Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home ladies, happy chatting.

xxxxx

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
woohoo im 1st
(easily pleased so i am)

lovely to hear from you sass well done eleanor what a great easter pressie...

love to you all

bookmarking so i can still have my daily read to see how you are all doing xx

nicky xx

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi folks, everyone enjoying the sunshine?

Just bookmarking really but also wanted to say 'woop woop' to sass re E's home coming, such bloody marvellous news!

Love to all

JJ x x

·
Registered
600 Posts
QZ just watched your shopping trip clip on BBC3 and am laughing so much at Kayley's escape!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yay brill news Sass all home together  :)

JJ- Thats my Kayley  ::)  she also throws her dinner on the floor . Naughty!

This weather is brilliant , went to look at caravans today with the tots and very impressed and tempted.. They loved all the knobs and switches best. There is a model with triple bunks, its fab  ;D 

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ooh nice van. I'd be tempted as well.

Just expressing following the 2 o'clock feed which actually started at 1am on account of DH not giving Eleanor enough at 10. Grrrr!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mmmm my dh does that too!!! And sure he gets them up to me before they poo!!!

I so want a caravan too quads, what fun and better way to get about with lots if kids! Though fancy a motor home one so don't have to tow it! Can't see dh agreeing to having it in the drive!! Unless I tell him my mum could stay in it when she visits! Now that could swing it!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
wow sass you are a still,still expressin! I hardly had any milk when the boys were born but expressed for 6 weeks,i could never breastfeed them as i only expressed about 30 ml which would never fill them up.Expressing was very stressful and exhausting for me.welldone you girl!how are you settlong in with your full family at home?
I need some advice: two our boys arr brilliant settling themselves to sleep,but George is often unable to fallasleep. He tries tosuckhis tumb,but hecan't coordinate it well enough yet so je gets angry and starts to cry the longer he cries the angrier he gets.if i give him a dummy he is ok for afew mins but then he spits ot out and starts again.the only place he can settle on these ocasions isthe electric swing or in my arms. Sometimes he does this after the 2 am feed but mainly after the 6 pm. It is very exhausrinh for us as it takes hours to get him to sleep.Last night his brothets went to bed at 7 pm,but he didn't sleep a wink until 9:30 pm. Why is he doing it?he sleeps like the others during the day,he eats well and he doesn't seem to be in pain.it looks like he just doesn't want to sleep sometimes. We are both are dreading nightimes now.  Oh and they all have a cold so feeding them takes ages so we hardly get any sleep lately. HELP!!!!!

I haven't had a chance to say hello to the new pregnant ladies.Welcome to you,i think you ate in the best possible place.i learnt so much from hete (still do) i don't think i would have had half as good care from my hospital if it wouldn't had been for thegirl's advice here.what i learnt is thatyou have to be on top of the game and be very involved in your own care as most doctors don't have much experience withtriplet pregnancies. I self assigned myself to bed at around20 weeks after i had horrible pains then on quads advice asked for nhs socks and clexane to prevent bloodclots.i was also on progesteron (cyclogest) all the way through,at fist to support the pregnancy and later to help my cervix stay shut.itworked i think as my cervox was shut until the endwhen i went into labour at 30 weeks,but that was verylikely caused by my enlargd and twisted ovaries that caused me agony from 20 weeks.
I think the most important thing you can do is rest and eat well.i eat so much is unbelievable and believe ot helped to grow the boysto 3 lb is each.
Have a lovely sunday everyone and hope someone can come up with some ideas re crying.
X

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bimbo - 6pm is "fussy time" as the nurses in my SCBU used to call it. Some babies just fuss at this time and won't settle. It usually lasts about 4 hours. Arthur does it. We feed him and walk him about the house, and feed him some more and don't expect him to settle. He'll also only settle after feeding in the night if I let him settle on me then, whilst he's still settled I put a sheet over him, then put him in bed and wrap the sheet around him. If a bit of a faff but the only way to get him off quickly. Eleanor is better but will usually ask for extra food around 6. Sort of 50% more than she will at any other time. You might want to try that.

The bad news is fussy time is difficult to settle during. The good news is it usually stops by the time they are 3 to 4 months old (adjusted). Is more common in breast fed babies but can still happen in formula fed babies.

On the expressing front, I'm really lucky that I've always had a good supply and except for a short period when Arthur was on formula for a dodgy liver, they've always just had my milk. It is tiring to make though and difficult to find the time. It would be easier if they would go on the breast but neither of them will with any conviction; it's much easier to take it from a bottle. On the plus side, it is great for weight loss. I now weigh one and a half stone less than my pre pregnancy weight.

I've noticed Arthur's a major farty pants. Despite comprehensive winding, he spends all night going  fart fart fart. Eleanor isn't much better. DH commented yesterday that he'd been relugated into 3rd place in the "who farts most in the family" league.

Had a rough night. Eleanor is still unsettled. Our home environment is v different to SCBU so she's quite clingy. To be expected I guess. Arthur was the same when he first came home. Hopefully she'll get the hang of it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
thanks for theinfo  sass,to bw honest i first noticed that george doesn't settle at 6 in the hospital whwn hwcried from 6 to 10 pm and i knew he was hungry,bit the nurses wouldn't let me feed me on the doctors order,who cut back his feedfrom 90 ml to 70 as thought the too much food was causing his bradies and desats. When we came home i gave him 90 during the day and 120 at 6 as he needed more i realised.now i offer a 150 to all of them at 6 and they take as much as they want and still they are all hungry at 10 no mattet how much theyhad,which is great as i like them to  have a routine.
So now based on what you said i will not expect him to settleandif he doesn't i will just cuddle him- although i tried skinto skin yesterday and he didn't want it :(- or put him in his swing to see if that helps.i suppose we just have to put up with not having a quiet evening,but then againwe have 3 wonderful babies. :)
Arthur and Elenor are so lucky to have just your milk!Brilliant!wish i could have done the same...
Are you on **?i would love to see pics of them if you pm me your name dp can mark you - i am not on for some reason never got around to register,but dp puts photos on about our banch.
Other topic what does everyone has in their changing bags and what would you recomend to take with us when  you go out?also what changing bag is everyone using?i am planing to take the boys to a babygroup on tuesday and i am sure there is something i could put in the car that i haven't already. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
hi girls just bookmarking but wanted to say
Sass great news little elenor home at last where she belongs hope thats the last you see of scuba hun so happy for you and your family xxx
bimbo when i go out i try to go as light as poss babywipes,nappies,dummys,nappy sacs,drinking cups or in your case bottles,and apacket of apple rice cakes but yours not ready for that yet oh and bibs thats all i take hope that helps xxx

love n  ^hugme^  to all VW xx

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Change bags- Spare clothes- vest and babygrow for each baby. (I kept these in named plastic sandwich bags as then you don't need to search for a bag for the dirty ones and if they are different sizes makes things easier). Nappies, wipes, small nappy cream, nappy rubbish bags, bibs, muslin cloths, sunhats, sun cream. Seperate bag for bottles and food bits. I also kept a few essentials in the boys change bag for me- e.g. small purse with change (for parking etc) Sanitary towels etc. Pen, paper etc.

I used a small bag that you would use to pack for a weekend away, not a specific nappy bag as I found them so expensive. I also have some fabric bags with string handles (similar to a school gym bag) these are fab now the boys are bigger just to put nappies and wipes in, and I use a seperate one just fro Oscars things.

I always make sure there is a spare set of clothes for Oscar and one set for the boys in the pockets on my pram as well- and I was so glad i did as we have used them twice in the past week- once when we forgot to pick up Oscars change bag and he pooed through his clothes and this week when we went to toddler group Zac climbed in the shallow water tray and was soaked.

Hope you have all had a good weekend.

L

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bimbo,

Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading back through the posts, and eating as I do. I am also on crinone till delivery and my IVF clinic has recommended clexane, my gyno said no point, my IVF clinic said at bed rest time (week 24) so based on everything I have been reading I will be printing out the mail from my IVF clinic and taking it with me to the hospital. Mever thought i would be pushing for an injection.

Anyway ladies, you keep wrting, I am still a couple of years behind on your posts but I will catch up.

have a happy easter.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
hey guys we just bought a caravan

we have just had our first trip in it to flamingo land in yorkshire for a week it was fabby...ours has a triple bed in the front and a double at the back it was such good fun..would highly reccomend it....we are going to do a couple o wks in the summer and get in some w/e s too.....

love to you all

nicky

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hiya, great news Sass :)

Ok I need a quick vote ladies.... ABC adventure buggy  or Valco Twin plus toddler seat? ???

I have the ABC  recliner but find it heavy/bulky/too tall being only 5ft 2, so should I sell it and get a valco, as I'll soon be able to manage with just a toddler seat?

Thanks
Beth
xXx

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hi Everyone :)

Sass- fab news on Eleanor coming home,

Bimbo- my youngest DD was a nghtmare to settle in the evening-a bath used to help her ::)

Quads- cant wait to watch you- Nikki wanted me to let her know when it's on too.

As for caravans have said before and could bore everyone, But I love mine- Just come back from long weekend and going again on Thursday  :)  I do rally's, which are cheap & chearfull but have soo many friends there who are more like family to me and have been the best support ever to me.
Ive just had to change from a fixed bunk caravan as the kids were complaining about the lack of space- 5 year old and 16 year old!!! cant win hey.

Hope everyone enjoying the sun
Love to all Nic xxx

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
can someone tell me when to view quads crew on tv...please

hopefully you will be on yourself q to tell me ... i want to say tomorrow 9pm bbc3 am i correct?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
found it and reminder set ... ca wait

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi all lurker bookmarking
Laura hope you are ok been thinking about you and your family X
Oh and T asked me the other day when she can see the triples again I said do you mean the triplets and she was yes mummy ! They clearly impressed her! She then asked since Libby is an easy baby next time we could have triples too!!
Maybe not was my answer
Fran

·
Registered
205 Posts
Alison,
i couldn't reply to your pm. Just wanted to let you know that i will mark you on ** in my dp's name. :)
doing the third one now,it takes ages to burp him....we had a very hard evening earlier when all 3 were unsettled and cried a lot till around 11pm.
Nic100-I thought that the bath might help too,we bath them every night - i even do when dp is at work till 10pm- to give them a good routine,but it doesn't seem to work.:(
Lyzbeth -is the abc adventure where you have a reclining toddler seat on the top??i have that and love it,but i know that my boys are still tiny so that might be why is so easy to push and navigate.
Quad- can't wait to see you on telly!i seen the little clip about shopping and loved your car!we are looking to buy a 7 seater,what make and model is yours?

X

1 - 20 of 468 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.