Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of them/have any experience of whether they are reputable?  I was messing around on the net the other day and sent Josh's photo to them, and they've asked him to come for an interview.  I'm wondering if they ask EVERYONE for an interview (in which case I won't bother) or if they're a bit more selective that than, and it's worth pursuing.  I'm thinking that even if he was taken onto their books, that trying to get to castings with three littlies might be a bit difficult....

xx Clare

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Clare

I sent a photo of Joe ot one online and got an invite for an interview. Had to pay some money too. Cant remember what the name was although sounds familiar. We never did anything with it so cant tell you anymore sorry.
I still have the letter somewhere i'll see if i can dig it out later.

Kimx x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi, Ya I used to work with them.

I worked for a retailer and we used them for photo shoots.
I am confused though cause they are up North and you are Oxford ?? What I knew about them was good ! we did want models to come in quick if needed though sometimes we rang them in the morning for a afternoon session so the parents had to be reliable or we would not use the model again....

My DD joined another agency when she was 6 months for a 2 year contract but has never had work  :'(
Think they took my money and ran !!! I paid £100 and about £30 for photos.

Good luck anyway  :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Now I have a little more time...

My nephew is with Urban Angels which is one of the top london childrens agencies - they charge about £40 a year, but they are very selective, if your child has blond hair and blue eyes similar to a child they already have they won't take them on. They open their books at different times of the year for different ages, their website will tell you what to do to apply.

DD is with BizzyKids, again they have different things you need to do, to apply, but their costs are less it was a one off fee of about £150 until she is 17. You do need to keep them up to date with certain details and things like a gp's letter saying they are fit to work, lasts about six months [my gp charges £13 for one of these] they are happy to take normal snap shots and will use shots from any work they get. She hasn't had any work from them yet, but I have to admit that is partially my fault, her pics are not up to date as she had problems for quite a few months with a rash all around her mouth, but I also I think she has come on a lot too. They do offer a photo service with a photographer they recommend and you get a discount with them.

I do think you will get more work depending on how easy it is for you to get to London. But even with Urban angels sometimes the work comes at very short notice. Which isn't great if you both work.

Toni

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Toni, that's really useful :)
I don't get a good feeling about Tuesday's Child, and tbh I think I'll shelve the whole idea.  Maybe I'll send him up chimneys instead... ;)

xx Clare

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hey just stumbled across this this topic. im interested in sending my daughter off what do i have to do ?

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Clare

Found the letter and yes it is Tuesdays child and they wanted £122 fee and would refund it if they didnt take him on.
As i said we didnt bother.

Kimx  x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts