Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if you could all help me.....i have been told that if you are carrying twins you will bleed in early pregnancy (inc 2ww) has this been the case for you ?

I am currently on my 2ww and am desperatly hoping that we have twins out of this IVF....but obviously will be extremely happy to be pregnant at all...I currently have had no bleed or discharge, but i didn't on my first pregnancy either...

Any help you can offer is appreciated

Thanks

Netty

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh no you shouldnt bleed with either one or more.  Having said that - i did - but i could tell by the reaction from my consultant that that was not normal!

It is also possible to have twins and lose one at this early stage - in which case you could bleed. But basically - no - bleeding is always a cause for concern.

Having said that, for any people on 2ww or later who have bled - i bled from a small blister inside from 5 weeks to 12 weeks and now have two healthy boys.

good luck and try (sorry i know its almost completely impossible) to keep active and calm this could just be the start of a lot of waiting ...

Abby xx

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi Netty

I didn't bleed with my twins, but some people do bleed in early pregnancy. Sorry it all sounds a bit vague.

I hope that you get your BFP! Good luck,

Liz
x

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I bled heavily from 5+2, tailing off till 11 weeks

·
Registered
586 Posts
I didn't bleed at all during 2ww when carrying my twins - but I did bleed during my first 2ww, but was only pg with one then (later miscarried).

During my twin pregnancy I went on to bleed 4 times, at 6, 7, 14 and 15 weeks, but nothing during the 2ww  :)

I hope you get a lovely BFP!

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Going by what my consultant and drs said to me during pg I think the general rule of thumb is that bleeding in pg is never classed as "normal" but IS classed as "common" in a multiple pregnancy.

Never heard of 2ww bleed indicating twins though.  Do you mean implantation bleed?

I didn't have any bleeding during my 2ww but did have bouts of spotting during my 2nd and 3rd trimesters.

Good luck!  :)

G

·
Some people bleed during pregnancy but I believe it is the minority rather than the majority.  Whoever told you that you will with twins is exaggerating somewhat.  It may be more common with multiples but it's still not that common overall.

PS - I had nothing at all.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi Netty

Hoping you get your BFP  ^reiki^ ^pray^

I did bleed at 5 weeks and 11 weeks with my twin pregnancy and had nothing when pregnant with my first DD but did not have anything during my 2ww.

I dont know if bleeding is an indicator of twins, the first inkling we got was a very high BHCG, but saying that i had practically no symptoms.  During the 2ww with my first DD i was so sick and had massive symptoms - i barely had to do the test to know i was pg!!

Good luck again and do let us know how you get on

Amanda x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Netty,

I had a bleed in early pregnancy (around 4/5 weeks), I went to the doctor and had a HSG test done which came back positive and then at 6 weeks I had a scan.  I think I was bleeding (brown blood) for about 3-5 days.

Sharon xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts