Hello, just logging new thread.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I read but don't post very often. Just making sure I don't lose the thread  ;D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Glitter - lol about daniels photo! I've got one of Summer and Hayden lying next to each other and they are both doing a no 2! They do tend to tandem poo which is a bit of a mare when it's an explosive one!

Anna - Congrats on your wedding! Any photos yet? You'll have to change your signature now  ;)

DG - Love the photos! The babies are beautiful and

Lizzy - Oh dear! Hope everyone is on the mend and you get some sleep....  ^hugme^

Barb - Dreamfeed didn't really work for us. They just weren't interested in it. Summer and Hayden both dropped their 10pm feed before their 2am one.

Scooby - They are lifting their heads sooooo well in your photo! and to think how worried you were not too long ago! Given me more hope for mine ( they've done it properly for 2secs each so far) And yours are rolling over wahoo!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!! I have read back through all the posts but am too tired to post at the mo and am having a very down day for some reason....  :(

Surferchick xxx

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hi everyone, things are getting better at the mo with our babies, it's a big job to settle Emilia to sleep but eventually she does go down. She falls asleep but then awakes in a total panic even if I am next to her ... poor soul ... any cure ? Luca's belly ache seems a bit better, they're both so hungry and putting on weight nicely. Went to a postnatal session for twin mums yesterday, there were twins up to 9 month old, but didn't enjoy it very much. When the person running it (who's got twins herself) asked us to say what's good about having twins no one said anything and I was the only person to say something ! people were quite miserable and very shy, I hope that they'll loosen up at the next sessions. I am very shy myself but was the only one speaking there! They were also very negative, I must say if I didn't know you lot I'd be really depressed now. You're such a cheerful bunch!
By the way, what do YOU think are the positive things about having twins ?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Having 2 smiley faces looking at you,
2 pairs of eyes following you out of a room and then 2 faces light up when you walk back in,
double the baby smell (I know they don't always smell nice but you know the baby smell I mean  ;D  ),
hearing 2 babies giggling,
watching them watch each other.
having only 1 pregnancy (I really suffered with mine!) but getting 2 babies,
I'm very shy but I love the attention you get from having twins (I know it's sometimes annoying but I mostly like it! )
2 lots of family allowance  ;)

Thanks Barb, I'm feeling a bit brighter now having written all the good things down  :)

As we had to pay for our IVF we often joke that we picked the 'buy 1 get 1 free' offer and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being a twin mummy  :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree with what Surferchick says. I also like having a baby to myself. My sister (who had one baby) said that when her DH had hold of him she felt jealous and wanted to hold him IYKWIM  ;D
Being a twin Mummy is the best feeling ever :)

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
surferchick said:
Barb - Dreamfeed didn't really work for us. They just weren't interested in it. Summer and Hayden both dropped their 10pm feed before their 2am one.
Mine again went through till 4.30am, last night. Waking them at 11 makes no difference...I reckon they'll gradually push that 4amish feed back...that's what DS did.

·
Registered
609 Posts
hi

we are all better at this end now its just the leaky nappies if you know what i mean......luckily i did not get it just as well as i had to play nurse!!!

Had a good night last night though as babies slept well and did not vomit cannot believe they have only just started going through the night (had major probs with them waking each other) and now they get ill ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

The buy one get one free comment makes me laugh often when i am out i get the smart comment " buy one get one free was it?" if only they knew i always think!!! Talking of comments i keep getting people thinking my girls or one of them at least are boys and when i correct them they say "oh sorry its just that HIS hat looked blue or HIS trousers made me think that etc etc !!!!!!!!!!! or seconds later they will say "oh bless HIM look the sun is in HIS eyes!!! are people MAD?????? Well as i am on a rant ;D the other thing that drives me crazy about people is when they touch my babies when they are sleeping and promptly wake them up!!!! This happened today and they were dep for their sleep having been so ill, this lady was all over them so she is probably vomiting as we speak ;D ;D (sorry that was a bit mean!!) ;D ;D

anyhow i am off to bed now am not sure tonight is gonna be to great as they were hard to settle tonight, they are still under the weather and are not eating properly yet!!! Its almost like going back to weaning them again!!!

love to all

Lizzy

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hope you ALL have a good night Lizzy  ^hugme^
I HATE it when people touch my babies, makes me wanna scream  ^bigbad^

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Hiya

Sorry to crash in here (not really, I recognised a few names and am delighted for you all  :-* )

Don't want to be too brash but I work with flower essences that have resulted in many remarkable things-especially with new borns/babies if anyone is interested, my website details are below. Please note there will no consultation charges for anyone on FF, just pm me if interested

www.flowerswithpowers.com

Larkles
xx

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi all,

Hi Larkles! I'll take a look!

Lizzy & Noodlez - I agree in appropriate baby touching is wrong!

Hope everyone else is well!

Liz
x

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Quick post so I dont lose the thread!  Hope you are all well?

I second everything that Surferchick says.......2 lots of smiles, giggles, gurgling, cuddles, kisses......all worth while.  I wouldnt change my situation at all.  I love having two babies.  People rarely seem to take notice of a baby in a single buggy but when you are pushing a twin buggy...wow....cant get round the shops etc very quick!  It amazes me how people are still amazed when they see twins as it is quite common these days.  I see loads of twins about!  But, hey...when people stop me and comment how adorable my twin girls are I am soooooo proud!

Anna x

G

·
Another thing to add about the great thing on twins - they seem to realise that there is eachother there now and will watch.  Yesterday (probably luck!) they were holding eachother's hands on the playmat!!!

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Aw bless :)

Morning all ^wave^

Sorry to have been AWOL - been busy this end as DH is finally at home for a few days.  We went to a soft play centre yesterday which is the first ever baby-focused sensory centre in the UK.  As well as the usual toddler/child play frames and ball pits, it has an area with sensory booths for babies; vibrating floors, flashing lights, bubbles etc.  It was fantastic :)

Off to Amersham today for a family lunch - I'll try to catch up properly later.

Love to everyone,
xx Clare

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
ClareMack said:
We went to a soft play centre yesterday which is the first ever baby-focused sensory centre in the UK. As well as the usual toddler/child play frames and ball pits, it has an area with sensory booths for babies; vibrating floors, flashing lights, bubbles etc. It was fantastic :)
ooh, where?

1 - 20 of 382 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.