Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Lost touch with FF in sept 07 at about 18 weeks, when all the debate about splitting up the LGB threads etc was going down.... Just sneaking a quick look around FF tonight for the first time since then. So glad to see so many success stories and I have mine to add  :)

My darling son Jaxson Mandela Korurangi Seaboryne was born on Valentines day, 3540 g (7ib 13 oz). I got induced at 39w4d as my obst didnt want me to go past term and she only worked 1 day per week. Not bad for aged 45 huh? Defied all midwife.obst predictions of high bp, IUGR, preterm delivery....Had 7 hours of labour but his head was stuck and so didnt dilate beyond 4cm as his head couldnt reach my cervix to push things along further. So c section for me, which apart from missing out on the delivery experience was a breeze, no pain relief needed.

He is named after Nelson Mandela ( I spent many years working for the anti-apartheid movement in the 1980's and my darling egg donor friend Mandy, Korurangi is Maori (indigneous New Zealander) for galaxy of stars (sperm donor is part  Maori). He is just fantastic but had been greatly troubled with severe colic - which is at it's worst 2-7 am, so still running on about 4 hours sleep a night at 10 weeks... he is worth every minute though. Bombed with the breastfeeding, despite doing everythng possible, just not enough milk and he lost too much weight, so formula feed but managed to provide 2 bottles of expressed breast milk to 9 weeks but that took 3 hours of expressing a day and I just couldnt keep it going... still suckles for comfort though.

Not yet caught up on how everyone is going. Alison - so sorry ( belatedly) to hear about Alex passing away..... must still be so tough for you both..... I hope things are getting easier and less stressful with Christopher.... I know I watch Jaxson like a hawk and he had never had any major scares since he was born. I did have several occassions of reduced foetal movements in the last 4 weeks and was scared stiff with each trip to hospital for CTG.

Pem has a wee daughter - how fantastic!!!

Looking forward to catching up with you all, will take me a wee while to trawl through all the old messages....

A special hi and hugs to all those still struggling TTC, LGB in waiting and those who have come to the end of the road - my thoughts are with you all.

Keen to plan for baby number 2 - still have 6 more A grade embryos in freezer but DP Ro very unkeen...major source of friction between us alas.... because of my age, career options and money will need to proceed sept or so if we are going to... trying to ignore the conflict right now and just enjoy Jaxson. Also fighting need to go back to work as I just want to be with him.. taken over 20 years for me to get my baby... dont want to miss a thing.

Love and best wishes to all
Sharyn (starfish 3), New Zealand

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hey Sharyn, good to hear your update (and from beautiful New Zealand too!). Many congrats on the birth of Jaxson. Cool name. Must be going well if your planning #2 already!!!

I've added you and Jaxson to the updated Who's Who list.

Take care,
Minty
xxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Sharyn I have PM'd you but huge congratulations on Jaxson's birth- a reall cute baby and fabulous name.
L x

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Massive congrats to you!!!

Your experience with bf is almost identical to mine, glad i am not the only one with not enough milk and a hungry baby!!

He is lovely and the name is fab!!!

Ema x

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Sharyn, great to hear from you and especially to get news of the birth of Jaxson. What amazing names he has - it was great to read about all the different meanings/connections.

Sorry to hear that breastfeeding hasn't really worked out for you - it's hard when your body just won't co-operate to do something that you feel that it should be able to do naturally and easily. Breastfeeding might be "natural" but it just isn't usually particularly easy! He will thrive though, and the love he gets from you is so much more important than breastmilk  ;)

I hope that you manage to work things out re ttc#2 - trying to stay level-headed about this kind of major issue when you are functioning on so little sleep with a newborn is nigh-on-impossible. Definitely worth trying to put it aside for now! I hope that Jaxson's colic improves soon x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts