Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,
I would be really gratefull if you could give me your expert opinion on my chances of success with DE.
My history is as follows;
3 easily concieved natural p/g's back in 1999/2000,all sadly ended in m/c in 1st trimester.
No p/g since
Hcg/lap showed adhesions in my uterus(i feel due to erpc as i had terrible burning after it)....now removed.
Then;
FSH 10 LH 10.9 inhibin showed very low ovary reserve so went on to have short protocol icsi
7 eggs recovered,only 2 were mature..1 fertilised,-ve result
2nd icsi 8 eggs recovered , 5 mature but none fertilised.

My clinic now say that my egg quality must be really poor so DE is my only hope.
My worry is that my lining failed to thicken during my last tx so even if we had got some emby's they would have had to be frozen.
We seem to have so much stacked against us but i'm not sure whether going the donor route would by pass my problems & i really don't want to put us through anymore stress if my chances are slimm.
My clinic say that our chances are about 30% but they never seem to answer my questions directly which worrys me as i wonder if they just want our money.
They have said that they'd do a mock cycle to see if my lining thickens with HRT.
Do you think that i m/c'd because of my poor egg quality? as a cause was never found.
Sorry to waffle on Peter but i'm really confused by it all!!

Thank-you so much for your work on this site,it's very much appreciated
luv
juel

p.s i'm 36

·
Registered
856 Posts
Juel said:
Hi Peter,
I would be really gratefull if you could give me your expert opinion on my chances of success with DE.
My history is as follows;
3 easily concieved natural p/g's back in 1999/2000,all sadly ended in m/c in 1st trimester.

Any information on why they miscarried?

No p/g since
Hcg/lap showed adhesions in my uterus(i feel due to erpc as i had terrible burning after it)....now removed.
Then;
FSH 10 LH 10.9 inhibin showed very low ovary reserve so went on to have short protocol icsi

Is there a sperm problem? These figures are all OK, I see no indication for ICSI on your part.

7 eggs recovered,only 2 were mature..1 fertilised,-ve result
2nd icsi 8 eggs recovered , 5 mature but none fertilised.

These are very low fertilisation rates with ICSI and can be cuased either by poor sperm quality or poor ICSI practitioners.

My clinic now say that my egg quality must be really poor so DE is my only hope.

I see no medical evidence for this. There is much more likely to be a sperm problem.
You need to ask for either sperm DNA fragmentation studies or aneuploidy screening of your embryos (preferably both). This will then give some real evidence about what is going on. At present your clinic seems to be guessing.

My worry is that my lining failed to thicken during my last tx so even if we had got some emby's they would have had to be frozen.

Not the end of the world, natural cycle FET is often very successful.

We seem to have so much stacked against us but i'm not sure whether going the donor route would by pass my problems & i really don't want to put us through anymore stress if my chances are slimm.

I think that you should have your case carefully reviewed and move to another clinic if your current one cannot be a bit more precise.

My clinic say that our chances are about 30% but they never seem to answer my questions directly which worrys me as i wonder if they just want our money.

My worry as well!

They have said that they'd do a mock cycle to see if my lining thickens with HRT.

Possibly worth a try if the lining is thought to be the problem.

Do you think that i m/c'd because of my poor egg quality? as a cause was never found.
Sorry to waffle on Peter but i'm really confused by it all!!

It's impossible for me to guess the answer to this but from what you have said it all sounds more like a possible sperm problem, unless the ICSI embryologists are incompetent of course!!(which I doubt). You need to quiz them about there overall fertilisation rate with ICSI, it should be in the 80-90% range if they are competent.

Good luck!

Peter

Thank-you so much for your work on this site,it's very much appreciated
luv
juel

p.s i'm 36

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for your reply Peter, it has been really helpful- regarding my m/c's no cause was found.
DH had 2 sperm tests one was fine,the other was ok as far as quantity,shape,etc but they said that 70% of them didn't last the 24 hrs ??? He also had 3 tests done at another hospital 2 yrs ago,2 of them were ok the other one showed a small % were oddly shaped but at the time of test he was on steriods as he'd had a bad asthema attack,hence doing the 3rd test which as i say was ok.
My clinic are adamant that my egg quality is really poor as my inhibinB was only 48 & they would have expected it to be between 100&150 for someone of my age -36 but my FSH was "only" 10??
I hate to say it but as we're funded i fear that they may be exploiting the NHS as they strongly recomended ICSI & AH because of my raised LH levels
I have always felt very confused by our history/test results & feel that i will seek a second opinion as you suggested.
Thanks again Peter
luv
juelxx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Juel :)

Just read what Peter said, I know you go to the same clinic as me, I have already decided to change to Coventry, Peter has said they are quite good.

I wish you every luck in the world and hope you get your answers soon, so you can move on to a more positive place.

Thinking of you and you DH

SUZ
:-* :-*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts