lets get chatting ;D

pam xx

P.s. the list is coming ;)

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hiya X's

i have posted a basic list containing names, as soon as you let me know what you want me to add to the list i'll update it, also i have locked the list so please post what you want on it here.

thanks girls

pam xx

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
^wave^ Pam

Great name  ^afro^

Well I am waiting in today for my drugs to arrive  ^scared^ ^scared^
we are at Guys on Wednesday to see the nurse about dates and drugs etc... think I am due to start on 17th May!  :-\

Hope you are all well and had a nice weekend.

Love to you all, Shaz xxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have added your info to the list hun, just give us a shout if i've got it wrong or if anything changes.

good luck for wed  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

pam xx

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Pam

Drugs just arrived - OMG!  Really looking forward to seeing the nurse so she can explain everything to me!

Thanks for adding me to the list, hope you are well.

Shaz xxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
changed the list hun  ;) not long now  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ if you have any questions about ivf, don't be scared to ask i'll help you if i can  ;D

what drugs are you going to be on ?? i had prostap to down reg, menogon for stims and then pregnyl trigger jab

i've got everything crossed for you, lets hope you'll be our first  ^BFP^ on the list  ;)

pam xx

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Not to sure what is what in the box but the delivery note lists:

Pessaries - NICE  ;D ;D
Gonal-F Pen  :eek:
Synarel Nasal Spray  :eek:
Ovitrelle Prefilled Syringe  :eek:

The time has come round so fast, I cant believe it is here. 
Heres hoping for a BFP!  :-\

Shaz x

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hiya all,

Sounds like a veritable concoction of fun for you Shaz - good luck! ^reiki^

I am going on holiday in one weeks' time and I can't wait!  JUst weighed myself and although I'm eating really healthily, I'm still putting on weight!  Help!!!!

Excellent list Pam - looks great!  My next appointment is 11th July and I'm meant to have lost a stone by then - doesn't seem very likely!
I've started back on the water tablets as my ankles are swelling from water retention, which I do suffer with when the weather gets warmer, so maybe that will help me to lose weight!  Fingers crossed!"

Hope you're all well,
Love to all,
Chris xx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Good luck with the tx shaz, hope it all goes well for you. ^reiki^

Chris, i was in a similar situation to you, i was told that i would have to lose a stone as i may respond better to tx if i did, my consultant told me to cut out bread basically, it was a bit like the Atkins diet except no bad breath or side effects!! ;D, i still had a healthy diet with lots of fruit + veg just no bread/pasta, i lost 11lb in 5 weeks and the iui was successful but unfortunately i m/c... It does work honest, Ive never put the weight back on... Good luck with it.

Pam could you add me to the list please, I'm ttc naturally at the mo but will be having iui again in July/august if no success ???.

Bye
Caroline

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi X,s  ;D

i have had a call from our social worker and she is coming to visit on the 23rd  ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ to discuss everything and let us know when our home study will start. i'm soooooo excited  ;D

chris and caroline i'm just off to add your details to the list now, please let me know if i get it wrong i can be a bit  ^dunce^ at times  ;D

pam xx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

I’m new to the site and spent most of yesterday afternoon reading the messages in this thread, it really helped to know that other people understand.

I was initially nervous about writing because when I read what most of you are going through I felt quite guilty for feeling so down about my situation.  I guess I should say a bit about me.  I've been happily married for nearly 6 years, I'm 31 (32 in July) , DH is 28 and we've been ttc for 2 years.  We've had a few tests and were diagnosed as un-x, although DH's tests were slightly off the first time round when they did a full analysis at the hospital they said they were all normal.  So the consultant told us that we have to wait until we've been ttc for 3 years and if nothing has happened by then she'll put us on a waiting list for IVF (which is currently 2-5 years).  As getting on the list is still a year away I've been giving some thought to possibly going for IVF privately (DH is not convinced yet).  I've been having reflexology since November and doing all the eating healthy, exercising more, even drinking green tea!!! but still nothing. (I have to confess to not completely giving up alcohol or chocolate but a girl's got to live!!)

I read Jen's story yesterday which revealed that she hadn't been receiving the correct tests and once she had they worked it out they were successful which was wonderful and it got me thinking that maybe there is a reason it's not happening for us, I mean there has to be doesn't there?  I just wondered what your views were on the waiting or potentially trying to go for private IVF (if we can gather the money together that is)?  As I said I feel guilty for being so unhappy and obsessed by it when I look at what some of you have been through, but I feel a bit like time is running away with us and all this being patient isn't really paying off (in fairness patience has never been one of my strengths).

Anyway it's nice to meet you all and hopefully become part of this group.  Thanks for listening

DC

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi DC,

Welcome to FF, the ladies here are all lovely and they made me feel very welcome so I'm sure it will be the same for you. :)

As you have probably read i have been ttc for nearly 6 yrs now and I've had most of the tests nearly all came back fine, just a query with recurrent m/c, consultant at nhs hospital disagrees with my consultant at private hospital..(always helpful).

I don't have any experience of going down the IVF route, my Dr. suggested IUI to me and dh as a first step if you like in fertility tx. My personal exp. of NHS over private is that private was better for me and dh evertime, we were kept upto date with everything, never made to feel like idiots if we didn't understand and overall nothing was to much trouble....But you are paying for that after all!! Hope it helps a little, I'm sure some of the other ladies will inform you of there exp of IVF.

Pam thanks for putting me on the list, hospital have confirmed a follow up for IUI in either July/August, so it's all correct.

Hope everyones well
Bye
Caroline

·
Registered
57 Posts
The ^storkgirl^ is Out There!
I've not been online the past few days but wanted to say love the new name! ^party^

And thanks to Pam ^bow^ for getting everyone organised - I'm glad us un-x ladies have got our own special club now. Also, v. exciting Pam re: the SW and home study progress, I hope it all goes brilliantly.

Caroline, thanks for the welcome and good wishes.

In terms of where I'm up to, I'm having a break from tx this cycle (unfortunately not even tfab on our own as my dh was away for the crucial days :-[), then next cycle (May / June) I plan to go back to iui with a renewed vigour. My last iui was natural but this time I'm going to go for clomid and even progesterone suppositories as I figure they're worth a try, what the hell I might even take baby aspirin. Anything the docs can throw at me.

In terms of other stuff am currently hassled by work and planning a holiday in June but not sure where to go (somewhere sunny but not too long haul, any suggestions?).....

Love,

Broody
x

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hiya everyone,

Thanks for the good advice Caroline1, I think I will try with the no bread thing when I get back from Malta - which I hear is an excellent place to go on holiday for some nice sunshine Broody, ( I wouldn't be going of course if I thought it would be poo!), and it's only just over 3 hours on the plane away!
Great news about the SW Pam - will be keeping everything (yes, EVERYTHING) crossed for you!  Oh, and my details are fine on the list ta, so thanks for doing that - it looks lovely!
Welcome DC and we all know what you're going through - the tests are still going on for me - think I'm a mystery! Also, I've been a bit obsessive just recently and I am getting a bit stressed with the fact that I'm 29 in July and I always said I wanted to have a child by the time I'm 30! 
However, I have also been thinking positive as my work colleague was trying for 9 years and following a FET became pg with triplets, but lost the twins, yet she has just recently given birth to a beautiful baby girl who she brought into work to show off.  I felt so jealous but so thrilled for her all at the same time.
So, there is always a silver lining to every black cloud - you've just got to find it!
Hope you're all well,
loads of love,
Chris xx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WELCOME TO THE UN-X-FILES DC​

i'm soooo pleased you have joined us, im looking forward to getting to know you. i'll add you to our list ;)

broody i'll update your details on the list hun ;)

pam xx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi girls,

Great to have our own place to chat :)

My news is I spoke to the hospital yesterday to say I haven't had a LH surge at all :( So could I go with a medicated FET, they said yes, you can't start d/r this week. After a chat with DH though we decided that really we can't afford to do it this month. So now I will probably start d/r in June and have FET early July.

We are both disappointed that we have to wait but it's just bad timing financially. We both are self employed and Andy can't rely on his clients definitely paying up over the next two weeks. Plus after paying out nearly £7000 for tx since September last year I think we should give our bank balance a break! :eek:

DC, welcome to the thread. My advice is to use the ovulation predictor kits, if you haven't already that is. Hopefully you won't be like me, and will get a positive reading on it. at least you know then exactly when you should be ^BMS^ :) It's worth a try whilst you are waiting to go further down the tx road. At least your consultant said to go with IVF, we wasted 2 years doing clomid and IUI first, at least that's how it feels now.

Chris, it's hard not too feel stressed out but your work colleague just goes to show that dreams can come true :) I'm sure your holiday will help you destress. When are you going?

Pam, yay, you got your appt date. fabby news.

Broody, I agree with you. Take whatever you can to help. I've been taking selenium and zinc too. Both supposed to be good for fertility. I recommend Portugal, we had lovely weather 2 years ago when we went in early June. Stayed at Monte Sao Pedro, Praia da Luz.

Hi to Caroline and Shaz too.

Leni x

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome, it's lovely to feel part of a group.

Broody, I went to Crete a couple of years ago which was lovely, the airport was a bit of a nightmare, but other than that it was lovely and the food was great, I can also recommend Sorrento, it was a bit more expensive and I think I put about 4 stone on in a week (are you seeing a pattern here) but it was beautiful.  We're off to the Dominican Republic in 4 weeks, I was so excited but recently found out that we have to take malaria tablets the week before we go, the two weeks we're there and for four weeks when we get back and the pharmacist has recommended we don't ttc during that time, so it looks like we need to take a couple of months off.  Maybe it'll give me a break mentally though.

Chris the no bread thing definitely works my Mum had to give up bread for a while before my wedding and the weight fell off her, I'm trying weight watchers at the moment which is going OK because I can still fit the chocolate in!!!!  A friend of mine is doing the slimmers world diet which seems to be really working for her too.

I decided to take the bull by the horns and go to see my GP today just for some general advice on potential tests we could have and an update on the waiting list time costs of treatment etc.  I'm not entirely sure why but I feel like I need to do something, maybe I'll feel like I've taken a little bit of control or something.  I was discussing things with a friend last night and she was stunned at the amount of time things take, it's funny how we just accept these things when we're in the middle of them, it was interesting to see it through someone else's eyes.  So I'll let you know what the doc says (if anything) today.

I've recently started taking the multi vitamins which are recommended for early pregnancy and preconception, rather than just taking folic acid, because kept reading about the benefits of various other vitamins and found it easier to take them all in one tablet, I'm not sure how it's going but one thing they that seem to help is breast tenderness, previously I had a full two weeks at the end of my cycle every month when they were unbelievably sore (which used to mess with my head because I thought it was a sign of pregnancy)  but I'm in week three at the moment and they're not sore at all, so maybe these vitamins are helping to balance things a bit.  What are the benefits of the baby asprin?

Thanks again to you all for such a warm welcome, it was so nice to come into work this morning and log on and find so many messages (speaking of which maybe I should do some work).

Keep smiling all.

DC

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

Firstly can I just say DC, Leni and Chris thanks so much for the suggestions on the short haul sunshine destinations. Personally I'm quite flexible on where we go but dh is against 'long flights in cattle' so 3-4 hours is probably our max. To be fair he is 6'4 (I'm only 5'3) so flying is a rather uncomfortable experience for him!

I was feeling uninspired but I'm getting in the mood now!  ^sunny^. I fancy going somewhere I've not been before which rules out Portugal, quite keen on the idea of Malta (which lastminute are doing a good deal on I happened to notice) and I've heard Crete is meant to be lovely also, so I'll definitely look into those destinations.

Chris I so know how you feel about birthdays. I was 31 when we started trying and my whole 'life plan' (seems daft now) dictated that I was going to spend five years focusing on pushing babies out, one after the other, with the aim of having three by the age of 35. Well, let's just say I turned 33 last week and there's no sign of even one :mad:! I used to love birthdays but they have become a bit depressing lately.

DC, I keep meaning to take lots of vits, from what I've read it's beneficial and especially for us un-x ladies where there is often no other obvious explanation. I mean you wouldn't hear the docs saying that more the slightly 'alternative' crowd like Zita West and Marilyn Glenville but I think it's good sense and it can't do any harm. Baby aspirin, I believe it aids implantation. It's sometimes prescribed to women having ivf, but lots of women ttc naturally or with other treatments take it too.

Anyway, ttfn and take care fellow un-x ladies.

Broody
x

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Hi to all the 'X's!
Just thought I'd say hello as I'd not had chance till now to look at the new Un-X-Files home. Amazing to see how quickly a thread gets going - we girls are so efficient!! ;D ;D
Pam, good luck on the 23rd, hope it all goes well for you, I'm sure it will. If you want to put something on the list, I'm waiting for a scan this weekend to see if I'm about to ovulate after taking letrozole pills  ::) then it's hopefully full steam ahead (I hope DH is ready!) then the 2ww. I don't know about everybody else but that bit's almost worse than the AF... I'm so impatient and I get obsessive about it.
Shaz, I don't know much about IVF but dread to think what you have to do with a gonal F pen, sounds grim to me..... hope you find something creative to do with it.
Hi DC, I can sympathise with you giving lots of things up, and yeah wine and chocolate are my weakness too. Keep at it, but don't deprive yourself too much, a bit of what you like is good for you .... keep up with the zinc and seleneum, I hear zinc helps you absorb all the other vitamins. Evidently it's good for the boys as well!! I have to make sure DH does his bit as well - has anybody been out with their other halves in the mens underwear section??? We invested in some new trolleys last month, so I think he was a bit disappointed that they weren't an instant success!!  :eek:
Broody, I can also recommend Malta, a lot of the beaches are just rock, so if you're into lying on a beach, let me know I can recommend something. Could do with some sun myself.
Anyway, I think I'm rambling - which I'm prone to when I get going!
All the best to everybody in the Un-X-Files.

Lou xx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hello to all of you - now there's more of us, I have to spend ages reading what everyone's put, and I always forget what I am going to write when I finally get to post my message!  I'm just dreading how much I'm going to have to catch up on when I get back from holiday! I'll have to spend most of a day reading them!
How is it all going? I'm just thinking of all the "quality" time DH and I are going to have over 2 weeks in Malta( going next Tues), I think I may be more tired when I get back from my holiday than I was when we went - if I get my own way!!!!! ^evil^
Welcome to the thread Lou Demi and good luck with the scan on the weekend.  Fingers crossed....
Take the plunge and book your holiday now Broody - it will give you something to aim for, and think of all of the "cuddling" you can do while you're away - it can only improve your chances!!!
Following the advice here, I think I may have to invest in some baby aspirin - I think I must rattle when I walk considering all of the tablets I take - Folic Acid, Zinc, Selenium ACE, Vitamin C and Evening Primrose oil.
I heard that Vitamin A is bad if you take it while you're ttc, but I can't find Selenium on it's own anywhere. Anyone heard this or got any suggestions?
Hiya Pam - hope you're well,
And to everyone else!!!!!  Gotta go cos my father in law's just got back from Cyprus - also a lovely place to go on a short haul holiday, and I think he may have pressies!!!
Take care,
love to all
Chris xx ^confused^

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.