Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As u know i want 2 embroys put back in even after dr/nurse telling me noo and hearing few sad stories , can any1 giv me some postives , I wl be 35 soon and we are having ivf/icsi xxxx        ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,

I'd also be really interested too !  We can have 2 this time( fingers crossed) as I am 35 and were adament thats what we would do , then over the last few days we are starting to have doubts as have read quite a lot of press about twin pregnancy complications.

Thanks
xx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
same here , really scared as was really adamant but now doubt creeping up when i heard some of the stories, starting the injections beginninf of april  :-\

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm 32, had two embies put back and had a healthy twin pregnancy with no complications during pregnancy. HOWEVER I did go into spontaneous labour at 32 weeks. Fortunately my boys were an unusually good weight for their gestation and needed very little support during their stay in the NICU but it could have been a different story.

One thing I will say is don't just consider the pros and cons of a twin pregnancy. After they're born you will have two newborns demanding the same thing at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart but twins are hard work. If they're both crying at the same time you want to cuddle them both but when you're alone it's not always possible to give them individual attention and they are often both placed in their bouncy chairs and rocked instead. I suffer a lot of guilt because of this. Not to mention the heartache suffered when for the first two weeks of their life I couldn't be Mummy to them properly.

I understand the desire to be able have two children from one IVF cycle, believe me I've been there, but it isn't just about creating an "instant family" . It's far more complicated than that.

Having said all of that whether you choose one or two embies good luck and I hope you have a positive result.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks so much for your honest response Sho Po and congratulations on your beautiful boys.

I am due for EC on Wed or Friday this week ( have 21 follies already so may be taken in early) and it's hard for DH and I to make the decision until we know i even get some embies so I guess we need to talk some more and see what happens before we make a decision. We just want to give it as much chance as possible and as I have now been offered 2 due to my age , I think it's worth considering but we will totally go with whatever our consultant advises. My last IVF pregnancy ended in us losing our precious little girl , and I'm not sure I could so through that again so the thought of somethng going wrong with 2 is more than i can bear to think about.

Your comments really are appreciated , and I guess we hadnt thought as far as actually having 2 babies and how we would cope.

Thanks again

Claire x

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really I will be starting the injections on the 21st day, i am praying for my menstal this month  ;D.. U see I will be 35 in July and by the time I am ready for the embreyos. it will be May .. I am one of a twin, and I have a big family who will be at hand as we are really close .. I just dont know what to do  ??? ^pray :) xx

·
Registered
462 Posts
Claire - I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure the prospect of that happening again is terrifying. I think you're right to go with what the consultant suggests but don't be surprised if they lay it all out on the table and still leave it all up to you.

Shaziahope - I hope I'm not being too forward in suggesting this but I think you do really know what you want to do. In your heart of hearts you really want to have two embies transfered and take the chance of twins rather than it no working at all. I've been there, that's what I wanted and that's what I did. Although we were expecting 2 embryos to be transfered all along we were given the choice on ET day because of the quality of the embryos and my age there was a good chance it would work. We chose to go ahead with two because, having never had a sniff at a pregnancy before, we decided we would rather take the chance at twins rather than risking it not working at all.

As I've said my pregnancy was a breeze. I had normal BP throughout (even during labour) and didn't suffer any symptoms you wouldn't normally get with pregnancy. The only risk came with their early delivery and you wouldn't know that now to look at them.

You're hearing all about the risks but that's what medical professionals do. My advice would be to check out the Twin and Triplet board (both pre and post natal) there's lots of ladies on there who've got positive and negative tales to tell.

Ultimately I think you have to choose what you really want and be prepared to deal with the consequences whatever they may be.

I hope this helps.

Shona

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Sho Po said:
My advice would be to check out the Twin and Triplet board (both pre and post natal) there's lots of ladies on there who've got positive and negative tales to tell.
But by definition,those posting there are those who have had a successful pregnancy and ended up with two live babies. There is a thread for those who lost one twin, but the saddest stories are elsewhere on FF. I don't wnat to be full of gloom (my twins were born no problems at 38+3) but knowing what I do now, I would caution anyone to think very carefully. It's unelievably heartbreaking to see women who go through so much, then lose their precious babies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts