Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I feel so happy to be posting here, I remember at one point in my life feeling like I would never be in a position to think about number 3!!!

There are so many newly pregnant woman around at work at the moment and I'm getting MEGA broody. I've always deep down thought my family would be "complete" with 3 children but I've been too scared. Everyone who has 3 says it's a whole different ballgame...

Anyway, DH and I have decided to see what happens if we give it a go naturally. I've conceived naturally a couple of times before (mot recently 6 months ago) but they've always ended at around 5 weeks because of immune issues.

I'm currently taking 10mg Prednisolone and am going to start on Asprin tomorrow. I'm on day 4 of my cycle but since I was on the pill until last week I'm expecting this cycle to be a short one...

Anyone else in a similar position? Would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi vixen

I'm in a bit of a similar position. I'm a new member to FF and just posted in this section last week for the first time after lurking for a while.
We have unexplained inf and have a gorgeous little girl who's nearly 2.5. We had a misc in Nov after having a nat FET with our remaining frosties and have decided not to have anymore treatment. We've agreed to give it our best shot naturally for 6 months and, if no luck, move on as a happy family of 3. Not sure how easy that will be in reality but we will see.
I had immune drugs on all our Barbados treatments (pred, aspirin and clexane) and am taking aspirin again myself now. Are you taking the pred under the guidance of a clinic and being monitored? Am also taking a concoction of vits and supplements (mainly based on a few posts I've read on here) to try and give ourselves the best chance possible.
Am finding it very difficult to not get myself in a state around OV time about DTD at the right time and then the am I? am I not? of the 2ww but am trying my hardest to be chilllllllled out and  ^reiki^  about it all - it's definately a wonderful distraction having a toddler running about and it must be a double distraction having twins!

Faning x

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
faning said:
Are you taking the pred under the guidance of a clinic and being monitored?
Ahem.... no :-[ :-[ :-[ I'm taking the steroids I have left over from my ICSI with the boys which I know is really, really bad but hey ho.... :-[ ::)

It's tough isn't it to not get sucked in to the whole merry go round again. It's no where near as hard as TTC no.1 but I still have to constantly stop myself from daydreaming because I feel like I'm setting myself up for a fall...

I'm on day 15 of my cycle now and no sign of ovulation which is odd. I'm wondering if I maybe ovulated really early ^pray^ ^pray^ We'll see what happens!

Where are you in your cycle at the moment? When you got pg with your DD did you have the pred and clexane? I'm pinning all my hopes on these drugs as I really feel that they are what made the difference in our cycle with the boys. ^pray^ ^pray^

We're just DTD left, right and centre so I'm not really bothering with waiting till the timing's right... think that enthusiasm might wear off pretty quickly though! ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Please note, Fertility Friends does not endorse any type of self medication/DIY drugs administering . We ask you to seek advice from you GP/clinic on any aspects when self administering drugs of this nature without professional medical supervision/approval"

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hiya

I'm day 14 so spookily close to you. Have bought clearblue digi ov tests and no smiley face for me yet either but fully expecting it tomorrow because my cycles are pretty much always 28/29. I wish I could say that we're DTD right left and centre but I'd be lying - more like having one or two throws at the bullseye and hoping for the best ;D

I did take pred, clexane and aspirin when I got pg with DD and, actually, have a supply of all of them because my lovely, lovely GP had just written me a presc for them a week before I MC in Nov. I'm too scared to use the pred without Tx though, I worry about the side effects of taking them cycle after cycle (i.e. for me, a moon face complete with beard ;) ). I'm also not 100% convinced those drugs made the crucial diff for me considering I had 3 Txs with immune drugs and only one successful PG. Having said that, if I'm not PG in a few months, I might be saying to hell with it, I'm taking em too ^tmi^

It's definately not the same as TTC #1 but knowing how amazing it was to do it all once, I REALLY want to do it again. The biggest thing for me is staying calm during the upcoming 2ww and not getting my knickers in a twist about it all.......I will not get stressed, I will not poke my boobs, I will not analyse every twinge....

Right, am off to take my vits, have a cup of decaff green tea, order a dress for a wedding, oh, and seduce DH away from the football ^bigbad^

"Please note, Fertility Friends does not endorse any type of self medication/DIY drugs administering . We ask you to seek advice from you GP/clinic on any aspects when self administering drugs of this nature without professional medical supervision/approval"

xx

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, good luck with the seduction!

I still have no idea where my ovulation has gone  ^idiot^ Day 16 now and historically I would have ovulated today or yesterday but still no smiley face which makes me wonder if I did in fact ovulate last week, on about day 7 or 8 which I think is what's happened the last 2 times I came off the pill. I have no idea what's going on...  :-[

And yes, I AM analysing every single twinge and I've even started poking my boobs already - For goodness sake, this is going to be a long 6 months! (that's how long we've given ourselves)

Take care, keep me updated, I have my fingers crossed for both of us. It's lovely to have someone to share the excitement with!  :) :) :) :) :) ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hiya
MY ov is AWOL too! day 15 now and still no surge so I think it must've been Mon when I stupidly decided not to poas because I thought it was too early  ^eyes^ Am gonna do one more test tomorrow am and if still nothing presume I've missed it, swap the grapefruit juice for pineapple juice/brazil nuts and stop taking the EPO. Or maybe the vits have lengthened my cycle? aaargh, what were you saying about it being a long 6 months ahead (which is the length of time we've also given ourselves. spooky or what?)
Ah well, what will be will be. I think I'm probably out before the 2ww even starts tbh because we've only really DTD once in the last few days - DH had a master plan to save his 'boys' for a few days so they would, ahem, surge to the right place. Maybe thinking we have no chance will make for a quick fortnight  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ 
Step away from those boobs!  ;)  and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  to you
xx

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Faning - (how do you pronounce that... as in fanning or feigning?  ???  )

I think my body's gearing up for a surge tomorrow. Been having twinges and EWCM. Gawd I can't even rememeber the last time I bothered to check my CM  ;D ;D

We're going to go for gold tonight...  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

That would be so typical to miss your surge - I hate that kind of uncertainty  ^bigbad^  Would be doubly spooky if we both got our surge tomorrow  :) :)

Good luck!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  xx

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have never thought about how to say 'faning', I guess as in fanning - its a sort of shortened version of my real name (highly original, me  ;) )

Guess what appeared on my pee stick this am?  :)  !!!! WTF?!? don't think it's ever been day 16, must be the vits which I'm taking as a  ^reiki^  sign. Means we get another shot at the target this month, hoorah! a bucketful of grapefruit juice today to get the juices flowing  :p  and an early night all round tonight  ;)

Any + for you?
x

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my goodness - spookier and spookier!!! I was just coming on to let you know we got our surge this morning!! ;D ;D ;D

We DTD last night and won't do it again tonight as we want to boost our chances of having a girl (My DS has Autism and a girl would statistically have less chance of also having Autism) but I'd be over the moon either way :) :)

So now all we have to do is sit back and wait for nine months and a baby will pop out.... yeah right, we all know that's not true ::) ::)

I'm going to start taking cyclogest tomorrow. I'm also going to start poking my boobs and analysing everything ::)

SO glad you got your surge too - here's to a quick and positive 2WW ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eeeeek Faning!! I MIGHT have just got a very, very, very faint positive HPT!!!!!!!!!  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

It seems I might have actually ovulated really early and the surge I detected today was actually hCG  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Gawd, we've been here before though so I'm really worried it won't last  :-\

I'm so excited, I can't sit still and don't know what to do with myself....

·
Registered
82 Posts
No Way!! OMG, that's fantastic!!!! I tested early when pg with DD with a dusty OV test (cos DH was playing at being the  ^police^  and had hidden the PG tests) and, from what I subsequently was told, to get a + OV test when PG requires more HCG than a pg test to be detected so the signs are good  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Oh, I really hope it all works out for you this time. Keep taking the you-know-whats and start the wotsits. Can you give your previous clinic a ring and see what they advise??

Have you told DH?? eeeek, I think I will be in a state of shock if this actually happens to me. Send some of that dust this way if you please  ^pray^ ^pray^

xx
BTW, I work in a special school with children with a range of special needs and there is indeed a much greater number of boys than girls...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh balls, Negative this morning  :( :mad:

I feel like I have ov pains though so maybe the pg tests I did were dodgy ones...  ^idiot^  I didn't think you could get false positives but I'm starting to wonder, particularly with those + sign ones...

At least we might still be in the game. I'm really worried now though that we've based this whole "mission" on the fact we had a chemical pg last year... I'm now wondering if that was just a dodgy test too...  :-[ :-[

Oh well, on with the meds and pray for a speedy 2 weeks!  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

How you getting on? Done the deed? xxxx

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bloody nora, what a head  ^swear^ , that's just rubbish  :mad: . I've never used cheapy tests because my crazy TTC mind plays tricks all on it's own without any help from dodgy tests  :) . Finger's crossed it was indeed OV instead and those  ^HappySperm^  are doing the do as we speak  ^reiki^ ^pray^

We DTD again this am but, going by the pains i had yesterday, that egg will need to have been a stayer for it to still be hanging around this am. Am hoping the action the day before the surge will have been enough  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ . it's really weird, DH is suddenly in much more of a panic about getting the right time than me which is a complete turnaround (& quite nice for me not to be the one stressing). I told him I got a  :)  yesterday so he came in from work at 4:30 and, as DD was miraculously napping on the sofa, suggested a little  ^BMS^  while dinner was cooking - I nearly burst out laughing, the days of afternoon sex are looooooong gone. Needless to say, the pressure of DD bursting through the door at any given moment killed the passion and mission was not accomplished! Prob not helped by me saying half way through the potatoes needed to go in the oven  ;D
Ah well, we can do more. Bring on the 25th and  ^No AF^

x

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha, that's hilarious!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Glad you managed to get down and dirrrty on a couple of good occasions  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Can't believe you mentioned potatoes half way through - I nearly snorted my coffee when I read that!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Right then Mrs, we need to drag each other through the next couple of weeks. What will you be doing to obsess?  ???  I'm going to start the cyclogest tomorrow...

I'm going to be checking on here daily to see how you're getting on.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  For a positive outcome for both of us! xxx

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I'm really struggling today... I thought I was ok but I've been feeling really low.  :'(

Don't get me wrong - I know how incredibly lucky I am and nothing will EVER compare to the pain of TTC no1 but I just feel so deflated and can't seem to snap out of it. I keep kissing and cuddling the boys and telling them how much I love them. I feel a bit guilty that they may never get to experience what it's like to have a little sibling - they'd be such good big brothers. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from...  :-\

I just feel like I've been really silly and naive for thinking it could work. Then I feel angry - why should it be naive to think that I might be able to conceive in the way that the vast majority of the population manages to?  :mad:  I guess I'm still envious of those who have total control over these things and really don't know how lucky they are. Unresolved issues you might say!  ::) ;D

How are you doing today? Feeling optimistic?  ??? :) :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh, I hear ya loud and clear and def have days when I feel exactly like that. I'm not surprised you feel like that today because, as I said yesterday, I think I will actually collapse in shock if it actually happens naturally after such a long time when it hasn't. And then suddenly you're back to square one and you think how could I be so stupid to think it would be that easy for us, that we would be that lucky again. That we would be like the rest of society (it seems!) and decide to have a baby in time for Christmas so have a couple of random  ^hump^ in March. After the MC in Nov I certainly felt like that. A lot.
But, I don't know why, I really believe WE can do it ourselves and, so far, still feel like that  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ . And you can too. To have 2 dodgy tests is unlikely, I'd stick to the belief that you DID get pregnant and WILL get pregnant again.

For me now, I'm totally at peace with having no more treatment and I think am slowly coming to terms with DD being an only child. But am not ready to accept it just yet so I will carry on TTC until I feel I can. Having one child would NEVER be what I would have chosen but life  ^swear^  sucks sometimes.
My DD's just come up to me, wrapped her arms round my neck and said 'I love YOU, Mummy' - I could still cry when I start to think how depressed I felt before I finally got PG the first time and how amazing my life is now I'm a Mummy and I'm just not prepared to let myself get that low again. Not for me, for her or for our happy little family of 3.

As for the 2ww plan, I'll be carrying on the vits (except EPO), drinking pineapple juice and eating 5 brazil nuts a day (nuts being the right word  ^idiot^ ) I did that when I got PG so am sticking to it! I'm going on a night out on the 25th so if no sign of AF before then  ^pray^  I'm gonna test so I know whether to drown in vodka or not
Chin up
xx

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that, made me feel loads better  :) :) :) :)  Awww, your DD sounds very cute  ^cloud9^

Good plan re the vodka - I like the thought of drowning in it but  ^pray^  that you won't be able to  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Absolutely PMSL at people having random ^hump^  in March to have a baby by Christmas  ;D ;D ;D ;D  I guess ultimately those type of people will probably never know how lucky they are which is a bit of a shame as knowing how lucky we are actually makes us happier... certainly does for me anyway  :) :) :) :)

Do you think I can just sleep for the next 2 weeks? If we both get a negative result on the 25th I'll drown in vodka with you...  ::)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hiya

Hows your plan of sleeping through the 2ww coming along? Must be REALLY easy to do that with twin toddler boys  ;)
Hope you're feeling better today and back on the  ^reiki^  train of thought.

We're, what, 4days post ov now?, must be time for some crazy symptom spotting surely? I have none  ^bigbad^  goddammit.

x

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Ooh, sorry, what was that? I was sleeping...  ;D ;D

Yup, been poking my boobs like crazy but nothing... oh hang on.... they might be a tiny bit sore today  ::)

Feeling much better thanks - your pep talk helped  :) :) :-*

How are you feeling? Positive? I'm taking gestone now as well as steroids, I'll be amazed if this works but here's to hoping!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

What are you doing by way of distraction? Do you go out to work or are you a stay at home mum?  ???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hows the boobs? Anything else happening? Nowt doing here, but then when I had both FETs the embryos were only put back 5 days after OV, so a tad early to be analysing anything  ;D . Have felt an odd twinge but that's probably just been wind  ::) . Am gonna give myself a phantom pregnancy at this rate  ^idiot^ . Is the gestone a jag? I've used Clexane but never gestone. Are you able to have a chat with someone at your clinic about what they advise with a nat pregnancy? ^reiki^

I do work a bit-Tues & Weds, 12 hours in total but I travel about an hour each way so it's a full day really. We're really lucky in that my parents live close by and they look after DD which is ideal, they are nearly as besotted with her as we are :)  - my work/home life balance is in balance for all of us at the moment and long may that continue! What about you?
We also do swimming on a Mon and music on a Thurs so the weeks go quickly. I relish finishing work on a Wed knowing I've got 5 whole days before I have to leave DD again (I'm a total sap).
Am trying so hard not to obsess about being on a 2ww, my positivity normally tails off once I get into the 1ww so I might need geed up again. I often get a cramp feeling for a few minutes the week before my period that lets me know it's on its way  :'(
I REALLY hope that doesn't happen for either of us this month  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^
x

1 - 20 of 211 Posts