Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 455 Posts
Hello everyone!!

You've all been chatting masses so will do what I can!

Baby clothes, I have only just bought my very first set of 2 boots early baby jumpsuit things to (hopefully) bring them home in. They go from 5lb to 7.5lb. Apart from that I haven't had to buy anything at all clothes wise as have been given masses from friends and sister!

My nephew was just 4lb15 @ 38weeks so we bought alot of tiny/early baby stuff for him, so I have a good range of clothes from under 5lb up to about 9-12months!

We really started buying the big nursery items from about 20 weeks, although we said we'd wait until 24! We've not got one room set up exactly as a nursery as we still have our spare double bed in there, so will leave that up until we move the babies into their own room in case i or DH need somewhere else to sleep as time goes on.

Lasha, sorry, no experience of mothercare bath on a stand, sounds complicated though.... Must be good to have a date, only 11 days to go! exciting!

donna, only just over a week to go until you become a mummy! How exciting to finally have a date.

Rebecca, not sure the fretting stops the whole way through, even when you can feel them move, as they have quiet days and so I find myself fretting all over again!

Emma, sound like it could be SPD hon. Get yourself referred to physio, it does help, a bit anyway.

Eggs, I've packed my hospital bag now too! and the one for the babies! It makes it seems really real now!

I've had a fabulous time this weekend. The pampering was superb and I feel semi human again! I even treated myself to a glass of wine on Friday (first one so far!). I wont have another though until they arrive, it was just that we had a complimentary bottle on first night and was not going to let DH drink all of it himself ^drink^

I now have a busy week, anti-d jab, glucose test, 28 week scan and BP check! All on diffewrent days, need a frequent flyer pass for the hospital I think!. All of those were booked at about 16 weeks when it seemd like ages away, now its here, how scary is that!

Sal

Well i had my scan this morning 24+4 and the babies are now weighing 1lb12oz and 1lb10oz so doing really well. She says there is still plenty of room in there :eek: :eek: well i can't feel it thats for sure its sold as a rock! They are both still head down (cephaltic) T2 so far down they can't even measure his head anymore although did get to check his face this time so no abnormalities there as we couldn't see it last time. She even put the electric bed right down so i was almost doing a handstand to get them to slide down a bit but still could not get at T2s head. No wonder its so heavy down there ;). Next scan 4 weeks today! :) Also my MW phoned me and booked me in for my GTT (diabetes test) on 10th June so thats cool.

Hayley - heres the link you wanted...... http://www.twins-store.co.uk/WebRoot/luk/Shops/twins-store_002E_co_002E_uk/456C/A9B2/0AED/2ECC/EE7F/D44E/D1C5/A90A/Baby_0020_Essentials_0020_-_0020_Twins_0020_Starter.pdf

Regarding clothes i have been buying mostly early baby stuff which is up to 7lbs (so from about 5lbs i think) as i figured if they are much less than 5lbs they don't normally let them home yet do they? and if they come super early and are tiny then they will defo be in til they reach a good size. I have seen some nice kits in mothercare £20 each got a couple of outfits in for up to 5lb but reluctant to spend £40 until i know if they will ever wear them. I can always get DH or my mum to nip into mothercare and grab them for me if needed. BTW on mothercare online alot of those outfits are buy one get one half price if anyone didn't know ;)

emma/Maria - i was SO decrepid from about 14-20 weeks like a total old biddie (remember you laughing emma ^bigbad^) but then i started to bloom a little and although i am still technically a bit decrepid its more that my size restricts me rather than me being in pain like i was then. I was sure i had SPD coming but now i am ok so you may find it will pass. Fingers crossed for you both.

regarding shopping all mine is done now i even have nipple shields and everything ha ha but i am not good at walking too far now so i am glad its done. Course you can do most of it online anyway so its not a big issue if you leave it til you are bigger.

Lasha - can't help with the bath hun is it not one of them you use over your big bath? I just bought a bath chair thingy for using in our bath.

wendy
- as the others have said am suprised you don't have a nuchal scan between 11-13.5 weeks? maybe ask your midwife. At 15 weeks you can probably tell the sex it just depends how accomodating your scanner is to check - if not its waiting until 20 weeks ^bigbad^ glad to see its all still going well ^hugme^

Hi everyone i have missed but DH home so need to start seeing what old mother hubbards got in her cuboards! ;)

I have been adviced by a mother of preemies, not to buy preemie clothes as they outgrow them too  quick so I've got mostly newborn or 1 month stuff.

My DH is going to IKEA to get a wardrobe next week.  I also need to wash everything I've got for them and make my hospital bag.

and I hope they are born when the house is clean because now is just a big mess...  :-\

^wave^

Did you miss me? :p

xx

god you can almost see the tumbleweeds blowing its so deserted on here this evening.  What happened did everyone go and get a life?  :( i just gave in to temptation and ate my first chocolate eclair for almost 2 weeks - it was divine.  I do share it with the dog (no chocolate for him though just chou bun and cream and i think he had been missing them  ;))

eggs and sparkles - evening guys  ;D ;D

It has been quiet in here all day LOL
How are you both??

Im fine thanks ^hugme^ How are you?

Eggs, i cant believe its nearly 9 already - where has the evening gone? After i spoke to you my friend popped over for a cuppa and stayed until 6! :eek: Erm, didnt get much work done :-[

Sparkles - I am good ta, Have finally had to take my belly button ring out tonight as skin was getting to tight around it  ;D ;D ;D Took some courage I can tell ya cos its not been touched since it was put in 6 years ago  :eek: (sich a wimp I am I tell ya  ;) )

t'will be nout compared to labour hun - thats what i keep thinking! Everytime i go to say 'ouch, that hurts' i have to rethink and say 'ouch, thats uncomfortable' cos it aint gonna be nout compared to labour ^scared^ ;D

sparkles - i know! I am staying online tonight as bidding on ebay ;) you are naughty gossiping all day and not working ^bigbad^ ;D ;D

Sarah - my belly button, well the area around it the skin is very thin looking, i think its going translucent i may have a window there soon ;D ;D i have a tatoo on my belly and its twice the size now :eek:

Eggs has a circle around her belly button where it has grown so much ::) mine has a bit of a circle around it but its not poking out or looking flat or anything - YET......

I can imagine a belly ring would hurt loads if stretched. eeeeek!

mine is totally flat  ;D ;D i don't think it can pop out i think its just been ironed flat  ;D

my boobies are super veiny lately they have never looked like that before  :eek:

my boobies are too - as is my chest. Have been since before i was 12 weeks. I really notice it when i wear low tops so ive tried to get a bit of a tan to cover them up a bit as i dont want foolk thinking im a freak ^zombie^ ;D

also  ^tmi^ my nips have got bigger/rounder  :eek: i read in my book its so baby can see where its aiming as they don't see too good when young....i always wondered why that happens when you get pregnant - DH says they are flying saucers  ;D

ark at you in your low cut tops  ;) ;D ;D

:p My nips are huge anyway ::) ;D But yes, they have got even bigger. Babies wont have to look far for mine ;D

Having tea now - salmon en croute with mash and veg and a schweppes lemonade. Hmmmmmm :p

Laters xx

Ewww guys my (.)(.)s have hardley changed yet, as for my belly button thats gone flat !!!

Eggs - you transparent skin brings a whole new meaning to the term window to the womb  ;D ;D

mine haven't particularly grown sarah just gone veiny the last few weeks and the ol nips got bigger slowly - you wait and see it will come  ;)

mine have filled out a little bit, but when you are so flat you notice the slightest bit of growth lol
Veins are definately there but looks like I got the pleasure of growing nipples to come  ;D ;D ;D

21 - 40 of 455 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.