Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This may seem like a mad question but I can't get it out of my head.

Last Wednesday (28th May), I was boarding a tube train when the door closed on me - it hit my right buttock only (not my stomach).  It ached only for a little while with no bruising.  However, I'm a little worried that I may have caused my embies to come away from the womb wall.  I did have a scan about 4 -5 hours later (not related to the 'hit'!) and it showed everything as normal with no bleeding in the womb at all.  Surely it would have showed up by then? I should have mentioned it to the doc but it is only in the last few days I have been thinking about this.  I have had no cramping or bleeding.  I think I am okay, but I need a little reassurance.

Next time, I'll take it easy on the underground!  Think I go on automatic when I see a tube train in a station!  ^idiot^

Thanks,
Mini-me xxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hi Mini Me

I'm sure you've done no harm whatsoever.  Your embies are really well protected in there.

When I was pregnant the first time I went down a whole flight of stairs on my bum in the middle of the night with no harm done.

I completely understand your worry but there's nothing to worry about (as your scan showed).  ^hugme^

Love VIL
xxx

·
Registered
448 Posts
i think it's hard to knock them out of place. I was similarly concerned though when DH came up behind me and gave me a little knee in the bum a few days after ET. I don't know what he was thinking, it wasn't like him at all!!

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I am sure that you won't have done any harm at all, your embies will be well and truely protected in there.

All the best

x x x x

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi girls,

Many thanks for your replies from this ol' worrier here!

I actually had to phone my local EPU as I had another red bleed last night (1st one 10 days ago, well before the bash) and the nurse said they are well and truly protected in there and I would have to have quite serious trauma to my pelvis to do any harm.  As it was my ass, I'm sure they were quite well protected from it!  ;D

I was also told not to worry too much about the bleed as it's happened before, but I was to go back if it continues or gets worse.  As it's virtually stopped, I suppose it's just another one of those things.  However, I know twin 2 is struggling and I can't help wondering if it's that.  I suppose I'll just have to wait and see - had 2 scans already so I don't want to overdo that.  Thankfully my gp has signed me off work to rest and take it easy.  :)

Thanks again.
Mini-me xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Mini-Me

Sorry you are having to go through this bleeding  ^hugme^

Good news that you have been signed off work, so rest up and take it easy.

x x x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts