Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Just wondered if anyone has had both tubes removed

If so was it done via a laparoscopy or a laparotomy

How long was the recovery

Any help appreciated

(its not for me its for a friend, but i know any help she would appreciate it)

Thanks

Emilyxx

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hi
  i had a  ectopic this yr due to blocked tubes when they remove the tube they tried to remove the other 1 but it was stuck so had the last 1 clipped right ill get to the point mine was done thro mini laparotomy yr usally in hospital about 5 to 7 days but you musnt go to work for a while well they will tell you that anyway the scare is usally bout 6 to 7 inches long thats laparotomy way but laparoscophy way little scar in belly button little one above pubic line so i hope this has helped you a little
           love nikki

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi girls,

After seeing my consultsnt yesterday, and abandoning our third cycle due to the fact that my tubes are so badly damaged, i am having them both removed in about six weeks time.
It would be great to hear from anyone in simular situation or already had them removed. as i dont really know what to expect.
I would like to know how long i am likely to stay in Hospital, and how long i have to take off from work.
I work in an office sitting down all day. So i dont see why i have to stay off for longer than required.

Will be great to hear from you all.

Love Debz xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi
i've had both tubes removed due to 2 ectopics, both were emergency operations where they cut just below bikini line and were quite long recovery periods.

Lisa

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanx Lisa,

I have been told to be prepared to stay in Hospital for up to 7 days! And if i feel well enough i can maybe go home before this.

I need to know what the recovery time is for returning to work etc........

Obviously my employer would like to know how long approx i am going to need off sick.

I have not been able to discuss this with the Hospital as i have only been referred as yet, but i do know my tubes are to be removed in about six weeks.

Be grateful for info......

Cheers and lots of luv
Debz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Emily,

I'm new to this board, so I'm not quite sure of the layouts, but I just wanted to let you know that I had an operation to have both my tubes removed. They also found a cyst on my left ovary.

This was done via laparotomy and I have a scar about 5 inches long just above the hairline.  I was in hospital 5 nights, but luckily I have private medical insurance so it wasn't too much of a hardship. :)

I have been signed off for 4 further weeks, and to be honest I don't see any reason why I should not return to work after this time.

The operation was quite serious - more difficult than the laparoscopy I had to diagnose it - and I was very sick from the morphine, but after than initial period, I have recovered really well, although I do get tired very easily.

I really hope it all goes well for your friend - and for you.

Best of Luck,

Love

Ros - xx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd let you know that in January this year I had my right tube removed and my left tube "re-opened" due to Hydrosalpinx on both sides during INF cycles.

I had mine done by laparoscopy.  The surgeon made a small hole on the side of my stomach (just above the area of the ovaries) and obviously I had my belly button cut.  I was in hospital overnight but was allowed to go home the day after but was signed off work for a week.

Hope it all go's well for you,

Good luck

Andrea xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had my right tube removed and my left tube "re-opened" due to Hydrosalpinx on both sides during INF cycles.
What's INF?

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for ur replies

I have passed them onto her

Her op is just less than a month away now

I am going to see her with my wee bump or hoping it to be a bump then should i say lol

Loads of love

^reiki^ ^reiki^ to everyone

Emilyxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
INF is IVF!!!  Typing has never been my strong point!!!

Andrea.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi
I had both my tubes removed due to hydro. It was done by laparoscopy and i was a day patient. I had the op done in the morning, small cut to the side of tummy, small one in the belly button and one just about centre, just aove the hairline. I paid to have mine done, so didnt want to stay in overnight, as it would have been more expense!!
I was off work for the rest of the week, and returned the following week, taking things easy. I was in a little pain after, but was given voltorol pain killers...great stuff.
Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi girlies.

I had my tubes removed yesterday, consultant said that I had a lot of adhesions (scar tissue) especially on the right side which I think are a result of having my appendix out, I also had endometriosis which was a total surprise!

My chances now of having successful IVF treatment are increased by 30% and are the same as for a lady with healthy tubes so I am glad to have got rid of them. I have been 'unexplained infertility' for so long so it's kind of a relief to understand what the problem was and I now feel really positive for the future.

As for the op, I found it absolutely fine, even came home last night! Have had a look at my wounds and they are tiny, tummy is a little tender but other than that i'm up and about and dressed!
Love to all, have a nice weekend,
Bec xxx

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Bec

Just wanted to say  ^bow^ well done to you, you sound like you are taking it all in your stride.....i never even made it out of bed the day after my Lap, and here you are at the pooter after your op!

Glad to hear you are not in too much pain. Oooh you lucky thing did they send you home with Co-codamol? They did after mine they're the fabbest pain killers  ^roflmao^!! And here's hoping your op has done the trick and your next tx will be the one. Good for you hun.  ^hugme^

Love
Grumps
xx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey Grumps,

Thx hun! Can't believe how well I feel to be honest, only on the old Para's too! Have a wireless lappie so lay on the sofa at the mo reading all the posts  ;D, have joined the June thread as think that'll be when I have FET (all being well).

Just wanted to post re my op in case anybody else out there is havin' it done and feels nervous about it!

Good luck to you too hun,
Bec xxx

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi Bec

I am having my op hopefully in May, just waiting to hear, I am having to have a full incision due to lots of adhesions from 5 major surgeries so I think I will be longer in hospital. I really hope June brings you your BFP.

love Jaybxx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi there

I to had both my tubes removed 2 weeks ago, and they also found endo, felt a bit crushed at the time as was only expecting one tube removal, but if they were no good it was pointless keeping them.  I knew I had PCOS as that was diagnosed 3 years ago, they lasered some of the endo away, now waiting to move onto frozen embryo transfer as we got 9 from first go at IVF last year, that ended unsucessfully, but at least we have the frozen ones to move onto.

Chris

·
Registered
254 Posts
Jayb, thanks for your message and best of luck with your op, hope that it goes well for you and you can then look to the future  :)

Chris, I was really gutted when they first talked about removing my tubes  :( it's still sad but then like you say no good keeping them if they're useless and especially if they're hindering the IVF process. Good riddance I say  ;D When are you looking to have your FET?

Bec xxx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Bec

They gave me an injection when I was in hospital to start down regging and I have another one in two weeks so hopefully in the next 2 months I will of had a transfer, I was quite ill after egg collection and DH said that really I wasn't fit to have the transfer as I was borderline OHSS, so hopefully this time without the need for an egg collection things will go to plan.

How about you, when do you start treatment?

Chris

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hiya Chris,

Need to have two periods and then having a 'natural' cycle, so by my guess would be around mid June when I have the FET.

Will look out on the boards for you as we may be around the same time, here's hopin' that this time will be our time  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 9 is a good number of frosties to have, we have 2 so not sure really that we'll be lucky enough to get to transfer, but we'll see.

Best of luck to you and your DH,

Bec xxx

·
Registered
630 Posts
All the best to you and your DH when your treatment comes around Bec

Chris F

1 - 20 of 25 Posts