9,111 Posts
Simply .................. No ^smash^

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Amanda

Thanks.

In my heart I know that the answer is "no" but in my head I need to understand why the answer is "no" and that there is some medical hope.

Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - Give baby a hug/pat from me. xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Dee

There is an answer for you out there with someone, i'm sure of it.

Baby just kicked me to day hello to you & said to hold on !!!

Love Amanda x x x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Dee
As you have said, Good quality eggs and good sperm......there has to be an answer out there for you, it just dont add up, but dont give up, you can't with good eggs and good sperm, one day I am sure you will get your dream, just hang on.

I hope Peter can give you some answers soon

Love and hugs
Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Dee

Juel asked Peter to help her because her clinic have told her to use donor eggs.
He more or less said try another clinic.
I am no expert but there has been a lot of evidence that changing the drug from menopur to gonal f or puregon has made a vast difference. So cant understand him saying it wont.
And as for all the other stuff they dont seem to be able to do much. I would definately get a second opinion. As you say 3 good quality eggs and good quality sperm it doesnt add up that you need donor eggs.

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
665 Posts
Dee ^Cuddle^

Please don't give up buddy (i hear the words pot,kettle & black!!! ;)) i have been totally deflated the last few months but i'm up & fighting again now...my clinic gave me no hope at all unless i use DE :( but i went for a 2nd opinion last week & the new clinic aren't so quick to give up on the old crock just yet ;)...please please get a 2nd opinion Dee,every clinic has different opinions.
luv & hugs
juel xx

p.s i had more mature eggs when i used gonal f opposed to menopur but as i said last night i was also on dexamethazone steriods so i'm not sure which if any helped...but something did ^spot^

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Dee,

As all the girls have so rightly said NO dont you dare give up, your history suggests to me also that a second opinion is in need here sweetheart, your being too hard on yourself.

Please do not give up hope, take note from all your replies, they know what they are talking about ;D

^Cuddle^

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Dee,

I'm with everyone else on this one - I think you are far from the point of having to 'give up'!

I too disagree that a change in drugs wont make any difference. I've had 6 ICSI cycles all bar one using Gonal F. The odd cycle I had, I used Menopur and had my worst response, so reverted back to Gonal F for subsequent cycles.

I do think that we all try to look for too many answers though - reasons why things aren't working. I think it's easy to get carried away thinking that Good Eggs + Good Sperm = Good Embryo's.

At the end of the day, these are only 'Good' from the perspective of what can be viewed under a microscope - the making of a baby is so complex, that there must be so much that cannot be seen under the microscope. The thing is, when we go through all this lovely treatment, everything is so scrutinised. The fact is, many people may bonk away until their hearts content, fertilised a good egg, with a good sperm, get a good embyro - but they wouldn't know it. This good embryo may then go on and implant, or it may not.... there is no answer for this, but most people wouldn't even know at that point that they'd even got as far as producing a good embryo.

With me - as I've said, it took 6 ICSI attempts for me to achieve pregnancy. Now, we know that the chances of our previous failures were due to poor sperm quality - but this was not a definate, more an assumption as we have Male Factor infertility. However, we did produce some good embryos during those cycles - and although they were good, they never went on to implant.

With shear belief and determination - I went for my 6th cycle, had 3 'good' embies put back, all with Assisted Hatching, and yet although all three were 'good' only one took! Now whether that was the best of the three we'll never know.

So, the gist of what I'm trying to say, is don't give up - too much emphasis is put on the quality of embryo's when pregnancy can be and has been achieved for many, with low grade embies - if it wasn't feasible, Clinics would not even go down the line of replacing them.

Sorry this is long winded - Please hang in there, please get a second opinion. I really do believe your dream is around the corner.

Lots of Love,

Sue ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Dee

I just want to say that I can understand your predicament but I agree with the other girls. Definitely NO.

I too am a poor responder and I only had 5 eggs with Menopur but with Gonal F I had 9 follices with 8 eggs which is better. I only had 3 good quality embies and waiting to test tomorrow although I feel that it hasnt worked this time --again!! but I am not ready to give up my dream yet. I changed clinics after the last IVF (had two IUIs before) and I am much happier at the clinic I am now, and even if it doesnt work this time, I am still happy about the treatment.

Sue: Your post has really given me heart, I mean 6 ICSI attempts are really brave and courageous. And here I am being drained on my second IVF.... (I have had 2 failed IUIs). Because of my age (I am 37) I think I am going to go for AH next time, because I think that is another step that we can take. THank you again because I was really feeling very down today "kind of knowing" that I might have to face another attempt, but your story has really given me a buzz.

Hugs
Fiffi

·
Registered
130 Posts
Dee

Ditto to evryone elses messages, I know it's easier said than done but don't give up yet it really will happen I'm sure.

Take care

Love Clarexx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Dee,

ABSOLUTELY no way are you to give up hun.

Echoing the others a second opinion is what you need.

Lainex

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evening Girls

Thank you all ... Amanda (& Baby), Jo, Kim, Juel, Carol, Mel, Paula, Sue, Fifi, Clare and Laine. ;D ;D Where would we be without each other to help us through the moments of insanity???

I know the answer to my own question .... I won't be giving up just yet. To coin a phrase ... we may have lost the battle but we will win the war!!!!

I agree with you all ... I think a change of tactics is going to be required.

Firstly, I want to see what Peter has to say ... a little more background knowledge can't noy help. Then for a second opinion (once I get my notes through) ... any recommendations for anywhere in the North East?

Oh and Kerry, I will see my GP too ... I promise.

Love and hugs
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Sorry Dee

I have only just seen this.

NO you do NOT give up! A change in clinic may be more appropriate. ;D

Good Luck

Love Lou xxxx

P.S Try Gonal F or Puregon

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lou

Don't apologise ... you had enough to deal with yesterday!

I know miracles don;t happen overnight and the pain takes a long time to go away but hope you are feeling a tiny bit better today.

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - Am I reading right??? Have you not had a laparoscopy? Why not?

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Thanks Dee

I took it out on the garden today, all the bushes and hedges got a VERY good haircut with the chainsaw! ^shocked^

Love Lou xxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Cause Mr Blair didnt let me :(

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds a bit like they have been with me. And they are still saying no ... I should have womb xray as it is less invasive and no GA.

Going to see my GP and sound him out.

xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Im going to be naughty and claim on my insurance, he, he! I have very painfull periods you see.................. :-\

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sneaky!!! ;) Good Luck! Might have to look into that one myself! ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts