Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies!

My E2 seems to have risen since the last profile done, it's increased by about 40pmol/L.

Does anyone know if this level varies and swings alot or if you get a rising level it signifies it's permanently on the up?

Bit of a dumb question really as  I know hormones can fluctuate wildly. Just trying to make sense of things at the moment.

Thanks

SS xx

G

·
Hi Sally - I know what you mean about needing to know!....they do vary every month so try not to worry. What was your FSH?

xxx

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lukey,

FSH: 10 and Dr T wasn't interested in this. The month before I had FSH: 8.2 and E2: 160.

When you look at this objectively it's not a great amount of difference. 200 pmol/L works out as aroun 54 pgml and that's considered normal.

I remember you telling  me on here b4 that Dr T prefers E2 to be below 150 re OHSS and optimal outcome.

Hope you're doing well and have had a good review appt at the Lister.

SS x

G

·
blimey - you have a good memory ;D ;D......all good with me thanks. I think his need for a low number is not OHSS related at the moment (that is the later E2 numbers when you are stimming) but more to ensure you are at proper baseline, if you see what I mean ;) ;)

All fine with me and yes I am still on the baby-trail!

xxx

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear it too!  ^bigbad^ Dogged determination is not for the faint hearted but is what's needed in IVF  :)
Such tough going at times tho  ^hugme^

Oh I get you - him wanting a more desirable baseline or platform to start on.

^pray^ all will be fine

xxxxx

G

·
Hi SS,

When I had day 1 bloods taken for my frozen cycle my E2 was very high which concerned me, but then the following month it was back down again ready for the next cycle, so the levels really can fluctuate.

Good luck!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
x

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Little Bee!

Glad to hear from you and Lukey that the levels fluctuate.

Good luck for your test on the 30th!  ^reiki^

SS xxxxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts