Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Not sure how i managed  it but my twins are in a lovely 4 hours routine  :)  :) and are sleeping through.....
They are nearly 4 months old ( but were 2 months early so corrected age of 2 months)  Blake is 9lb7 and Brooke 8lb 3.
They feed at 6-7am 11am ish, 3pm ish, 7pm ish, but they are getting more and more reluctant to take the 11pm feed.  They take less than an ounce and it takes nearly an hour to get them to take it.  Its not that theyre too sleepy, cos i wake them up properly etc, theyre just not interested in taking it.  I tried putting them to bed after the 7pm the other night to see what happened and they slept through till 6.30am.  Surely its too soon for them to be going from 7-7?  Blake is having between 20-23 oz between 7am and 7pm and brooke is having 18-20 oz.
What can i do to get them to take this later feed?  I cant make them have it if they dont want it!!??
They demand very loudly if they do want feeding so Should i abandon trying to force feed them at 11pm and let them sleep through unless they want it earlier?

S
xx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya s

Based on the weights you have given me:

Blake- needs min 21oz/ 24hours

Brooke-needs min 18oz/24 hours

They may well be wanting to drop the 11pm one...so stop it and see what happens.

I wouldn't force them just let them sleep through. Ideally, try and make sure that they are still getting the min amount of milk they need.

Im sure you will still wake up at 11pm though  :)

A week after they have dropped this feed try and get them weighed.

Let me know how you get on

Jxx

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks J

I;ll see how they go this week, the Hvs coming out to see us Friday so i;ll see what the weight gain has been like without that 11pm feed.  I;ll let you know.

Thanks!
S
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts