Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

After TTC for a number of years and 3 failed IVF cycles we decided that adoption was the way forward for us.  That was 18 months ago, we thought it was best to put a bit of time between the last IVF and starting the adoption process and also got married in that time  :)

We had our first meeting with the adoption people on Wednesday and it seemed to go really well, having the meeting with them has made us both want this even more !!!

We desperatly trying not to get ahead of ourselves as we know we have a lot of hard work to come but are just so excited at the thought that this might actually happen for us

Take care

xxxxx

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
There's nothing wrong about being excited and enthusastic.  :)

Adopting is a roller coaster ride of all emotions and it certainly is exciting.  :)

Hoping all goes well  :)

bx

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's great that you're excited!! It's an amazing journey with lots of ups and downs but feep faith that at the end of it all you'll be a mummy! We started our journey about 18mths ago and we go to mp in 3weeks for ourr little one.  ;D  Keep us posted on your journey and good luck  :)
x

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi Kelly - we have felt the exact same way since making the decision last year that it was time to close the TX door and move forward.

Im very excited as I've been waiting on one SW completing a report (about how we were at Prep course etc)  and they agree we should start home study so now just need to get my own SW for Home study.  But when I was on phone I spoke with the SW who I have chatted to lots and she was very sweet - saying that we should have no issues as its obvious how much we have thought about the process and what it will be like etc.  Been on cloud 9 all afternoon!!  I know we still have a  long way to go but this hurdle has now been crossed yeah!!

Luv Gertie xox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts