Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I'm just posting to see if there are any fellow twin carriers out there who are going throught the same as me?!

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant with twins following ICSI treatment. 20 week scan showed both twins were perfect and several days later i started to feel them both kick. One i felt much stronger than the other and the one i would only feel every other day. However the twin that has been quieter this is now the third day since i have felt it move and i'm just getting a bit paranoid ^idiot^.
The other one is still kicking away more than ever which is lovely to feel but i'm just starting to worry about the other one.
I dont want to be one of these paranoid women who is calling my midwife all the time.......
Just wondered if any one else carrying twins has similar things going on with them. I'm wondering if one is just being very lazy...... :) or should i be starting to worry? ::)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

Firstly ^hugme^ I know how worrying carrying twins is

It is still hard at 23wks to distinguish between them both as they are both still very small and are still moving around lots and lots

For me I didnt start to feel them both move lots until about 28wks but we are all different, I would say though that even though I am sure all is absolutely fine you should go on your instinct and get your self to your MW for reasureance as that is there job to keep you happy through pg,

God bless
Sarah

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

I'm 25 weeks and it's only recently that I've been getting good strong regular kicks (that keep me awake!  :mad:). Up until now I've had active days and runs of quiet days. I though I could tell the twins kicks apart but when I saw the MW yesterday they weren't in the positions I though they were in so I was completely wrong there! I know it's worrying but try not to worry too much, as Sarah says they're still very small and have plenty of room in there  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I've been feeling exactly the same, not sure if I can feel both and having days when I'm sure I've not felt one. Apparently the position of your placenta will make a huge difference to what you feel, if they are anterior (placenta at the front) there is more of a csuhion and harder to feel. If they are posteria then placenta is towards the back and you can feel more.

I have have one of each placent-wise so am hoping its just down to that.

Like you, dont want to go rnning to MW on every twinge etc, and am seeing consultant on Thursday so will have everything checked out at that point.

If you're still worried then go to your MW, that is what they are for and it is much better not to be being stressed about it.

Sal

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used to feel one side more than the other one and at the scan they told me it was because the placenta of the  "quieter" baby is on the front plus he is also lying a bit behind the other one and probably is his brother whois feeling all his kicks  ;D.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all  ;) :)

Thank you very much for all your encouragement!! I had a good kick last night that i think was from my quiet baby! These twins are trouble already aren't they!?!

It is lovely to feel them. Hope you all continue to do well in your twin  pregnancies and thank you again for all your help! ;D ;D

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
If it helps I always had one really active one and one really quiet one (funny in 'real' life they aren't like that at all!!!)....one of my placenta's was anterior (on the front) and I think this cushioned a lot of kicks....you'll feel them both in 10 weeks believe me when they start looking like aliens moving around!!
xx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi there

I had a very active one and a slower one too. Twin 1 was very shy at scans and didn't move around much whereas twin 2 was always on the go, under my ribs and always had hiccups!! They have been very much the same since they were born. Lucy (twin 2 but born first) is always on the go! She even seems to be moving when still and she fidgets alot in her sleep! Emma (twin 2 but born second) is very gentle and more sedate (although she does have her moments!).

Rachel x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts