1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Peeps

I have recently been married and ttc my first child . ^babycrawl^
My periods are all over the place and it sometimes gets me abit down has i have not yet been able to concieve . ^mercy^ ^mercy^
My dh has a child who was from a pervious relationship of which we have full custody of and i think he finds it hard to feel the same way i do about not been able to concieve its not that i dont love my dh child has she too is part of my life and love her dearly  ^angel^ its that i find it hard because my dh already has a child of his own and i imagine he feel diffrent to i because he already has a child .
I just felt i needed to tell sum1 how i feel has i find it hard to talk to dh just incase he takes it wrong way.

Thanks for listening  ^afro^

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Wend - I just wanted to say welcome to ff :)

It must be hard taking care of your stepdaughter when you so badly want a child of your own.  All the very best of luck and I hope you have a baby of your own soon :)

Jennifer xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Wend
welcome to FF.  There are loads of people on here in a similar situation to you, so we do understand. 
I have three stepchildren, although much older and so they didn't live with us (one does now she's back from uni!) .  Don't assume that just because he already has a child your DH doesn't feel the pain of not having one with you.  I thought that.  Men often do find it hard to express their sadness over infertility anyway, and he probably just doesn't understand how much women can really ache to have their own child - but that's just the difference between us, and probably not to do with already being a dad. Often when there's already another child around there's a need to maintain 'normality' so they will tend to want to 'buck up' instead of admit how sad and difficult it is when you're ttc without success.  I bet he loves his daughter AND he would also love to have a baby with you. 

Somewhere on here there was a thread started for people who have step children - anyway rest assured there are lots of us and we are all here to support you.

take care and good luck with your journey ahead.

Claire x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Wend

My husband also has a 13 year old daughter who lilves with us.  As hubby works long hours,  basically I am her sole carer.  We have a wonderful relationship and I lover her very much - and she is desperate for a little brother or sister!  I understand what you mean when you say that your husband already has a child and is therefore you worry that he doesn't want a baby as  much as you do.  It took a lot of persuading from me to get my husband to have a vasectomy reversal so that we could try for a baby.  The reversal didn't work and so we are now about to start ICSI.  My husband thinks that I am a bit obsessed with the whole thing and can;t see what I am so bothered about.  However, I know that he would love a baby and is doing everything he can to make it happen.  I'm sure your husband feels the same. the thing about men is, that they just don't want the whole fertility thing to take over ever aspect of their lives.  don;t feel down, just take everthing one step at a time and stay positive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my gp cant tell weather or not i have pcos so he said i got to wait for appointment as i could have borderline pcos but only docs at hospital can tell .
Im also waiting for blood test result which i will know the result when i go to see doc at hospital.
My periods are all over the place and have been trying for a baby for nearly 2 years but had no joy. :(
Thanks for the advise everyone will take it into account :)

love
wend
xxxxxxxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.