455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home  ^gossip^

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi everyone,

Just been to clinic, weight gains have slowed down but at least they did put on.  Louise is now 17 lbs 4 oz's and James is 17 lbs 01 oz.  James is such a piggy  ^pig^ he sometimes has an extra bottle of milk than Louise, no wonder hes nearly caught her up.

Louise rolls everywhere now, no crawling yet.  She says Muma all day long, cant shut her up  ;D
She stands as well when you hold her hands, James just lazes about all day.  As long as hes sleeping and eating hes fine.

Both have had really runny poo's lately (sorry tmi) but hv said as long as they are not being sick nothing to worry abt.  They might have a tummy bug? Getting through more nappies than ever!!! 

Jane - Hope your feeling better soon. 

Nic - Never thought i would get into a routine, but its always different.  Usually whatever time they wake, they have a bottle of milk then feeding every 4 hours after.  At weekends, routine is always different as they seem to sleep longer.  Im sure its because DH doesnt have his alarm on.

Are you all enjoying the sunshine.

Susan xx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi
Thanks for all of your sympathise girls, my sister is now wandering around Heathrow looking for her flight and we've said our goodbyes, think its probably one of the sadest days in my life. But have to start pulling myself together as my eyes can't stand much more.

Jane - have mailed you but also - what are pingy chairs??

Trudy - wow your two are good weights, I got mine weighed today and they were 11 and 11/4. Yours must be feeding so well.

We are thinking about christening in April next year when my sister is back home for a weekend.

Must go now as need to catch up on so much housework (sad).

Take Care
lorraine

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Lorraine, Pingy chairs are those bouncy ones, but cheap ones without padding, with material stretched over the frame. The ones I use indoors are M&P - padded and 'suedette' and are bulky to carry around, these 'pingers' are cotton and really light and stack one on top of the other (and were £10.79 each from Mothercare with 10% off!) - I call them pingy 'cos you could probably catapult a baby from them! I hope you are feeling better today about your sister being in Hong Kong - I went to NY for 6 months a few years ago (without DH), so I kind of know how you feel, but it certainly gets easier - especially with all the cheap rate calls you can make, we belong to Alpha Telecom for overseas calls and they're sooo cheap, it really helps when you don't have to stop talking 'cos of the cost!  ^gossip^

I have a question - is anyone else experiencing body 'melt-down'?! My hair is falling out (which I expected, but not quite this bad!). Luckily I have really thick hair, but the amount down the plug hole each morning would make a wig for the ugly sisters! Also, my skin is awful, I have red patches around the sides of my nose and cheeks - I know this is hormonal, as I had it after my last failed tx too, but it's lasting ages and I can't get rid of it - exfoliating aggravates it, I've tried all sorts of moisturisers (changing daily - perhaps that's not helping?! ^dunce^) - I don't know what to do!  :p

Jane
xx

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi twin mummies!  ;)

Hope you have all had a gorgeous sunny day like we have today. My mum took the afternoon off work and we blew up the paddling pool, which was really hard work and I thought I was going to burst a blood vessel doing it!. DH did go a bit arsey when he got home from work though,  he wanted it to be just the four of us when they had their first go in it. I think it's the fact that it was my mum and he doesn't really 'gel' with her!! I do understand though, but my mum was so keen and it was lovely way to cool sophie and lewis down. Blimey! It's so hard keeping everyone happy.

Ali - I hope Ruby and Ellis have been good and continued to let their mummy get some well deserved sleep. It is such a relief when they finally start to sleep for longer. We have just had 4 out of the last five nights when they have slept through and I feel loads better. Do they have a good sleep at midday yet?? That is the other time when I get things done. Do you always bath them on your own? I am so lucky as DH is here every night to help.

Nic - the thread on routines sounds good to me  ^afro^. Can't believe your still managing to do some breastfeeding...well done you! I wish that I could have done it succesfully and I have total respect for anyone that b/fds twins. At least you can say your DH loves your mum, my DH told me tonight that he can't be himself around her  :-\ It makes me kinda sad as I know my mum means well, but just doesn't think sometimes. She has done so much for us and he doesn't seem to realsie that. Re: the feeding, I just keep spooning it in till they zip closed their mouths!  ;D

Trudy - give yourself time flower! I talked to my doctor about this and she said that it takes a long time even a year for your body to get back to 'normal'. I do alot of walking and have found that it has really helped, along with a few sit-ups. I don't think my tum will ever be the same though. We are doing our own food too for the christening, a BBQ if the weather is nice....fingers crossed!

Jane - what about going to a beauty therapist and treating yourself to a facial (if poss!). The therapist might be able to give you some tips. I read that the hair loss is quite normal.

Susan - brilliant weight gain, shows your weaning must be going well, are you using jars or doing any cooking?

Lorraine - hope your eyes aren't too puffy and your feeling a bit brighter today. chin up and webcam on, thats what I say!!!!  ;)

Well Im not too happy tonight. I tried the christneing gown on Sophie (one that is very old and has been worn by me, my mum and her mum and her mum!!) which looks very sweet and almost victorian in a cool white cotton. The trouble is that I tried on the outfit that MIL has bought Lewis and it really doesn't go with sophie's gown. I don't know what to do now  :-\ As DH pointed out, they will only be wearing them in the church and I can buy them another outfit to wear when the service has finished. It seems a shame to stop the family tradition with the gown for sophie.

Right off to finish watching supernanny, the child from hell is on there and we may see her head spinning round soon!! God! please don't let my two turn out like that!!

Night all
Jen xx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hello All

I have a few minutes to catch up as Dh got up and fed both twins this morning!! Lucky me.

Jane - I've only just tied it in to the pregnancy thing but the last few weeks my thighs and tops of my arms have been covered in an itchy rash with spots, Its just starting to go now, my skin is pretty crap too but i do a mask whenever I can think of it!  Maybe you should treat yourself to a facial - that is a good idea.

Trudy - I was a 12 before I started TX and am now a comfortable size 16. I've just decided to diet now as my brain is slowly getting back into gear. But it sounds like you are doing fine and dandy so I wouldn't worry too much.

Has anyone elses feet grown? I was a 4 and am now a 6 - Gutted I can't fit into any of my nice shoes and am still in flip flops all the time - WIll this go back to normal?

Ali - Good news that Ruby and Ellis are sleeping through - WHat is your secret?????

Jane - I have got some of the 'pingy' chairs on order - I know what you mean now!

Jen - My Dh and yours sound very similar - I think some of it has to do with that they help so much they are a bit posesive over them - My DH and I had a row last Saturday about my parents and on TUesday when they were up he was alot better. But he wants to see them on his own one day of a weekend so this means we have to alternate grandparents each weekend, which in theory sounds reasonable but my parents are going to be upset by this.  God it so mind boggling trying to please everyone - Just as well we've all got plenty of time on our hands to sit and try and arrange things (NOT).

We are doing our christening next year as my sister will be back then for a weekend.

I am going to visit another twin mum today - then once the twins group starts up again after the kids holidays we wil go to that together.

Take Care everyone
Lorraine

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Only time for a quick post today.

Having a very hectic week. We all have bad colds and Lucas got his first tooth yesterday!!!! So lots of crying this week so far. Freya has started crawling so i can't leave her in a room alone anymore! On top of that i have had to think of things to do to amuse Lauren everyday.

well the good news is that my mum and dad have offered to babysit for all 3 children for 2 nights next week, so DH and i are going to Rowhill Grange spa hotel in kent for 2 nights. yippee!!!! i am so excited. it will be our first night away.

With regards to the post twin body meltdown...I too have experineced hair loss and bad skin. A friend of mine who is a dr said... Pregnancy depletes your body of vitamin and minerals and essential fatty acids- these all effect the condition of your skin and hair. having twins can make you doubly depleted, so you need to take a multivitamin, evening primrose oil and fish oils . so i have started taking them, will let you know if it works.

love to everyone,
Shelly

·
Registered
379 Posts
Shelly - Rowhill Grange is about 10 minutes away from me - I hope you like it there - Are you having any treatments whilst you are there?
Lorraine

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Lorraine,
I used to live in Faversham, canterbury and Herne Bay and have been to the spa at Rowhill grange before. i think i will have a neck ands shoulder massage as they are very sore. What part of Kent are you from?

Shelly

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
hello girls.. just a quickie really to say the girls and me have been poorly the past few days. Got horrible tummy bug which started for me on Tuesday afternoon and I was puking and on the toilet practically all Tuesday night and yesterday. Thank god my mum was at home y'day and was able to come by and help with the girls.
Megan was projectile vomiting everywhere and now has bad really stinky diarrhoea. think i have changed about 20 nappies on her today! and Abbie hasn't really been sicky but has got bad poos aswell and is very tired bless her. They have been ever so good though and hardly cried when they must be feeling like crap.
I was completely dehydrated though so was unable to breastfeed y'day. Have managed to do two feeds today though so hopefully my milk hasn't dried up just yet!
right got to go. DH came home sick from work today and of course he feels worse than me so have to look after him now! ::)
will catch up with personals hopefully later

Love nicxx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nic - Hope that you and your family are feeling better soon
Lorraine

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi there,

Nic - am really sorry to hear you are all sick - I hope you are all better very soon.  :-*

Lorraine - luckily, my feet haven't grown - They are a size 7 1/2 already ^eyes^, and I have TONS of shoes - I would have been in mens ones had they got any bigger! I am just getting my brain into gear about dieting too, although I haven't started yet, it's on my mind, so is likely to happen very soon!
I also had that dry skin on my legs and arms, but it cleared up - I exfoliated and slapped on loads of E45 moisturiser and it's back to normal, but it was probably around the same time after the birth as you had it too. I'm hoping lifting these 2 babies will help the bingo wings, but who knows? I'll have to hold them a bit funny to work that bit!

Shelley - thanks for the tips - I'm going to start back on the post-natal Zita West vits and fish oils tomorrow. Great news on the trip - have a wonderful time!  ;D

Trudy - good luck on the routine changing - sounds like they are doing great on the weight gains.

Isn't it a nightmare trying to keep everyone happy? It's like getting married again! Luckily, I see my family during the week as they live close and my parents are self-employed and are home quite a bit, but DH gets on well with them anyway. Luckily again, MIL lives 3500 miles away in New York. I'm thanking my lucky stars on that one, the old bag! However, she's going to be visiting soon and I've banned any stays longer than 10 days after the last fiasco!

I still have a dodgy voice and a horrid annoying tickly cough, and I can't take anything 'cos I'm breastfeeding so have been eating boiled sweets - that'll do wonders for my figure!
I went to the Lancome counter about my skin, and have bought some 'anti stress' lotion and am going to book a facial too. It's our 9th Anniversary on Sept 7th, and I am going into the West End for the day, then meeting DH for dinner - my Mum is having the girls for us, so I'll book a facial in Selfridges (must ring them tomorrow!). I've seen a gorgeous Gucci bag in the new range, and I think I'm, going to treat myself..... ^evil^ (with my last pay packet!)
I am a FOOL  ^dunce^. Those wooden highchairs from Mamas & Papas arrived. They weigh about 100lb each and look really uncomfortable. I'm sending them back and have seen some others which recline, are on wheels, removable trays (and are plastic, which I didn't want!) - at least I can hose them down to remove the dirt though! I have bought 2 weaning books, some of those cubes with lids, spoons and found out about organic veg deliveries. I think Katie is ready now, so I'll do both of them very soon (probably in the next couple of weeks) - has anyone else found one twin is ready before the other (although I suppose this is normal!). I need to get my act in gear and work out how to progress first, 'cos I'm sure once you start it escalates very quickly into full blown cooking!
I got the girls weighed today, Katie is 12lb 15oz and Anna is 12lb 7 1/2oz (Katie is a piggy!), they are staying on the same curve, just below the 50th percentile for their adjusted age, so their weight gain is fine. I got myself worried last night as I looked at their weights and realised they were in the low 9th %ile, but was told this was wrong as it was unadjusted, so all is OK! What a muppet! :p

What's this Bubbles thing on everyones profiles? And what is a Charter Member?

Love to everyone,
Jane
xx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi every one
Its my weekly log in.. I cant seem to get on here any more often!!

Nic- Poor you and babies it must be awful for the 3 of you hope you all pick up quickly.

I have just enrolled the girls in a baby signing class locally I have read a lot about it and really think it sounds a good idea, has any one else heard any thing about it or know of any onre who has tried it?  My only concern is that it may stop them speaking as soon as they should do.

my DH thinks I have finally cracked up he came home from work yesterday to find me singing to a song on repeat on the CD player,  it is a very old song my friend told me about called "20 tiny fingers" by Alma Cogan it is  about twins and I love it!!  He thinks its great but after the 7th time he politely asked me to turn it off

Oh well short post as usual sorry but Gabriella has woken up and is in need of a feed.

Have a nice weekend every one hope wather is good.

luv  Kiera

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Well, I donated too, and he didn't make me a charter member  :mad:  :'(

Kiera - I think that signing thing sounds interesting, I have thought of it but never got further than that! Would love to hear about it.

Have had a huge leak this morning from the washing machine, Galina (my cleaner) and I have spent aqbout an hour clearing up!

xx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi girls,

Just a quickie from me as i have not been online for ages and need to do a proper catch up. We have had major pc probs but i think its sorted now.

I was really brave sunday and let my parents have the boys for the day. Rob and i spent the day together (trying really hard not to ring every 5 minutes!) and to be fair i let mil have them for a few hours yesterday. I came home and spring cleaned the house from top to bottom to take my mind off them not being here. They were shattered when they came back and slept for 7 hours last night so i think i should let them go more often!!!

I have been feeling a bit grotty these past few days. I think i am having a phantom pregnancy!!! Been sick in the eves and feeling light headed (just like i did before) With my tubes as blocked as they were i cannot see how pregnancy would have made me fertile but i darent do a test just in case  ^idiot^ Can i ask - were everyones second periods after giving birth regualr? I had one 6 weeks after having the boys and nothing since but i wouldnt expect them to return to a 28 day cycle just yet. How was everyone elses?

Janis - i would send tony an im and get him to upgrade your account  :)

Trudy - Try not to worry about the weight thing just yet. I too have discussed this with my gp and apparently your body keeps hold of some reserve fat incase anything was to happen (like getting stuck in the dessert without food were his words!!) I am on the slim fast still and am renaming it to slim slow. The weight is coming off but only a few pounds a week. Then if i am naughty it goes back on again! Anyway, ive just looked at your pics and you look lovely to me.

Kiera - your pos tabout the singing made me laugh, i sing alot to my two (and i really cant sing to save my life!) When i was pregnant i listed to the same songs over and over again and now when my two are restless i sing them one of the songs. It really does work.

Nic - hope you feel better soon xx

Right, im off to read up on posts,

L xx

·
Registered
237 Posts
Evening girls!

I need to have a rant!!  ^tantrum^ Family are totally doing my head in!!!! And I have to say it's always my mum causing the problems. To cut a long drama short, my mum had given me the family christening robe that is about 100 years old and very pretty, for sophie to wear next week. The problem I had was that it didn't go with Lewis's outfit that MIL bought. I told my mum that I didn't think Sophie was going to wear the robe as I couldn't find and outfit for lewis to go with it's style. Well, she rang my sister at work in tears saying she wasn't going to go to the christening and that I favoured my MIL's outfit to the one she had given us......and it went on and on and on apparently!! I didn't know all this was going on and actually found a lovely romper suit for lewis in the same kind of style, so I bought it and sophie can now wear the family hand me down. I am getting so sick of this competition thing that my has with my in-laws. My DH is getting close to having a right go at her which would end in alot of tears I know!  Don't they just drive you crazy!!!  ^zombie^ I know that some of you have similar family issues....why do they make things so difficult when they don't have to be...Im never going to be like that when Im an older mummy.

Leanne - sounds like you may need to do a test, you may be joining Kathryn on the first tri board again!!!! Maybe though your body is just taking time to get back to a regular cycle, my periods came back to normal about 6 weeks after the birth and have been ever since. Hope your o.k though and glad to see you made it out and then got a good sleep. It is hard leaving them and not phoning, but they would call you if there was a problem and the more you do it, the confident you will get to have the odd night out now and again.

Nic - Really hope you are all better soon. You poor thing having to deal with two poorly babies when you are poorly aswell. have you been to the doc's??

Kiera - I am going to try and find that song to have listen....sounds good!

Trudy - It's all trial and error isn't it?!! We have just had four nights in a row with uninterupted sleep...yipee!! Do you do a dream feed? What weight are your two now? Water never worked with my two either, they just cried 10 mins later.

Jane - your girls are brilliant weights. I started weaning my two when they were just over 12lb's as they too seemed ready then (that was at 5 months!) I got those pots with the flip lids, but to be honest I have found  that ice cube trays have been the best thing. You just pop out the frozen cubes into a freezer bag and then de-frosting is a bit easier as you don't have to scrape food out of the pots. Hope your washing machine is o.k, you lucky lady still having your cleaner.

Shelly - Lauren and freya sound like their are doing sooo well, I bet your chuffed to bits!! Sophie is trying to crawl at the moment and just gets on her knees and hands and rocks back and forth, it is so  funny to watch...bless her. Have you got stairgates now then??

Lorraine - I think what you said about DH's being a bit possesive over babies is spot on. Ash is a very hands on daddy and that is brilliant, but I get so anxious about trying to sort out the family...but you know where Im coming from on that one!

Right off to get some chocolate and a cuppa.....oooh, I know how to enjoy a friday night!

Take care all and hi to anyone I missed
Jen x

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Evening all
Been away for a few days at my aunty's house.  We've had a great time and been so lucky with the weather.  They have a lovely garden and a swimming pool so it was great to spend lots of time outside and the boys had their first swim.  Got some aquanappies and float seats off eBay and they wwere really good.  The 1st time in they seemed a bit stunned.  2nd time Oli was all hot andbothered already and we thought it might cool him down but he just yellled and yelled, poor love.  Robin seemed to enjoy it though and they looked so cute bobbing around in the water looking all surprised!
Aunt looked after the twins while me and dh went out for the day -fantastic.  My mum and dad came yesterday too, plus my cousin with her baby boy so mum and aunt were in their element playing with babies while we all had a lie in.

Jen - so sorry to hear about family problems.  So difficult - trying to please everyone and you just end up getting stressed and feeling torn. I'm sure she'll calm down now that you have found a way round it and if she knows that you wanted to use the dress for Sophie all along.  Families can be a real nightmare especially when it comes to weddings, christenings etc.  If its any consolation, the reason I was never christened is because my mum's inlaws fell out with her at my sisters christening because they wanted her to be called a different name.  My gran got all her mates to blank my mum and dad at the christening and no-one spoke to them for months!

Leanne - glad you got a good day out.  Sounds like the twins had a busy day if they were so tired.

Jane - hope your washer is sorted.

kiera - would also love to hear about the signing -i've been interested to find out more.

Jen - hope you are all feeling a little bit better
got to run, hope everyone else is well
xxx Kirsty

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
How come i have 4 bubbles? I want more bubbles please!!!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
hi girls... hope you are all well. what is this bubbles and blow and burst malarky? i've had a look on the tech support thread about it but i just got lost? ^Bubble Gum^

Kirsty - your stay at your aunts sounds lovely. glad you all had a good time. I really want to take my girls swimming round my parents house but the weekends have just been crap for outside swimming this summer! not good! :(

Jen - sorry to hear about your family problems. hope you are feeling better about it today. why do families have to create such issues? so annoying!!
didn't go to the docs as was too ill to leave the house but did speak to my GP on the phone a couple of times when i was worried about the girls. we all seem to have recovered now though which is good!

Leanne - how you feeling today? any more symptoms?! ??? good for you having the day to yourselves. still haven't done but it's a bit more difficult as am still breastfeeding. we have a wedding in a few weeks though so that will be the first time leaving them with my parents. hope my parents will be ok?! :-\

Jane - you should email Tony about the charter status thingy. It's good cos you get your own photo album aswell! :) your girls are doing really well!
LOL re your highchairs! i haven't got mine yet. wanted to go out and get some today but DH is working :( You are good planning to do all your own food. I think i have come to the conclusion that i just don't have the time (or the inclination really!) to do it. I will see, maybe when i have more energy i will change my mind! ??? should do though as it will probably be cheaper?!

Kiera - my nans sung that 20 tiny fingers tune to me a couple of months ago and it was so sweet!!! i found it on of those download sites aswell!! it is funny!

Trudy - lovely photos in your album! bless!

Shelly - wow your weekend away sounds lovely. am v jealous! I am suffering with bad hair loss aswell (have been for 2 months now) it's really getting on my t*ts now!! :mad:

well it is my birthday tomorrow (31 :-[) so we had friends over last night for Chinese which was nice. One couple have a 6 month old and the other couple have a 3 yr old so we had to get them all to bed before we ordered. We managed it by 8pm so not too bad eh?! :) DH has booked the day off tomorrow so he is taking me out to lunch and shopping. hopefully the weather will improve for me?!

better go as girls have woken from their incredibly short nap ( ::)) and i have to go prepare their apple and banana puree! (mmmm!)

hope everyone else is ok! (Kerry - where are you?!)

love nicxx

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.