Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

twin mums when did you go into labour???

• 24-28 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 28-34 weeks

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 34-37 weeks

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 37-38 weeks

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 39-40 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fancied getting an idea on when the twin mums went into labour :) being nosey!! 
Jelly x

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I was induced at 37+3 but i think my two would have stayed in until 40 weeks if i let them!

L xx

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went into labour at 30 weeks + 3 days. A bit early for my liking but they are really great and only spent 4 weeks in special care nursery. Plus side was - no stretch marks!!
Fiona

·
Registered
937 Posts
I didn't go into labour at all! I had a planned caesarean at 39 weeks and had no Braxton Hicks or contractions by then so heaven knows when my two would have made an appearance without intervention.

Jules

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was induced at 37+4 - my two had no plans to come out before then  ::) ::)
Katie xx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
I went into labour at 36 weeks to the day, but had a c-section as the babies were transverse and breech (no chance of them coming out naturally!)
Jane
x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Was induced at spot on 36 weeks due to pre-eclampsia but it didn't work so I never actually got into proper labour and had an emergency c-section.  Never a sniff of Braxton Hicks either so there's no knowing when they would have made an appearance left to their own devices.  Still, with a combined weight of over 14lb, I'm glad they came when they did.  :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Went into hospital at 35+3. Had 'em at 35+4. As I said on your other thread, my labour was silent up until 6cm so watch out for other tell tale signs. In my case these were: started being sick again for a week before hand and had increasingly massive (and I do mean MASSIVE) amounts of snotty-like discharge (sorry if TMI!). Had a tiny streak of blood in it the morning of 35+3 which is why I rang the hospital.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had noticeable Braxton Hicks from very early on. Started having contractions at 23 weeks (scary) was admitted 5 times in all to be given drugs to stop the contractions. Had a quiet week (except one of my dogs started sitting in front of me, just staring at me?!) then waters broke at 32 weeks +3. Girls born naturally, but with high forceps as had a prolapsed cord and had to be delivered quickly at the end.
Girls spent 1 week in Special care, then a further 3 weeks in Post Natal, until feeding was established.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My waters went at 36+6, nothing happened for 24 hours so they induced me. I had a show about a week before and bad lower backache for a day before my waters went. They broke in the middle of the night, luckily i rolled out of bed just in time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya

I was induced at 38 weeks although I'm sure they would of stayed in there right until the end if they had of left me. I had an amazing natural delivery.

Hope everything goes well.

Ali xx

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone for your time in answering this poll.... it is really a help in knowing whats ahead and when and how things can begin..... :)
thanks again
love Jelly x

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
hello.. my girls came at 37+2 when my waters broke...took 15 hours from my waters breaking to delivering the first baby (Megan) and then Abbie arrived 29 mins later! :)
i was due to be induced at 37+4 anyway! Glad I had them when I did cos I was HUGE!!! and couldn't do anything!

Good luck!
Love nicxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.