Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.. need some advice.. had a re-do vas rev on the 19th april.. i know we have a ten to twelve week wait for a sperm test but like everyone on this site, waiting is a horrible thing.. can anyone tell me how long they waited after having the oppo to 1- have sex again and 2- try to concieve.. also.. did anyone have success with dr thakur at the headland clinic?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Greig,

Glad to see you are recovering well. To answer your question, we waited the three weeks that was recommenced by Dr Dawson in Hartlepool before doing anything, then i used a clearblue digital ovulation monitor to track my cycle and identify the high fertility days and lo and behold i was extremely lucky to conceive the first month of trying! Ours was reversal number two so we had had a 'botch up' by someone else first.
My advice would be to get your lady to start keeping an eye on her cycle and identify which days she is likely to conceive, it all gets a bit mechanical but will be worth it in the end.

Good Luck!!

Kerri

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that.. i will get her to start monitoring her cycle.. mine was a re do reversal as well.. my 1st was a disaster.. hardly any motility and finally the oppo reversed itself.. so looking forward to this.. oh can i ask.. when your fella had the re do did they test his soldiers for motility and count etc? mine was and it was pretty good so i cant wait to start trying.. me and my girl have been thru the icsi operation which failed and ive had an ssr to make sure i was producing sperm.. this then gave me hope that a reversal could maybe work.. so now instead of having no confidence about this i just want to get on with trying... your story is fantastic and really is an inspiration to a great deal of couples.. thanks for your reply.. best regards and wishes.. greg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hiya Greg,

to be honest, at the time of the op there were only a few dead sperm to see, so we were a bit anxious that all would be ok, when we got the test done in the NHS hospital about 3-4 weeks later the count was 9million per ml with about 30% motility and no antibodies, very very soon after that i conceived. then about a month or so later the count had increased to about 33million per ml with the same motility. So if they saw a lot of sperm at your op, then sounds promising! sorry to hear you have been through so much, having to have two ops really sucks as we well know, but having icsi too must have been very stressful.

Very good luck and hope it all works out soon.
Kerri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts