Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies, I had my first scan on Friday and there are 2  ^storkboy^ ^storkboy^ bundles of joy on their way.  ;D. I am a little concerned as i started bleeding the next morning after the scan but it is brown (old) blood so am not too concerned, but taking it very easy.
This is our first attempt at ICSI and we have been the luckiest couple to fall on the first go, I am feeling guilty and sad for the couples who did not conceive with us, but we see ourselves very lucky.
this is sending out to all of you in all of your situations  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^. Toni

PS. Does anybody know how to get one of those charts along the bottom that counts down your time?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Toni

May I be first to welcome you to the wonderful world of twins. Hard work but fab and amazing.

There's a brilliant thread for twin mums to be that you might want to join (if you haven't already) full of good advice and reassurance, once you've got over the shock. I was dazed for weeks !!!

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=36224.90.

Congratulations. My only advice would be...get your sleep in now !!!

Love Eve xxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Toni,

Congrats, i'm having twins too!!

If you click on my count down ticker & then do your own, put in your due date & follow instructions.

Just to make you feel at ease, I had red blood at 6 wks & then at 9 wks I had red blood pouring & severe stomach ache for 3 days & a very large clot came away that we thought was a sac & had a nightmare eveing but it was part of the placenta & all's well, we have had 3 scans so far, so try not to worry, it's very common especially in twin pregnancies.

It finally happened for us on our 2nd IVF,  I do feel very lucky but it has been a very long journey & I never ever thought we would become pregnant especially with twins!

take care

Love Lisa xx

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Toni!

CONGRATULATIONS on having twins - I seem to have a similar story to yours - 1st ICSI attempt, bleeding after 1st scan and again at 12 weeks - both times was told to rest for 3 days and take it easy - not easy being a teacher. But (touch wood) all has gone well so far!

Good luck!

Keep in Touch

Debs x

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Toni,

Congratulations - another twin mummy  ^congrats^

I had my first ICSI last year, which resulted in twins.  I had some spotting around 9 weeks as well, just take it easy. 

Love Susan x

·
Registered
371 Posts
A big congratulations to you two. It is a very exciting road you have got ahead of you. Bleeding is really really common in twin pregnancies (well it is common in singletons but more so in twins) but that never helps one. I had a very scary bleed after my 7 week scan but after a few days of feet up all was well. Some girls bleed all the way up until 15 weeks.

Now the three of you get over to the twin bumps thread so I can add you to the list. Our dear firend Buzz who is expecting triplets is only 9 weeks pg and is feeling a bit lonely with all of us big bumps surrounding her.

Well done girls
Megan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, this site has so many directions...  ;D i did not even see the twin etc sections. Its really reassuring that it seems to be normal to bleed slightly.
We have a long way to go but we will try our best for a good outcome.
How do I get onto the chat page? every time I try to log on all i get is a X in the left corner.....can anyone help me as I am an  ^idiot^

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hi Toni!

CONGRATULATIONS on having twins fantastic news

love baby whisper

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Congratulations Toni & DH!

I had a bleed the day after my first scan too, it's really scary but seems very common. I had another 2 since but all going fine now.

Hoping to see you on our Twin Bumps thread.

love
Caro
x

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm fairly new to this, what do you mean by twin bumps thread?

You have to spell things out for me as my brain cells have vanished.  :p

Thanks for all your support.
Toni :-*

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Toni
I also bled 10 days after my BFP
Congratulations on your fantastic news- I totally understand your feelings- chances are that all will be well- don't worry unnecessarily...
Sharing thoughts with you
Pippa

PS a thread is a subgroup of a topic (I think) but I haven't found twin bumps yet myself- can anyone help?

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:'( Sad news I am afraid girls. I went for a scan to check all was OK after the small bleed at the weekend only to find that although there are 2 babies there only one has a heartbeat.

The ACU say that it does not look promising. I just have to hope the other twin holds on in there.  :)

Thanks for you support and wish you all success.  :-*
Toni

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi girls

I thought that you might be the ladies to help me. I had a BFN after an IVF cycle last month. Having spent the last month doing everything that all the books tell you not to do I have today found out I'm pregnant! Having picked myself off the bathroom floor in shock I have today been to the clinic for an HCG test. Level of 357 at 15 dpo. This seems very high and twins run in the familly. Did all of you have very high levels on your first test?

Many thanks

Catey

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Firstly a great big congratulations on you  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^. My personal experience is that my levels first day of pregnancy (12 days post embryo transfere) were 116 then 3 days later they were 557 then 7 days later 10,500.

High levels indicate a multiple pregnancy but do not guarantee it.

They will be able to see at week 6/7 if you are having twins but ask the ACU then can tell you what they think.

Good luck with it and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Toni

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Catey
We had a very high HCG and this turned out to be twins- it's supposed to double every 40 hours and mine was 5151 sixteen days after embryo transfer... a maths problem for you. One of the things we were told by our consultant that the blood test they did at the clinic 10 days after transfer turned VERY quickly positive (we had gone for a walk convinced that we had yet another negative; we thought it was a formality. When we returned to the clinic they told us we needn't have waited - that is was a BFP!!! I went into denial thinking there must have been a mistake, my DH cried (as did the nurse) and even the consultant got emotional!!!)
Anyway I digress- good luck Catey. So far so good, except the bad symptoms of pregnancy seem to be doubled with twins and apparently there is no blooming in the 2nd trimester.
Love
Pippa

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.