Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

24 weeks today yippee!!! So am now just starting to think about prams etc, haven't got a bloody clue about anything though ^idiot^ ^idiot^ so need lots of advice, do you think it's better, cheaper easier to go for the travel systems? You know pram, infant carrier and car seat?

Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Luv Lisa
xxx

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hello Lisa

Just seen the post from you and haven't had a chat with you for ages.  Its Louise ie Yorkshirelass.  Hope you're doing well.  Relieved too to get to 24 weeks  :)

Take care.

Louise xx

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Louise,

Good to hear from you - was wondering about you last week.

Yes it's great isn't to get to 24 weeks - can't quite believe it.
How are you feeling? I am having terrible upper back ache and still being sick at least once a day, but not complaining other than that feel quite healthy, getting very big. How about you?

xx

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Lisa

Im feeling good yeah much better than the first tri.  Eventually stopped being sick at 17 weeks.  Its amazing though I've almost forgotten how bad it was now.  It must be nature's way  ;)  I too have backache on and off - I think we just get everything under the sun in pregnancy don't we?  Sorry to hear your being sick again thought that was all behind you  :mad:  Im blooming nicely its great I love it.  How are your twins doing?  Do you know if you're having boys/girls?  We're having a little girl - at least we think she wasn't easy to scan.  I think she's a character already she had her foot on my bladder during the scan and one hand behind her head like she was chilling it conjures up an image  ;D

Sorry I've crashed your post here.  Hope you get your pram sorted.  We're ordering ours in the next couple of weeks from M&P - a travel system (think they're the best).

We'll have to keep in touch as we're due at virtually the same time (although I guess you'll be earlier with you having twins). 

Take care.
Louise xx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi there

I don't think there are any twin travel systems... apart from the Jane system perhaps????

Good luck with your shopping - you're right to think about it now - there are quite long order times for some of the twin prams.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy & your little ones when they arrive

Lots of love

Sal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya

As Sal said in her post, I don't think you can get travel systems for twins. We settled on the First Wheels Twin Elite which we bought from www.jusonne.co.uk
We have found it excellent as we have a dog and go out walking with her. It is excellent across any type of terrain and has good suspension and is very solid but I warn you....it is very very heavy when folded!!!! This doesn't bother me though as I am quite strong. Also, it doesn't fit through standard doors. You can get a carry cot which fits this buggy but it only takes one (i.e. it can be used for a toddler and a new born). This is why one of the seats is slightly wider than the other.

Hope this has helped.

Ali xx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I hunted everywhere for a twin travel system. The only one i could find was the Jane which is very pricey at £549 including the car seats. It is so bulky and looks more like a mini bus!

We now have 4 buggies  ^idiot^ We bought a side by side twin which we intend to use while they are little then have a tandem for when they can sit up which will be easier to get round the shops in. I have also bought 2 strollers also for when they are a bit bigger which will be handy when i have someone with me to push one each (will save nanny and grandad arguing over who is going to push  ;D ) They will also stop the amount of people who stop me to have a gawp at the twins, at first it was lovely to have all the attention but going for a walk takes so long as all you hear is "ahhhh, twins!" At least with the strollers i can walk a few meters behind dh and people will just think they have seen double  ;D

L xx

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your replies girls.
xxxx

·
Registered
366 Posts
We've just bought the Bebe Confort twin club on e-bay.  You can arrange the seats as you want and can buy car seats that will clip into the chassis.  They are a bit pricey new and difficult to get hold of (Well in Wales)but it means you can have them facing you rather than away which we prefer.

Fitouxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.