Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, not sure if this is the right place for this but I have just been sent an email regarding a certain Lindam baby gate that they are recalling due to a safety fault. Heres a copy of the email: -

Fwd: Important information regarding the recall of two lindam nursery safety gates

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2008/6/2
Subject: Important information regarding the recall of two lindam nursery safety gates
If you're having problems viewing this message, please click here.
Go to Argos.co.uk

Product Recall: Lindam Safety Gates
Argos Catalogue numbers
375/3086 (Lindam model LD145) and
375/3282 (Lindam model LD146)
We have identified a problem with a batch of Lindam saftey gates where the plastic hinge that retains the gate within the frame may fail in use. This will result in the gate becoming detached from the frame and the potential for injury.

If the hinge is damaged or broken then there is also a further potential for injury if the gate becomes detached and ceases to be an adequate barrier to potentially hazardous situations.

We have decided therefore to recall the product(s).

Safety gates that are affected can be identified in the following ways - the plastic used in the hinge mechanism is white not blue and the stairgate will be marked with a model number along the bottom bar of the gate.

Affected model numbers are LD145 and LD146. If you have one of these numbers your product is affected, any other model numbers are unaffected.

Please see the adjacent images which will help you identify the hinge and model number.

If you own one of the affected safety gates, please stop using it immediately and return it to your nearest Argos store for a full refund.

If you have passed the product on to anyone else or know someone who has this product please alert them to this email.

No other Lindam or Argos product is affected by this issue.

Yours sincerely

Argos Customer Services

This is an email from Argos Limited. Registered in London (Company Number: 1081551).
Registered Office: Avebury, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK9 2NW.
VAT Registration Number: GB 145 8990 25

/links

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
I was just about to post the same thing as I got the Argos email as well!

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I'm going to move you to the Parenting General chat section just for a while to be sure everyone sees this.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I've got 3 well 4 mum has 1 of the easy fit safety plus gate!  didn't get from Argos thou so guess should get in touch with where I got them from to see what they are doing

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it the same model number as the ones being recalled? i have 2 but luckily they're ok

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
is it on them anywhere don't have the boxes anymore.  Searching on Argos using their product numbers from the e-mail brings up the ones we have but don't know if their is different numbers or anything

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its on the bar at the bottom and if its that model (as stated above) then it should also have a white hinge on it instead of the blue ones on mine

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
there is nothing on the Lindam site so I've e-mailed them asking if I should return mine
thank you ours should be OK then have blue hinge

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
ours has the blue hinge to.... phew

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Clare,
Will be interesting to here what Lindam come back to you with.
We have three of the gates.  However, whilst the Argos catalogue numbers match with what we have the model numbers don't?  Ours are LD67 (I think .. I looked earlier whilst the munchkins were running around!).
Ours two have the blue hinges ... interestingly, one actually has snapped!  I thought it was our fault ... maybe not?!?
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
ours are LD67 too but match one of the ones in the Argos catalouge.
I've had a recipt to say read but no reply.

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Please let us know when you do, Clare  ;)

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Will do will copy and paste what ever I get from them. Just thought that it would be on their site and nothing, so i asked for detials and what to do as I hadn't purchased mine from Argos so was only thru word of mouth I had heard anything

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
thank you Dee so its only newer ones!  Mine were bourght before Dec, and def don't have that hinge

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
here we go this is the reply that I got from Lindam. It is only ones made for Argos

Dear Clare

The only gates that have been recalled are the Argos models LD145 and 146.

These gates were made exclusively for Argos and there was an issue with the hinge on a handful of gates.

All other Lindam gates are absolutely fine, the easy fit plus gates that you have do not have any problems.

I am sorry for any worries that you might have experienced.

Best regards

Pat Jones
Customer Services

1 - 17 of 17 Posts