Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter,

I have a question relating to natural conception with low sperm count. My dh has a count of 10 million, motility slightly below what it should be and following 3 negatives at ICSI, we became pregnant naturally and now have a 18 month old son. We are ttc another baby and we are getting a bit of conflicting advice regarding our chances of natural conception. One consultant says we should do ICSI again and another says that once a woman has conceived successfully, her chances of conceiving again are slightly better, thus trying for a while naturally. What do you think?

Thanks
suzie

·
Registered
856 Posts
suzie said:
Peter,

I have a question relating to natural conception with low sperm count. My dh has a count of 10 million, motility slightly below what it should be and following 3 negatives at ICSI, we became pregnant naturally and now have a 18 month old son.

Congratulations!!

We are ttc another baby and we are getting a bit of conflicting advice regarding our chances of natural conception. One consultant says we should do ICSI again and another says that once a woman has conceived successfully, her chances of conceiving again are slightly better, thus trying for a while naturally. What do you think?

You've done it once so you can do it again!! I would suggest a semen analysis just to check the current situation and if it is as good as or better than when you previously conceived then just go for it!!

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks
suzie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts