Twin Bumps Chat - Part 23!

23K views 454 replies 31 participants last post by  Ajax 
#1 ·
New home twin bumpers  :)

Happy chatting  ;)

Rachel xxxxx

#2 ·
Hi everyone

Iv not been on for a while wanted to get the 12 wk over with been a nervous wreck! im 12 + 4 today !can anyone tell me how many weeks till i can find out what they are ??

Iv got a scan 2nd june seems like a lifetime away i'll be almost 15 weeks by then and had last one at 9 weeks seems weird to me .

Hi Eggs nice to see your still around thought you were further gone than you are so wasnt sure if you would still be on :)

Hi everyone else :)

#3 ·
Hello

just posting so I can keep track of the thread this time!!

Congratulations Wendysworld  ^clapping^ - hope you can find some calm now - yes it does seem like ages between scans doesn't it?

love CS x  :)

#4 ·
Watcha

Egg - I got some lovely babygrows from Next. They do 'little baby' size which is for babies up to 5lb.

Lasha - Well done on getting so far, you must be huuuuugeeeee! I was saying yesterday i don't know how women carry twins to term I feel so heavy now and i don't think I'm that big for a twin Mum to be.

Emmett - I get that inner upper legs by the groin pain and have had it from quite early on. I think it's just ligaments moving around making everything a bit unstable. My midwife said it's normal, if it gets worse it's that pelvic thingy (can't remember the name) that pg women get. DH says I look like I've pooed myself when I get up sometimes ^bigbad^

Wendy - Did you have a nuchal scan?

Hello everyone else

Donna
xxx

#5 ·
morning ladies :)

i feel knackered today :( got work soon,wish i could stay at home.my heads all fuzzy :(

sat here watching tv last night and thought i could feel movement higher up and put my hand on my tummy next to me belly button area.and i felt kicks/hits on the outside for the first time :) so i got dhs hand and after awhile there was little kicks then a big one and dh felt them :) :'( :) i even felt it through dhs hand :)

are you ladies getting small stuff then??for upto 5lb???ive only bought nb stuff.should we buy smaler aswell then???bought the sterilizer yesturday :eek: i keep saying to dh its too soon to get most stuff .what things do we need to get at this stage???i havnt a clue.i havnt looked after a nb before :-\ can anyone give me a list of things we need to get???i want to bf but want to express aswell so dh can feed now and again,what size bottles at first???we are getting tommy tippee stuff.oh its so confusing ^idiot^

hayley

#6 ·
Morning

Doona thanks honey  :-* SPD your probably talking about  ::) ;D yes its not the bad atm tbh comes on mid afternoon if i have been walking about abit  :-* whats that website again with the twins list  ???

Hayley-There is so much stuff to get isnt there  :eek: :eek: try getting the mothercare cataloge as there is a what to get list at the back, so i guess we just need to double it  ???

Wendy-I had a sexing scan (private) at 16+5  ;) i couldnt wait to find out  :-*

#7 ·
Morning twin bumpers!  :)

Emma - I've got constant pelvic/ligament pain, takes me ages to get up off the sofa, I look and feel like an old cripple!  ;D  It hurts when I walk too much and when I sit too long, so can't win  ::) What's so puzzling is that it can't be weight as I've only put on 2lbs!  :-\  Can't sleep either  :mad:

Hayley - Babies R Us catalogue also has a list of essentials in the back, I tick them off when we've bought something. My mums bought loads of clothes from newborn to 1year, if they arrive really early then I guess we could buy a few smaller than newborn things, hopefully they won't tho hun  ^pray^  I'm hoping to express feed too but can't decide on what pump to get?? You're right it is all confusing.

Wendy - Congrats on your 12wk milestone hun, we also had a private sexing scan at 16+5  :)  You should also get a 12wk scan.

Hello to everyone else  :-*

Did anyone go to the babyshow in Birmingham yesterday? There were some great bargains! And lots of gorgeous twin bubbas!  :)  We bought the Icandy pear, carrycots and car seats for £700, £150 cheaper than all local quotes. Also we've bought all the nursery furniture, so can't wait to move house and set the nursery up now, I'm sooooooo excited!!

Maria x

#8 ·
Blimey Maria you dont mess about  :eek: :eek: ;D ;D we like the icandy pear too  ::) its quite light isnt it  :-* what nursery furniture did you get  ???

my groin only hurts when i walk, its not to bad tbh only like i have pulled something and only in one leg  ???

#9 ·
Forgot to say did you get your results back that time you had swabs etc taken  ??? i only ask as my gp detected protein in my urine friday as i new i felt weird downstairs  :mad: so she sent another sample off to a lab so should hear back by weds  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

#10 ·
Afternoon ladies

Emmet - When are gonna start buying big items like nursery furniture and stuff, my DH wants to wait cos of our history?? Poor you with groin pain, I get it when I am on my feet for long periods of time so bet it will get worse when I go back to work on Friday !!

Wendy - Has you hospital not offered you a nuchal / dating scan between 11 and 14 weeks?? Its unusual if they haven't with it being twins??

Maria - check you out being organised with things :) wished we could say the same, DH won't let us buy anything until I am 24 weeks !!

Hayley - I am gonna get the under 5lb clothing (aswell as newborn) as I was on 5lb 12oz when I was born and DH was a small baby, so have a feeling my twins will be in the small side.

Donna - Hiya hun how you coping with things? You are doing really well!!

coughsweel - hiya hun, how are you doing today?

Well I am making the most of my last few days of work, I am back on Friday and have heard it is busy !!!
Enjoy your day everyone.
Sarah x x

#11 ·
Sarah we are going to wait until i have passed 24wks  ::) then get the nursery decorated then buy the furniture and pram etc  ;)

#12 ·
Emmet - Oh good, I thought we was being over cautious have seen so many people buying big things early on, one girl I came across bought her cot before she was 8 weeks and poor girl ended up m/c'ing and having to get rid off it. Would hate to be in that situation wouldn't you?

#13 ·
Yes i wouldnt like getting big stuff yet  ::) plus need to sort the nursery out  :-[ I have bought lots of clothes etc though  ;) ;D

#14 ·
oh yes emmet, I do keep sneaking baby wipes and clothes into the house  ;D ;D ^bigbad^ ;D ;D

#15 ·
Its great isnt it  ::) i have been told to stop as i have over 2 drawers full and no more room to put them  :-\

#16 ·
;D ;D ;D  he dont know what i have bought to tell me to stop  ;)

#17 ·
Hello twin bumpers

Supposed to be working in my office today but it's reveiws time and putting off paying my minions any more money  ;)

Anyway just wanted to join in with all the small baby talk, my twins were 37 weeks and 6lb 5oz and 5lb 2oz and we dressed them in the mamas and papas petite baby clothes which are gorgeous.  My first DD was born at 40+1 and weighed 7lbs 11oz and she wore the petite baby stuff as she was long and skinny.  I also have a few boy / girl new baby outfits if anyone is interested - can sort them out before i move house on friday.

Sarah30 - just noticed on your ticker that you were treated at NURTURE too, thats where i had my treatment when i got my twins.  I love NURTURE so much, i mentioned to the lady who did my accupuncture that i thought James H (what is his surname) was quite scrummy just as she mentioned that she was really good friends with him and his wife - i could have died.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies  :)

Amanda x

#18 ·
Amanda - I know what you mean about Mr H, he does have a certain something  ;D at your accupuncturist knwing him  ;D I have to say Mr fenning also has a certain something abouth him  ;) I do love that clinic, they have done so well by me, I have a board that I started in the notinghamshire section where a few of us nurture girls are posting, you should come and join us !! Glad to see you have healthy twins from nurture well done you, hoping I get through this time  :)

Sarah x

#19 ·
Ohhhhhh Amanda i wouldnt mind some petite baby clothes  ::) PM me and let me know what you have and i will pay you via paypal or cheque  :-* i seem to be buying 1mth clothes and 7lbs so they can grow into them  ::)

#20 ·
Hi all,
Well, I left my shopping till about 30wks... it just seemed like the right thing to do. Anyway, it doesn't take much time to shop for babies, you can do it all in a week! The smallest size of clothes I bought was newborn cos I was advised they'd outgrow it within a wink. Luckily at my last scan (36wks), they were abt 5lbs 4ounces so, I think I'm safe there.

I hope everyone's well... Surprisingly, I'm still able to walk - at 36+3days and I still have another 2wks to go, so I better shape up!

Meanwhile, has anyone ever used the mothercare folding bath stand with the bath? How did you dispose of the water if you wanted to during the bath?  :-\ Don't I need a hose or something???
I'd be grateful for your inputs on that.

Have a lovely evening gurls!

Lasha

#21 ·
Hello everyone!!

You've all been chatting masses so will do what I can!

Baby clothes, I have only just bought my very first set of 2 boots early baby jumpsuit things to (hopefully) bring them home in. They go from 5lb to 7.5lb. Apart from that I haven't had to buy anything at all clothes wise as have been given masses from friends and sister!

My nephew was just 4lb15 @ 38weeks so we bought alot of tiny/early baby stuff for him, so I have a good range of clothes from under 5lb up to about 9-12months!

We really started buying the big nursery items from about 20 weeks, although we said we'd wait until 24! We've not got one room set up exactly as a nursery as we still have our spare double bed in there, so will leave that up until we move the babies into their own room in case i or DH need somewhere else to sleep as time goes on.

Lasha, sorry, no experience of mothercare bath on a stand, sounds complicated though.... Must be good to have a date, only 11 days to go! exciting!

donna, only just over a week to go until you become a mummy! How exciting to finally have a date.

Rebecca, not sure the fretting stops the whole way through, even when you can feel them move, as they have quiet days and so I find myself fretting all over again!

Emma, sound like it could be SPD hon. Get yourself referred to physio, it does help, a bit anyway.

Eggs, I've packed my hospital bag now too! and the one for the babies! It makes it seems really real now!

I've had a fabulous time this weekend. The pampering was superb and I feel semi human again! I even treated myself to a glass of wine on Friday (first one so far!). I wont have another though until they arrive, it was just that we had a complimentary bottle on first night and was not going to let DH drink all of it himself ^drink^

I now have a busy week, anti-d jab, glucose test, 28 week scan and BP check! All on diffewrent days, need a frequent flyer pass for the hospital I think!. All of those were booked at about 16 weeks when it seemd like ages away, now its here, how scary is that!

Sal

#22 ·
Well i had my scan this morning 24+4 and the babies are now weighing 1lb12oz and 1lb10oz so doing really well. She says there is still plenty of room in there :eek: :eek: well i can't feel it thats for sure its sold as a rock! They are both still head down (cephaltic) T2 so far down they can't even measure his head anymore although did get to check his face this time so no abnormalities there as we couldn't see it last time. She even put the electric bed right down so i was almost doing a handstand to get them to slide down a bit but still could not get at T2s head. No wonder its so heavy down there ;). Next scan 4 weeks today! :) Also my MW phoned me and booked me in for my GTT (diabetes test) on 10th June so thats cool.

Hayley - heres the link you wanted...... http://www.twins-store.co.uk/WebRoot/luk/Shops/twins-store_002E_co_002E_uk/456C/A9B2/0AED/2ECC/EE7F/D44E/D1C5/A90A/Baby_0020_Essentials_0020_-_0020_Twins_0020_Starter.pdf

Regarding clothes i have been buying mostly early baby stuff which is up to 7lbs (so from about 5lbs i think) as i figured if they are much less than 5lbs they don't normally let them home yet do they? and if they come super early and are tiny then they will defo be in til they reach a good size. I have seen some nice kits in mothercare £20 each got a couple of outfits in for up to 5lb but reluctant to spend £40 until i know if they will ever wear them. I can always get DH or my mum to nip into mothercare and grab them for me if needed. BTW on mothercare online alot of those outfits are buy one get one half price if anyone didn't know ;)

emma/Maria - i was SO decrepid from about 14-20 weeks like a total old biddie (remember you laughing emma ^bigbad^) but then i started to bloom a little and although i am still technically a bit decrepid its more that my size restricts me rather than me being in pain like i was then. I was sure i had SPD coming but now i am ok so you may find it will pass. Fingers crossed for you both.

regarding shopping all mine is done now i even have nipple shields and everything ha ha but i am not good at walking too far now so i am glad its done. Course you can do most of it online anyway so its not a big issue if you leave it til you are bigger.

Lasha - can't help with the bath hun is it not one of them you use over your big bath? I just bought a bath chair thingy for using in our bath.

wendy
- as the others have said am suprised you don't have a nuchal scan between 11-13.5 weeks? maybe ask your midwife. At 15 weeks you can probably tell the sex it just depends how accomodating your scanner is to check - if not its waiting until 20 weeks ^bigbad^ glad to see its all still going well ^hugme^

Hi everyone i have missed but DH home so need to start seeing what old mother hubbards got in her cuboards! ;)

#23 ·
I have been adviced by a mother of preemies, not to buy preemie clothes as they outgrow them too  quick so I've got mostly newborn or 1 month stuff.

My DH is going to IKEA to get a wardrobe next week.  I also need to wash everything I've got for them and make my hospital bag.

and I hope they are born when the house is clean because now is just a big mess...  :-\

#24 ·
^wave^

Did you miss me? :p

xx

#26 ·
^NahNah^

Love you too ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.