Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to Fertility Friends and saw this section for ARGC.  I am trying to get an appointment with them for a consultation and wondering if anyone can help with a doctor?
A little background:  I cycled in the US (donor egg). We got 8 blastocysts, we transferred 2 fresh on Sept 07:  no pregnancy.  Then 2 FET in December 07: I got pregnant but miscarried at 13w.  Because my husband and I live in kenya I would like to transfer our remaining frozens somewhere more convenient.  A British embryologist working in the UK recommended ARGC, but they haven't responded to my emails.  (I also just hate sending emails to [email protected] addresses:  they are rarely replied to!)  Any advice?  I want to work with a doctor who is willing to be very collaborative with me on my protocol and with some remaining testing to figure out why I had this miscarriage so late in my cycle.
Thanks in advance!
Lee

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hi Lee

The best thing to do is give them a ring and get them to send you an information pack.  They'll need a copy of all of your notes to date so that they can see your history. 

You do not get assigned a specific doctor, they work as a team under Mr Taranissi who oversees every patients cycle, reviewing notes daily although you rarely get to meet him.  His doctors are very very good though so you will have no issues on that front. 

Did you have any karotyping done after the miscarriage as that is usually a good way of finding out what went wrong?  ARGC will be very thorough and they will want to understand how your body works and uncover any issues which may be affecting your chances.

Hope that helps

Lilyx

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
zengirl said:
You could download the application form from their website or ring them. :)
There is that...the website wasn't that advanced when I had my consult ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, ladies!

Unfortunately, we didn't have Karotyping done as I miscarried in Kenya and nobody (Kenyan ob/gyn nor US RE) told me about this test (boo hoo).

I am in the US, but I'll try to call them.

Cheers,
Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts