Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 455 Posts
My latest picture of my bump guys !! Taken at 15+3 weeks !!

Attachments

Hia everyone
Not sure if you remember me or not i introduced myself ages ago but have been lurking daily!!!  I am waiting for my 12 week scan next wed and getting really nervous about it.  We also have to decide whether to have a nuchal scan - obviously not available on NHS!!  and were in a quandry - if one twin comes out at high risk are you pushed into further investigations?? Cause i know for sure we want em both whatever so not sure if we should plunge for it or not???
What are your views ladies??
Thank you ^hugme^
xxxx

Morning  :)

Bruders-We had a nuchal done in Harley st privately with bloods (bloods and scan are more accurate than just the scan)  ;) so glad we had it done although i was crying and shaking throughout it thinking something was wrong  ;) we decided that if there was something wrong with both or one twin we would still love them no matter what  :-* good luck honey  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Sparkles  ;D ;D ;D my chest and boobs have been veiny since the 2ww  :eek: :eek: nipples been really sore for just over 2wks and nipps are browny reddy colour and boobs looking like udders sitting on the top of my bump ;D ;D ;D i wish you would come on during the day twas very quiet without you and Eggy  :-*

Egg-Blimey your boys are good weights already  :eek: :eek: :eek: can just picture you and your dog crouched down on the floor sharing cream cakes  ::) ;D ;D ;D my belly button is getting wider so easier to keep clean  ;D ;D ;D thanks for the twin list btw ^jumpin^

Sarah-Your bump is coming along  ;) i have never had a belly ring too chicken  :-\

Barbie good luck with the cleaning of the house  :-*

Sal-Glad you enjoying your pampering  :-* good luck for your busy week this week  :-*

Lasha-Well done for getting so far  ;)

Well im on anti b's my gp dipped my urine friday and there was some protein but when the lab checked the urine there was no infection  :mad: i have felt really uncomfortable with a cystitious feeling all weekend so my ivf cons told me to demand anti b's as they will do me know harm and clear up anything that may have been un detected  ^eyes^ i was so paranoid as i know uti's left untreated can lead to prem labour  :-\

Morning

Bruders - We decided against the nuchal as if the was something wrong with one or both of the twins we wouldn't have gone on to have the further tests to risk m/c. The nuchal after all only gives you a percentage chance whether something is wrong, for example our consultant explained that I it came back at 1:2000 which is very good, one or both baby could still have something wrong !! But that was just our decision, I would get counselling before you decide whether to have or not, don't decide based on what is said on FF. Hope this is helpful.

Emmet - morning hun, how are you?

emmet - i have three times had protien found at the dip test then on going ot the lab comes back normal for twin pregnancy. They also tested for thrush due to my discharge but that was also normal for twin pregnancy. Thrush i suspected i could have as i do sometimes get that but i don't think i have ever had a UTI so that would have suprised me.

Bruders - if you don't care about the results of the scan is it worth knowing? i guess it helps you prepare but with my DD i never had the tests done, i bled early on in the pregnancy and it freaked me out so i didn't care. Course i was only 24 then so knew my base risk was low which i guess helps (sorry dunno how old you are should of looked first). You can still have the more exploratory tests done with just one twin (FMC or Kings do them) and like emmet said a private nuchal with bloods is more accurate - actually there is a lady who posts on the twin thread sometimes (I've forgotten her name) and she has a high risk for one twin ^hugme^

Sarah - hey you got a real bump there now ;)

Sarah fine thanks  :-* you  ???

Egg- did you ever feel like you had a cystitous feeling  ??? i was peeing and hardly anything there then i would get a tingly feeling or burning  ^idiot^ its so hard to know whats what  ::) i dont care about myself just worried for my babies iykwim  ;)

Emmet - I would take a urine sample into your GP surgery just incase you got a UTI :-* :-\

As for me I am feeling ok, got usual paranoias this morning as bump always shrinks over night, but these will dissappear over the course of the day ^idiot^ :)

Sarah you dimwit go back and look at my post  ::) ;D ;D ;D i went to the gp friday and am now on anti b's  ::)

oh no i never felt like that i always pee normally (well sometimes i feel like i want to go then it takes a minute but i think its just coz they are laying right on my bladder i always feel like i want to go but i do also always go too), also at my last MW she tested and said it was fine so i wonder if its something i eat sometimes makes it go a little higher on the dip test than others :-\ sounds like you prob do have it though so worth taking something ^hugme^

I just sneezed and my sneezes terrify the poor dog he has ran off to hide bless him ;D

sarah - mine shrinks overnight! when i wake in the morning is the only time all day its actually comfy and manageable and i can lay on my back proper and everything then it blows up over the course of the day and by evening its mega uncomfy - don't worry about it hun its perfectly normal ^hugme^

Emmet - rofl  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ get some cranberry juice in and drink it inbetween water, it works wonders with the burning sensation, I have always suffered cystitis as i have a duplex kidney !!

morning ladies.

really tired today :( feel off :( my tummy feels heavy and my pubic bone hurts on moving but its more of a burn feeling.i feel so drained today :( i feel tired :(

emma74-horrible anti bs a.i had them amonth or so ago because of protien in me water.

sarah-nice little bump youve got there :-* :)

eggs-more buying  ;D ^bigbad^did you get anything off ebay??

brunder-i thought the 12wk scan is your nuchal ^idiot^ you get it free on nhs when expecting twins

sparkleq-hows it going?? :-*

hello to anyone else  ^wave^

Eggs - yeh I know its normal, just makes me paranoid in a morning thats all  ::) I think i will always have something making me paranoid lol

Wishing - aww hun sorry you are struggling, no doubt I got all this to look forward to  ::)

;D ;D ;D i have been drinking cranberry everyday for the last two weeks as well as the water ( i really like cranberry now)  :p

Hayley you have SPD by the sounds of it honey, burning is exactly how my friend who was pg with twin boys described it to me get it checked out  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ i think she went to classes where they show you how to get out of bed correctly etc  ;) what Anti b's were you on  ??? how did you know you had UTI  ??? and yes i have been getting palpatations since i was 9wks  ::) had them twice last night when i was laying down  :-\

Eggs -Thanks honey  :-* i hate sneezing when pg keep thinking the babies are going to shoot out so try and cross my legs  :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ^idiot^ ^idiot^ poor dog  :-*

Emma - My swabs/wee came back clear thanks hun, I still get the pressure feeling now and again but it soon goes so I think it must be how they are lying sometimes or something. We've got our anomaly scan on Thursday so will ask them to check length of cervix for reassurance but I think it's all normal tbh. I also feel like I'm bursting for a wee sometimes and hardly anything comes out  :-[  but don't get any burning etc so not too worried. I think you're doing the right thing by taking anti b's just incase, especially if it can't do you and bubs any harm  ^hugme^  I'm counting the days down to 24 weeks!!  ;D

Sarah - My bump always looks and feels teeny in the morning but by bedtime so big and tight  ^hugme^

Hayley - My heart races quite often and I fainted at the babyshow on Sunday, first time this pregnancy! Used to happen loads when pregnant with ds. My metabolism is super fast too, can't sleep and always feel like I need to be doing something.

Brunders - Our nuchal was free, think it is for everyone having twins hun.

Maria x

Maria-not long till 24 wks for you lucky mare  ::) :p ;D oh thanks for that honey  :-* I may have to get a cervical scan done privately as stupid con as rubbish hosp said they dont do them (know she is lying thats why moving hospitals)  :mad: ;D

Hi Girls
Thanks for all your comments - its great to hear all the different opinions even tho we know the decision is ours!  I asked loads of times and was told if we wanted a nuchal we would have to go private and pay 185 quid!!!!!!!!!  Which is steep to say the least!
My bump is developing nicely now already in elastic jeans as sittin at a desk all day was hurtin in my normal ones!  (0)(0) stopped hurting now but growing at a rapid rate!!  Did your symptoms change from early pregnancy to 12 weeks ish?? 
Thanks again all
xxxx ^hugme^

No not meant to have one, my m/w said only if i had laser work on my cervix for pre cancerous cells or had a prem birth before  ::)

Bruders-Where do you live  ??? we went to see Dr gibb in Harley st and paid £250 for our nuchal including bio chemistry  :eek: :eek: :eek: so the price you got wasnt too bad  ;) yes my sysmptoms changed i think from 13wks i got my appetite back although still sick in the mornings, from 15wks my boobs have always been sore but my nipples started to get sore too  ::)

Brunders - I hardly had any symptoms during the first 11 weeks apart from bad nausea if I let myself get hungry !! :) Since about 12/13 weeks my appetite has come back big style, my (.)(.) have never been sore really since 6 weeks but have started growing since about 12 weeks. I tooo had to get expanding jeans at 11 weeks as it was so uncomfortable to sit in my ordinary ones ;D

wishing - I think they only do cervical scans if you have had fluid leakage or like emmet says lasar work or PROM in the past ???

41 - 60 of 455 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.