Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I start my first IVF cycle in June.
Does anyone know whether it's still worth trying naturally that month (still hoping for a miracle  :-\).
Or will it ruin the IVF cycle?
Any comments appreciated!
Mariax

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I don't think it would ruin your IVF treatment (if you still needed it!) and I am sure I have read posts on this site about women who were discovered to be pregnant when they went for the baseline scans, stopped their treatmen and then went on to have healthy babies .  If you do a trawl through old posts, you will find them.  However, I personally decided I didn't want there to be any risk to a baby from the IVF d/r drugs (although I don't even know definitely if there would be a risk from them).  Hope this helps but I am sure other people will have advice to chip in too!

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Maria

I am a what-if'er and panicker so we have used condoms whilst down regging on both cycles just in case I did fall naturally as I wasn't sure if the down reg drugs would be harmful. This was not based on any medical advice though - just what I felt most comfortable doing. Mad really as it hasn't happened naturally in the last 5 years so don't know why I thought it would when I was down regging!!!

Good luck

Nicky x

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi Maria,

I did ttc naturally whilst d/r for IVF. I was told by my doctor that there was no risk to the baby from the d/r drugs.

Suzy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maria

I was told by my clinic that we needed to use condoms all the time starting from the time we rang to say i had my period and wanted to start a cycle and this was stressed to us quite heavily not sure if its because of the drugs or the instruments used during scanning etc but i would be very wary because we were told it could bring on m/c.

hope this helps

love

Sam

xx

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Hi Maria

I started my first IVF cycle last month and my dr said that there would be no harm in trying to conceive naturally whilst i was d/r.  In fact, he seemed to encourage it! :)

Well, i found out about 10 days ago that i am pregnant (6 weeks today) and, fingers crossed, everything seems to be going well so far.

My dr has given me some estrogen and progesterone supplements to take for a couple of weeks until the d/r drugs are completely out of my system, but other than that he said that there wont be any harm at all in getting pregnant during ivf tx.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Nutty xx

·
Registered
165 Posts
just proves that one clinic says one thing and another says something completely different.  You might be better ringing your own clinic for advice.

If they thought ttc during tx was an issue i'm sure they would have mentioned it like mine did.

good luck

Sam

xx

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everybody's advice - I'll mention it to the nurse - I see her around the time I'm due to ovulate anyway before i start d/r- I imagine they'd notice a pregnancy on the first couple of scans anyway...still haven't given up completely on TTC naturally  ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.