Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am expecting twins- due 7th Nov and was hoping that you can help with good twin prams you would recommend.

I would prefer one that faces me- a bonus would be where they can face me/each other/outwards but I guess that may be asking too much.

Has anyone bought the Mountain Buggy Double Carrycot or Mountain Buggy Carrycot twin (they are different) and if so would you recommend this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

sarahjc74

·
Registered
440 Posts
i have the mountain buggy twin carry cot (the big one) i loved it they can face you and there is loads of room in there

·
Registered
669 Posts
i cant tell you what one to get but dont get the jane power twin, i hate it  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ wish someone had told me not to buy it.
lisa

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Sarah,
My advice is buy the Mountain Buggy and a double carrycot. You will be very happy with it!
Jane (The MB sales girls ;))

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
i have a Mountain buggy , i got it on ebay and i love it , i did not get the carry cots but the girls were fine with it flat and very cosy with the snuggle sacs we go from from john lewis.

xx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I have the iCandy Pear and love it. They can face me or outwards and it's only slightly bigger than a single buggy - very manouverable :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi,

I also have the iCandy pear and love it. I bought the Maxicosi car seats that clip on the frame, which makes it easy to take the twins out on my own (even in back in winter). I would not recommend buying the cots as well. The bar inside is ristricting movement of twins legs severely so they could not use it beyond 10 weeks and they were 4 weeks prematur. being an engineer I say this is a design fault and hopefully will be rectified in the next model.

The pram is very manouverable , fits through every door and has 49 different ways to arrange the car seats, cots, seats etc.. We bought the aqua foot sack and still use it as a liner. With two parasols we are quite a sight along the seafront promenade in our south coast town!

I bought it after asking every twin mum I saw one saturday in the local shopping centre and not two did recommend the pram they had (some were on their 3rd buggy by the time the twins were 3).

GOOD LUCK ,-ULTRA-

G

·
lisa.m said:
i cant tell you what one to get but dont get the jane power twin, i hate it ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ wish someone had told me not to buy it.
lisa
We have the Jane powertwin pro and have had absolutely no problems with it and it covers an average of 20 miles a week across all kinds of ground.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi
Having read tons of reviews and spoken to people with the mountain buggy, and pushed one around etc and tried folding it - I ordered one - just waiting for it to arrive. I have got the two carrycots to go as i am hoping if one twins wakes they won't necessarily wake the other!

There are some new colours out too on the mountain buggy website so i have ordered one of those.

H

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all

Many thanks for all your responses- and apologies for typing in pink I stupidly didn't check before posting.

I am going to note all the makes/models you recommend and go and hunt them down nearer the time.

Thanks again x

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had the Jane Powertwin and I hated this pram too and couldn't wait to get rid of it, eventually sold it when they were about 9 months old......main problem was if the baby in the front fell asleep you can't recline the seat very much and there isn't much leg room in the back for the other baby.

Would recommend the Phil and Ted E3 Twin (side by side) and wish I had bought this buggy from birth rather than the Powertwin.

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
hi Sarah

I've got the MB - with the Twin Carrycot and my two nap in it during the day aswell as whilst we're out and about.

I LOVE this pram and have found it extremely easy to use - which believe me after a c-section is very important.

good luck with the pram hunting

B3ndy
xxx

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
lisa.m said:
i cant tell you what one to get but dont get the jane power twin, i hate it ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ wish someone had told me not to buy it.
lisa
ooh, thats what ive just got :-\

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I echo Julz - I have the Phil and Teds E3 twin side by side and absolutely love it!!  I have 2 cocoons that I use so the girls can face me in those and when I get to anywhere and pushchair can't go in I just take them out in those.  Loads of my friends with babies have purchased the cocoons seperately as they are so useful, the girls sleep in them anywhere!!  

The E3 twin is 2 cm narrower than the MB, a little heavier (but when I tested both the MB seemed much heavier to me when pushing).  Its dead easy to push (I had a section and was out with it after 2 weeks), can go up and down kerbs whilst on phone with one hand!!  Bit heavy to get into boot of car but then most twins are!

Enjoy chosing!
x

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi
we have the jane powertwin pro and I love it very smooth ride for babies if you are going to walk alot I would recommend it, we live in london and walk and shop a lot so has come in very handy as you can manoevor in shops.
Annette

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
hi, i have purchased the phil and ted twin side by side. mine is the 2008 model launched in january, i also have purchased 2 cocoons for it, and cannot wait to start using it. the advantage of this over the mountain buggy is it lies completely flat, to acheive this with the mountain buggy you need to purchase the carrycot. I did like the feel of the MB, but the phil & ted is very similar. All the grandparents love it too.

beach

1 - 17 of 17 Posts