, so off to norway again but for a fresh cycle.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Meme/ Marie

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that Marie  ^hugme^

I can only hope your next cycle gives happier results.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi Marie,

Glad to hear from you, I wander a lot how you are.

I have everything crossed for your fresh cycle, you will get some sunshine this time in Norway, which will be nicer! - we stayed in Jons sisters or cabin and it was so nice, we watched DVD's and relaxed and ate what we wanted when we wanted. It was freezing when we were there, but has a great big veranda and beautiful lake views, would be gorgeous now and well worth the money - I think its cheaper than the hotel, but you need a car, its about 30 mins from the clinic, a straight drive and with Aldi or Lidl to shop in its dead cheap.

Anyway - hope everyone else is well, I had my anomaly scan on Tuesday and all is well - I am having a little girl, my DD is over the moon and I cant wait now!

Sal

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi all,

Just got back from our first scan and at 6 weeks + 3 days this is what the consultant said:

Findings - Normal intrauterine pregnancy
Fetal heart activity present - rate at 115bpm
Crown-rum lenght - 3.8mm
There is a single, viable, intauterine pregnancy which appears slightly less advance than the IVF dates suggests. A rescan at 2-3 weeks is recommended.

We have of course booked another scan in 3 weeks, whats another £90 on top of what we have spent so far. We also saw the heartbeat and he said that he heard it. It was incredible.

Meme, so sorry to hear that your FET didn't work, try and stay positive. I have a good vibe about the next TX.

Sallyo - great news, I can't wait to get to that stage, but have to take one day at a time as there are still such high risks of miscarriage.

Binky - good luck for next Friday, you have come on such a long journey to get here and you deserve this so very much.

Bok - can I steal your puppy, he is beautiful. I remember getting my Rotie 3 years ago as a pup and they grow so fast. Good luck with a puppy and a baby.... :p :p :p I could not do the puppy stage again  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ::) ::)

·
Registered
112 Posts
glad you r scan was good barnies. Try not to worry too much. Did doc say what the stabbing pain was?
Marie  - sorry bout your news.
oooh puppy is gorgeous!!
Having the worst head acxhes ever now every afternoon from 5 onwards - 2 hrs after 3pm sniff. I still have to sniff even when i jab dont i.... :'( :'(
very tired still and fed up with sniffing already  :'(
i guess not in best frame of mind today  - speak later....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi everyone :)

Aww Blizzi chin up huni it'll be worth it you'll see,its so not a nice process tho is it??

Congratulations Barnies girl,bet it still hasn't sunk in yet!

Catie and bok-not long for us now ladies!! beginning of august will soon be here!! we are all at the hotel right?? anyone else there the same time?? 

Have been on a little family holiday to celebrate my BIG birthday,it was just what the doctor ordered before i start tx but guess i'll have to change my profile age now!! boo hoo!! bugger it i think i'll leave it for a bit ;D ;D ;D

Hope everyones ok havent caught up with everyones goings on yet havent long got back but liking our new home ;D

Speak to you soon

xx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hiya All,

Barnies Girl - you must be a little excited, the scan showed a pregancy probably not must to see as still early but it showed great news. I would be happy with that!!

And everyone is taking their meds which is good and cant wait for their forthcoming treatment, i wish you all good luck.

I still have not decided on what to do yet but it is nice to hear everyones stories. I want  to try again but i am not sure i can go through with everything. Anyway i am off down to my sisters for a week next wednesday (she lives in portsmouth) to chill out and see my nephews (1yrs & 4yrs old).

Take Care
Sam XXX

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi All,

It's getting a bit quiet on here at the moment, i hope you are all ok  :)

Sam - have a great time in portsmouth  ^hugme^

Ger - HAPPY 40th  :)  I have started to get really restless now with wanting to get on with my treatment.  I start sniffs on 9th july (i think).  do you start exactly then too?  i got my drugs back in april and when i read the puregon box the other day it said 'patients can keep this in the fridge for up to 3 months' so i am panicking now that i bought it too early. the synarela also said to store standing up and one of the bottles was lying down - can this really make a difference do you think?  i am seriously going mental with my thoughts at the mo  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ;D ;D

Blizzi - hi, i am getting daily headaches just from taking metformin so i am not looking forward to these sniff things  :mad: ;D  Are you feeling any better now?  when do you go back to norway?

Barnies - congrats on the scan  :) It only seems 2  minutes ago that you were stressing about starting treatment with the lodger from  hell in your house  ;D

Binkyboots - glad things are well with you. it's good to hear how you are getting on as you were my first ever norway contact back in Feb.

Bok - how are you? are you getting restless yet or are you good at chilling out?

Hi to everyone else, speak soon, lots of love
Catie
xxx

·
Registered
256 Posts
hello all

I'm new to this thread. We have our first consultation arranged for Aug 08.
We are staying at the Radisson but we were wondering if anyone has booked a holiday let apartment during treatment. If so can you let me know your recommendations??

Many thanks

Sheldon

·
Registered
112 Posts
Catie - yes headaches been better the last few days. Feeling more up than down now - thanks  :)
Done more relaxing thannormal this weekend tho so maybe that helps.
Start injecting Menopur in 3 days. Not sure whether to do first thing in morn or last at nite  - any one find one better than other??
Finally planted out all seedlings that me and ds grew weeks ago - good feeeling seeing my own flowers growing. I love gardening.  ::)
Shedlon - we stayed at Rad 1st time and for the 10 dayer we are renting a cabin for about £500 on a farm about 30 mins away. I think Barnies rented one for about £200 but had an outside dunny!!! isnt that right Barnies! Poor you! I decide i wanted more luxury esp with a 6 yr old coming with us too. Have to hire a car at about 360 quid for 10 days. Took us ages to find a cabin that would go the whole 10 days, as they like to do sat to sat.
I gotta go march my son to bed now......and away from the simpsons. Not always up this late but inset day tomorrow!
take care x
:-* :-*

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi all - took me a while to find you all in the new home!!!!

I'm so sorry i haven't been around much time seems to pass by so quickly. I celebrated my 30th birthday last month & went away with girls from work for the weekend just gone. I had fully intended to catch up with you all today but i had a terrible thing to come home to yesterday. Sadly my youngest dog Fletch (the white one) died on saturday night.  :'( :'( :'( We are not sure what happened as we were both out but DH came home and found him tangled up in our duvet so it looks like he may of suffocated in some way. To say we are devastated is an understatement. We are completely lost but are trying to carry on for Ruby. Its just heartbreaking & i don't know how we will get over this. He wasn't an easy dog & had his faults but we loved him so much & it is just not the same without him. Poor Ruby hasn't eaten since & is just wandering fro room to room. DH has had to go away with work today so we are on our own which is hard. we're going to stay at my mums tonight.  :( :(

On a nicer note i have been feeling a few flutterings lately so all well in that department.

I will catch up with you all soon just finding it hard to concentrate for long at moment.

I hope you are all well.

Love Tot xx

·
Registered
230 Posts
Tot, I am so so sorry for you loss. Dogs are massive family members and to lose one so suddenly is tragic  :'( :'( :'( :'( I lost my last dog 3 years ago overnight and I never had a chance to say goodbye to him He dies 5 weeks after my mum so it was a double whammy. My DH had a staffie who moped around for a couple of months, but I can assure you that it will get easier for all of you.

Glad you have the flutterings..  ;)

Where is everyone, it is so quiet on here? Has anyone heard from Beveroni yet?

Sheldon, I did stay in a cabin with an outside loo, it was not too bad but as it rained for the week its was a bit of a pain. We stayed the last night in the hotel after ET so I was pampered. Cabin was in a nice area though 30 mins from the clinic. MUST have a car if you are going to a cabin in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello ladies,

I'm back from lovely Haugeshund, and it was just as everyone described it. So quiet and peaceful. You are really forced to relax.
DP found it a bit too relaxing and got bored. But we thought we would stock up on books and DVDs a lot more next time. I'm glad I was warned about how expensive everything was. Boy -it IS expensive!  ::)

Our consultation went well and they are confident that they can treat us with good chances of sucess- yipee! ,and yes Jon is very direct (made me laugh) but he is also thorough, Elise is so lovely and sweet! She took us through all of the drugs. I ll be taking standard drugs: Synarela & Puregon.
The only problem was that the clinic is closed for July and some of August so we will need to wait. Also this is proving a bit tricky to book holidays etc and to tie in my cycles with time off. She just said to let her know when I have my period on the cycle that I want to begin.

I feel silly for coming away with unanswered questions but have a question for ladies who have been through a cycle.......

Do I ring Elise/ Jon when I get my period and then she gives me a personal treatment plan with dates for drug taking, E/C etc?
(I think this part of our discussion got a bit complicated because we could nt commit to dates! and they then had to explain all the dates that the clinic was closed)  :)
So I guess treatment at the clinic will be quiet during July but busy in August. I think she said it is closed until the 11th August?
Anyone going out at the end of August?

Tot- Belated birthday wishes. Sorry to hear about your dog. We have a dog and he is our baby! I would be so upset if anything happened to him.

Blizzi, Ger &Catie- Hope you are feeling better. I'll be your progress as I shall be starting sniffs a few weeks after youx

Sheldon -Welcome ! Good luck with your search for accomodation

Barnie's- So pleased for you that the scan went well. You must be so happy  :)

Love Bluebell x

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Girls/Ladies :)

It was nice catching up with all the news - though I haven't read all the postings since I was last here. I like the new room tho  ;D

Barnies - I'm really happy with your news  ^hugme^ It was a relief seeing that your scan went well.

Sam - Have a nice hoiday, and get some time to think.

My news is that I have my new prescription, but it's stuff I'm unfamiliar with. Puregon in cartridges and Clexane as well as the pill and the Synarel. Anyone know where I can get these cheap? My doc won't prescribe them for me. I ordered from Fazeley Pharmacy last time and he was lovely - but that was for Menopur. I will call him anyway, and get an idea how much it costs, but if anyone knows anywhere else, I need the tip. We are still paying off the bills for the last tx, but I feel that my body clock is ticking fast and don't want to waste time.

On one hand, I am happy to be on the go and as one of you said - in control. On the other hand, I am dreading the whole thing again. (I have to be honest). I felt so fat and frumpy and lethargic, and wished I had a kaftan to hide myself in. Plus, the injections are no picnic are they girls, and neither is the EC. Anyway enough of the moaning - I know it's a means to a beautiful end.

I hope you are all well, and will catch up with everyone now I feel slightly more in the loop than I was.

Mosca xxxxxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
tot -so sorry to hear about your dog. Years ago when i lost my 2 cats in a few mos  - i was devastated and my other cat was lost, like your other dog is. Very sad.

Bluebell  - i would think you are right, i agree that you need to call them when you start your period. I had my appointment on day 2 of period and they worked out my dates from that, so i think yes ring them the minute you start. If in doubt ring E;lise before then.

Mosca - i used fazeley for synerela and menopur but from what i understand they can get all the drugs.

Barnies g - i couldnt get a cabin from the people you went thru, all booked up which is a shame cos despite out dor loo you paid a great price. Mind you we had to book for 10 days so more expensive but i didnt think £500 was too bad really. Couldnt get as good a deal as you did on the car but guess we will just have to go with what we can get.

Feeling heaps better now - thank fully no headahce since friday. a blessing. Thanks for your kind words  - kept me together. Lost abit of weight which i am hopeing will help and asked DP to not drinnk any alcohol but he still wants his friday 1 beer. Jon says it shouldnt matter as he doesnt drink any during week. I'd rather he go completely free but!!!
One q i have for you girls - how long is hubby meant to abstain before the  ^sperm^ collection?? I thought i read 5 days but he thinks its 3. ::)
Getting bit scared about the EC tho :-\ Oh well  - it'll all go fine i expect  ^pray^

1 - 20 of 1395 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.