Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am just wondering if anyone can help.

I had a missed miscarriage diagnosed at 8 week scan when i was convinced that we would see our twins (we had 2 embies transferred) so you can imagine our shock and distress. I had ERPC then on 26th May. We have struggled emotionally but everything seems OK physically and in order to help us get over losing our little miracle(s), not that we ever will completely we want to start TTC again asap. The clinic have said to leave next IVF/ICSI for 3 months and so we are hoping to TTC naturally in the meantime. I know its unlikely but it helps to feel we are making positive steps again.

The burning question is when will my cycle likely be back to normal (bleeding from ERPC has just finished) and when will I ovulate next??!! I am normally a 42 day cycle to even further complicate matters.
Advice appreciated xxx ^pray^

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi Lentil
so sorry to hear your news.....i've had 3 ERPC's after m/c so i understand the shock & frustration you are feeling. After the initial bleed from the op my periods got back to normal pretty much on schedule, i was a 28dayer.  My advice would be forget TTC & timing it with when you ovulate for this month, you'll drive yourself mad with pressure and the additional stress won't help you. your body needs a little time to recover and get back into sync and i guess your mind will need a rest too.
me.... i wanted to do the same as you, started using those pee on a stick kits, in hind sight i was 'punishing' myself, but i do know how you're feeling.
best wishes
em

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emalia,

Thanks for your reply. I am so sorry to hear you have been through this 3 times, it is devastating after all the excitement the once but three times must have been dreadful for you.  ^hugme^

We have been using pee sticks too and no show for ov yet - and now on day 31. Funny thing is i am waiting for AF now as on day 1 I can start dr and it means we are ready for next IVF!! I am feeling much more + ive now - even better if the old hag doesnt arrive and we have managed naturally - v v v doubtful though!  ^pray^

I didnt see your profile before reply - are you undergoing tx at all or ttc naturally?

Love
Lentil
xxx

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi Lentil
i'm so glad you're feeling better within yourself. You must be a strong cookie, i wasn't that strong!
i'm going to be having DE IVF at Eugin in BCN :). im 42 & with my m/c history & high FSH i've said to myself this is my final chance, Just waiting for the result of my last test and then theres a 6-8 week waiting list & then i begin. (but of course always TTC naturally)
take care, let me know how you cope with the dr, for me that was an anwful part of the IVF's x 2- i became the Hag from hell ! lol
x

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Em,

it has taken 4 weeks to get back to me being me (and DH not far behind). It has been tough to be honest but you know that  ^hugme^.

I have everything crossed for you for this next tx - you deserve this to be a good outcome so much after all you have been through.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Stay in touch and let me know how you get on. I am not really v good with some of the elements of FF but i have seen buddy list so I am going to add you!

Wishing you all the very best of luck and lots of babydust,

bye for now
L
xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts