Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Id really like some advice to put my mind at rest. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. Iv had hyperstimulation as it was an IVF treatment. This seems to have calmed down now but I have a 7cm cyst on my left ovary. Im a little worried that this will not decrease and get bigger! I do fell pain from this sometimes but the hospital dont seem to be worried? Has anybody been through this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Hi GC,

Haven't had this personally but cysts can sometimes resolve themselves, so I suspect this is why clinic not overly concerned. Are they monitorig you still? If you do still experience painthen it's worht giving them a call again to discuss.

Congrats on your BFP  ^reiki^
Maz x

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi,

I had a similar thing with my son and on monitoring it did keep growing for a bit and was confirmed to be an endometrioma, but it eventually resolved itself.

I would say any severe pain def go to a&e, mine did burst at 15 weeks and it was rather unpleasant, it coincided with a bit of snow in 2007, the a&e dept weren't happy to see me and offered paracetamol, but I'm sure I should have had better care! Thats the main thing I'd ensure if you have any problems that you get the appropriate care you deserve.

I think its a good thing in a way because cysts help sustain pregnancies, with a twin pregnancy and all the extra hormones, I'm guessing its why its grown to that size. I'm not a medical professional though, so don't take my word for it.

xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts