Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all ;)

could anyone tell me how successful first time icsi is please?

Im on day nine of tww after 2 embies were transferred 23/05/08..1 grade 8A & 1 grade 7B
few symtoms i have are :::::constant tiredness, lower abdominal twinges, sore/tender boobs and moody at times..
are any of these pregnancy signs?? or the effects of progesterone pessaries?? im praying its a good sign ^pray^

good luck to all :)  would be greatful to anyone to get in touch if they are at the same stage as me ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Hello,
This is a minefield question as i think the sucess rate is all down to your own personal treatment and not how many other people it has worked for 1st time but i am sure everyone has different views. Are you looking for success rates for your clinic? Each clinic states different success rates mine for example (Live birth rate from using icsi) They have reported 31.% sucess rate. You can find details of your clinics actual reported success rates on the **** website http://guide.hfea.gov.uk/guide/

There are lots and lots of people it has worked 1st time on but sadley also for lots it does not i think it really is down to the individual treatment you have received. I am about to begin my first round of treatment next month and i hope it does work 1st time but i am prepaired for the negative outcome 1st time around also. Wishing you lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ 7 i hope you get your BFP first time around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
watn1::thank u so much for that reply ^hugme^
I had a look at the site and it was very helpful, my clinic says success rate for icsi is 41%, my hubbie says its pretty low but im staying positive...41% is better than 25% which some of the clinics are...im  ^pray^ for u and hope u r successful with yr treatment...x

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have no personal experience of this, but may well be heading down that road soon myself.  Hoping this brings good news for you and your husband soon. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mrsB:::u r so lucky to have conceived naturally with yr dh fertility problems, my dh has low sperm count i myself have no fertility problems, and we have been ttc since marriage 7 years ago, we are testing this friday after icsi treatment, its a long hard process but hopefully worthwhile at the end of it..wishing u the best and hope u get yr app soon ^hugme^

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Fabulous~ Wishing you loads of luck for testing tomorrow hunny  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ Can't give an answer as to whether symptoms are pregnancy or AF as they are so similar  ::) BUT if it helps our first icsi worked  ;) and DH had 98% abnormal morphology and a count on the day of 3million!!

Sam xxx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sam u must be so excited! congratulations! i like the way u had names (pumpkin & Boo)...cute!
That has encouraged me alot about it wrkin for u 1st time, hope im same tomoro!!! ^pray^ away that i get a  ^BFP^
Yr 1st scan 13th march is my dh birthday also! yr scan pic must be so valuable to u, i bet u show it off with pride :)
all the best with yr baby ^congrats^

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Ahhhh thanks hunny  ^hugme^

We named them Pumpkin & Boo as we knew they would be due on halloween if it worked  ;) We feel soooo lucky that we were lucky enough to have Pumpkin on board at the end of the 2ww. The wait was awfull naturally.... i had backache and a poorly tummy which were my normal AF signs  ::)
I was naughty and tested early on my birthday at 11dpo (5days past blast transfer) and got a faint positive.... luckily it kept getting stronger and here we are nearly half way through  ^pray^
Hope you have the same luck as us tomorrow & have ur own little pumpkin picture to show off  very soon  ;)

Sam xxx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sam:::awh i was so tempted to test early too but my dh has me warned not to, he has tomoro booked off so we can do it together which im glad now i stuck to..dh keeps ringin me today askin if i still have the little pains and twinges, so im hoping they r a gud sign as i think if i felt nothin then it wud be a bad sign, my brain is like mush thinkin about it all ^idiot^  we had 2 embies put in the grades were 8A & 7B so they are gud, did u have icsi? i wasnt sure how successful it was first time but bein on this site theres a few who have got preg 1st go...thanks for yr support ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Fabulous - good luck for tomorrow hun!

Sam - M was due on halloween too - she was born on November 15th!!! Stubborn little critter...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts