Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to ask this so sorry if I've put it in the wrong place.. We have 3 unused Cetrotide injections left, all sealed up but have no idea what to do with them. We were hoping the chemist may take them back because they were very expensive and tbh we could really do with the money, but the chemist won't take them back.

Has anyone else had leftover drugs and if so what did you do with them?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Unfortunately you're very unlikely to be able to get a refund on drugs which have been dispensed. Some drugs have a long shelf life and can be kept in case you need them for any further cycles (which hopefully you won't need). Any unused meds should be taken to a pharmacy or to your clinic for them to dispose of. You aren't able to sell the meds as that's illegal. It's a bummer and most of us find ourselves with leftover meds at some point.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Yeah I remember one of my cycles being cancelled and me having to "dump" hundreds of pounds worth of drugs.  Gutted.  Ok in that instance I personally hadnt paid for them as it came under my nhs entitlement but I then had to pay for the next tx as NHS goes were exhausted and they changed my drug protocol....

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
You can give them back to a clinic, the same way you would to a pharmacy.

It sucks that there's so much wastage sometimes but there's no way around it.

Cath x

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read that in the US they have schemes where you can donate unused meds to people who are struggling with the costs, it's crazy that there is nothing like that in the UK. I guess we'll have to take them to the clinic.

Our ICSI cycle worked and we have twins on board  :)  :) and also 5 frosties in store so very unlikely that we'll need them (all fingers and toes crossed!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts