Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a radio interview a few weeks ago saying that men get very turned on by the smell of vanilla...i dont like it so we dont have it at the house.. but when we were in a store recently dh said whatsa that smell and went straight to the vanilla candles... he said. oh it smells so good like something i could eat, its made me feel really hungry...
Suprising because he's never been bothered by smells before and usually cant smel anything!!
does anyone elses dh like vanilla.. does it make a diference to your sex life??

·
Registered
453 Posts
I find the smell of vanilla comforting rather than sex-inducing !! I used to wear vanilla scent when I first met DH and he said I smelt like ambrosia custard , didn't do much for him !!
Worth a try though ??
Tj x

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I used to have some Vanilla perfume and whenever I used dh would say 'ooh have you been baking'. I would definately agree that it was comforting rather than erotic!

Emma

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
i read somewhere that vanilla is supposed to remind people of mothers milk and being breatfed so I guess thats why it is comforting.

Ylang Ylang is supposed to be a very sensual smell though...

enjoy

sal
x

·
Registered
79 Posts
Read somewhere that "vanilla" is a contraction of "vaginella" and (sounds mad) I do think that at fertile times I smell a bit like vanilla!

Doesn't explain my ice-cream habit!
Pointy

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Dh loves vanilla, the taste and the smell, so i often have vanilla shower gel from boots, and he loves it  ;D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Have you noticed that sweet chestnut trees smell of  ^sperm^?

Sorry, I know that's lowering the tone a bit! ;D

jess x

·
Registered
165 Posts
ha ha ha ha i just nearly fell off my chair i'm really going to have to find one of those trees to sniff just to see.

how can you lower the tone on the sex and bms catagory lol

Sam

xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi,

I've just bought a toy dog which smells of vanilla for my ds so am worried now what will happen is dh and dog are in the room alone together  ;D

Suzy

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I work for The Body Shop and we are told that Vanilla is in fact an aphrodisiac!!!

We sold loads of it around Valentines day!!!  :)

xxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
^roflmao^ at sweetchestnut tree whiff !  We call them Cum Trees !!!!!!!!!!!!! ^roflmao^

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
^roflmao^ @ sniffing trees! all ff members will be doing it!

^roflmao^ @ dh and dog ^roflmao^

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
LOL!

Just a quick post here to let you know I was in The Body Shop this afternoon and they've got a sale on.  ^afro^ In the one I went to they were selling Vanilla room and linen spray cheap.  If you don't want to smell like custard then maybe getting your sheets smelling nice, might put him in the mood... ^BMS^

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
A different slant on vanilla ...

When I was pregnant I couldn't stand the smell of the stuff ... had a bottle of vanilla handwash in the bathroom that I had to put away in the cupboard cause if anyone used it I felt sick.  After Freddie was born I got it out again and found I still couldn't stand it?

Odd thing is, when I told one of my mates, she said she was exactly the same when she was pregnant and seven years on still hates the smell?

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - ^roflmao^ at the tree sniffers!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
^roflmao^ @ the tree sniffers.  We had one in the back garden of our last house, can't say I ever noticed!

Karen x

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I must admit my husband and I are curious about the chesnut trees! We are on a mission to find one now just to see if you women are off yer' rockers as my parents in the southern USA would say ;)

And not to ignore the orginal topic, I like vanilla and take bubbles baths with a vanilla bubbly and my husband loves it. Of course he always mentions I smell yummy instead of sexy. He likes subtle scents or the smell of my skin after a bath or shower.

I know lavendar as that effect. However, I find it very strong and only like it outdoors in passing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.