Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1109 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for a new year ladies. Here's  ^pray^  you get everything you dream of this year.

Cath x

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Happy new year  ^festival^ ^festival^ ladies!

We had a great night we went to friend house and had a small party! Normally I hate new years but we had great fun let's hope this year we won't be able to go out!!

Nikki I'm sorry to hear your news Hun, we know how u feel we to have just had a failed cycle and are now having to self fund for our next one, luckily we were saving for a house deposit so had some of te money but means we have to stay where we are but like u all of rather have a baby then a new house!

Miss Davies is great and has recommended that I have gestone injections instead of the pesseries!! Which I'm glad about I hated them pesseries! Not to sure I'm pleased about the extra injections but I'm sure I'll get used to them and I'll give anything a go! I also asked about taking a small dose of aspirin which she is happy for me to take.

Let's hope 2011 brings us all our dreams this year

Jess xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Happy new year everyone x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello everyone!

So 2011 is here, i hope everyone is havng a fantastic new year so far.

to all you IUI'ers out there i have a question i really need answering and i cant phone the clinic today as theyre closed.  Period due today so this will be first iui cycle, i start taking clomid on day 2.  i understand day 1 is classed as proper bright red blood flow is this right??  ive been spotting for past couple of days so im thinking its definitly going to be today, now if this doesnt start till tonight, say 9pm/10pm is day 1 still classed as today or tomorrow? thank you girlies, ive left it a bit late to ask i know!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
:) Happy New year ladies  :)

Star, when Mr F put me on clomid, i asked the same question. He said count day 1 as full blood, when you need to use protection.
Anything late evening count day 1 the next morning.  Not sure if that is the same as doing IUI hun. But hope someone will be
able to help you more  ;)  Good luck  ^hugme^ xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi everyone! Have a look at " Intralipids" been in the daily mail today and I've already been on at Salisbury but the nurse said that dr F didn't really seem to excited about it but I've been on a few other forums and it's had a major success rate!!!! X

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi Nikki,
Can we only have these if high nk cells?

Jess xx

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't think so! It is used for that but just normal as well, Salisbury are going to look into it

X

·
Registered
171 Posts
Happy new year everyone sent with lots of  ^pray^  and  ^fairydust^ for a 2011 filled with lots of BFPs!!!

After a nice christmas and new year trying not to think about all things fertility, we're now back in a positive mindframe for hopefully a 3rd time lucky IUI. Just waiting for AF to show, which should be middle of the month, then its back on the injections we go! The clinic are going to scan me more regularly this time to hopefully prevent over-stimming again and we're also following some of Zita West's book and have some accupuncture sessions to help do all we can for our last IUI. Trying not to think about moving on to IVF just yet as that'll be the next plan and for now, focus on this try.

Hope everyone's 2011 have got off to a good start and I look forward to hearing lots of good news on here soon, lets kickstart the new year with some BFP's!!

^hugme^ to all xxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everyone!

Clairey: good luck for your cycle!  i hope your right and theres lots of BFPs this year at salisbury, including me and you, haha!!

Rachel: thanks for the advice on the day 1 scenario!! i did start bleeding at about 7ish monday night but clinic said on tuesday to take day 1 as tuesday - which i did!  how are you???  have you had any morning sickness?? whens the next scan?

Costa: not long now till babes gets here!!

Hope everyone is doing well.  i am on my 2nd day of clomid, feel ok and no side effects (probably too early though as only had 2 pills!) - do have a dull ache in my groin area but am on period as well so that explains that one.  am so tired to and headachy but again i think its just getting back into work thats done that since the xmas break.  i need to keep on with the clomid till sunday then have a scan a week today, i ate loads at xmas and put on about half a stone.  feel angry now with myself.  my bmi is about 29.5 usually and now has probably just tipped the 30 mark, really annoyed with myself especially as they always say to keep it under 30.  i wonder really if bmi makes a massive difference, now ive got it in my head this cycle is going to be a failure.  trying to eat healthily now but i just cant be bothered to exercise, how bad is that?!  i need to stay positive but i just feel a bit negative. iui has such mixed info online. xxxxx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Ladies,
Hope everybody is OK and that 2011 brings lots of good news to all of us!!!!!!

Star- Now just 5 weeks to go, I cant believe hahhaha, some people are asking me if I am just 6 months pregnant hahhahahha. Saw miss Davies today and all booked for my c-section on 14/02, I just cant wait.
I can imagine how excited and nervous you are about your treatment, I was exactly the same. Say to try to relax is so difficult.... but just try not blame yourself for things that you should not do and did... I  remember I tried so many different things etc etc etc and got so sad when things did not work as planned...
Just need to wait and see... What is good here is that we can see lots of people have been in that situation before and most of the time in the end we can get good results so we just need to be positive and believe that each of us will have our special time. Please let me know how you are getting on

Lots of love for everyone...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Happy New Year to everyone. Have been popping back now and then to see how you all are doing.
Just called SFC to ask about Intralipids too and spoke to one of the nurses and was told in a short and sweet answer that its not something that the clinic believe in...shame as it sure does look very promising....not sure why they dont believe in it though, prob should have asked.
Starting fresh IVF cycle at beginning of Feb...v nervous about it this time and particularly injecting without the auto injector...am dreading it....has anyone else had to do this and how did you find it?
xx

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi Ladies
Diamondgcm, I too have just called SFC and got the same reaction... in fact she said "where has all this come from?" so i told her it was in the newspaper late last week.again they said they don't believe in it and like u i didn't bother to ask!!

i had to inject Gonal F in my last TX and i was too dredding doing it without the autoinject, it was actually easier then with and it hurt less!!!! so being the brave one i decided it would be a good idea to give the busserilin a go with out the autoinject which was very different! the neeedle going in didn't hurt but i think it's the liquid going in that makes it sting a bit!

i am also having gestone this time which is another injection instead of the pesseries! so am a little worried about that one!

hope everyone is ok

Jess xx

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi JJR81
My first visit for a couple of weeks; just gearing up to another IUI and I notice that you're going to have the gestone injections as well this cycle. I've already used the auto-injector for buserelin and menopur and I find that ok, just the occasional raised sore/itchy patch depending on where in my leg it goes in but I too am dreading the gestone injections a bit, especially as DH will be doing those and so I won't be in charge of the needle-going-in bit!
Good luck with your treatment; I'll post again when I start my cycle, hopefully next week, and if you start your gestone injections before me do you think you could let me know if there's any way of making it less painful?!
Thanks,
chocfudge x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello ladies,
Hope everybody is OK.

Diamondgcm- I did all IVF cycle once and had to have injections without autoinject where you have to mix few vial etc,
my DH husband used to "inject" on me.
When I have my embryos transfered for the last time I decided to have gestone instead of pressaries and I remember
for 1 week my DH was way and I had to inject myself. It was not very fun but I could manage so I am sure you will be ok. The injections for the IVF cycle are much better than gestone one. Don't be scare you will be fine.
If you have any question be free to ask.

Take all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
tnx, Costafox and Jess...has made me feel better :) will be better when I have done it for the first time and then at least I will know what to expect!....I will need to do it for the Heparin injections and Cetrotide....have got a month to worry about it! I did ask my DH about doing it but he doesn't think he can, bless!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi ladies
Costafox I let dh inject me once on each injection never again!! He was more nervious then me so took ages to do it! After that I did it my self and think it was easier that way for me anyway!

I think I'm going to do buserillin and gonal f injects into my tummy this time, there is more area shall we say!! :)

Gestone is another matter if only I could reach my bum I'd certainly be doing it myself, I still might have a go yet... Standing in the mirror might work???! :/

Jess xx

·
Registered
139 Posts
See that makes me mad!!! Just coz they don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't work and it should be our choice,

I've been looking into it and Nottingham fertility centre does it and you can self refer, x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello all again,
Hope everyone is OK.

Jess -  I did not have an option, both time I was told I have to have the injections in my bottom where they could find more tissue.
I have to say in the begin my DH was feeling very guilt and did not want to "hurt" me but after a week he was fine and sometime used to say "sorry"...
I though difficult to inject myself in my bottom and to be honest did not try stand up..

Take care all.

1 - 20 of 1109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.