Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the website. It was recommended by a friend of mine who said she found the best support group when she was trying to conceive.

This is the sixth time I have been trying. I went through a mis-miscarriage, a miscarriage and a few implantation failures. I had tests done and at 46 years old, all is well with me apart from a low egg count. I have a very good lining and good oxygenation.

However, since April 2020, my temperature doesn't go down with the start of my periods. It has been working in cycles of about three/four months, then one cycle where it goes back to normal before it goes back up again and doesn't go down.

Has anyone ever experience something like that.

I noticed it started around the time I started taking fertility boosters advised by a fertility clinic. I don't know if this is related at all.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Low egg quality and aneuplodies might be a reason of mcs and implantation failture. You might ask your clinic to check your ovarian reserve and do karyotyping test.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low egg quality and aneuplodies might be a reason of mcs and implantation failture. You might ask your clinic to check your ovarian reserve and do karyotyping test.
I have had a blood test done showing a low egg reserve. It's the first time I hear about karyotyping test. I don't even know what it is...I have been told that clomid would be helpful in my case but it's trying to find a clinic that will prescribe it without redoing it the whole series of tests.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have had a blood test done showing a low egg reserve. It's the first time I hear about karyotyping test. I don't even know what it is...I have been told that clomid would be helpful in my case but it's trying to find a clinic that will prescribe it without redoing it the whole series of tests.
From what I know not all clinics do karyoptyping ( a test showing whether there are any aneuplodies (genetics issues) - one of the most common issues in mcs). What does your docs think about your low egg reserve and if it can be the reason why you cant get pregnant?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi CSF

Unfortunately at 46 years old, our cycles do get irregular in the way you are describing. I was considering a natural cycle frozen embryo transfer recently and monitored my cycle for several months to check feasibility of this. Whilst my periods were regular (26-28 days), I was not ovulating according to the OPK sticks so had to give up on the idea. Have you tested for ovulation?

Sadly, a low egg count is not the only issue we face in becoming pregnant as we get older. Irregular periods, and anovulatory cycles are also an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi CSF

Unfortunately at 46 years old, our cycles do get irregular in the way you are describing. I was considering a natural cycle frozen embryo transfer recently and monitored my cycle for several months to check feasibility of this. Whilst my periods were regular (26-28 days), I was not ovulating according to the OPK sticks so had to give up on the idea. Have you tested for ovulation?

Sadly, a low egg count is not the only issue we face in becoming pregnant as we get older. Irregular periods, and anovulatory cycles are also an issue.
Hi there, I have tested my cycle for 18 months and I do ovulate. I do not have irregular periods and I always have 26 day cycles - not a change there.The sticks and my basal temperature have all shown that there is not one problem there. I have decided to take a holistic approach: I have consulted someone who is qualified in herbal Chinese medicine and I also have found a "course" on how to make the right changes in terms of everyday habit and diet. Women suffering from repetitive miscarriages can suffer from undiagnosed celiac disease. I have decided to make the right changes to get all the right nutrients.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts