Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just thought I would post our experience on here for any post vas patients ttc.  DH had his revresed Sept 06, it worked but the semen analysis wasn't great, the count was very high over 70 mil but the motility was reduced, he only had 11 million live sperm in the ejaculate that could swim well. Given that they say that only 1 in 10 sperm will reach the egg it didn't seem great odds. However, we have been ttc naturally since Jan 07 and after 14months I am now pregant, I know it took a while but I think that was more about me than him as I was all over the place last year and I have been having reflexology and it reduced my stress.  Either way, vas reversals DO WORK so don't give up hope..
Good luck
Jojoxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
HI congratulations on your BFP!!!

this is a great success story! this is such an inspiration for all of us who have been through/waiting for VR!!!
I love reading the stories like this!

how long has it been since the vasectomy, if you dont mind me asking?

congratulations again and hope you have an easy and enjoyable pregnancy!!!

Best wishes

Irina

·
Registered
460 Posts
^pompom^  ^BFP^  ^pompom^

Wow this is so great to hear, gives us all hope!  Congratulations Jojo and DH!!!  ^hugme^

Laura
xxx

·
Registered
398 Posts
hi jojo,

thats great news congratulations on your bfp.

It really is great to hear success stories.

how we are as lucky.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your kind words
Irina, his reversal was 18 months ago but we didn't start trying straight away, he had 2 tests both were good in terms of count, but motility was poor he has been taking high dose zinc for a year and we started trying last year, so it took about a year to conceive but I had my problems too, I didn't ovulate every month.  I did have my legs in the air this month to help the spermies along their way, I also took aspirin cause I have lazy heart and had lots of  ^BMS^.
Goos luck and keep me posted
jox

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats fantastic news hope you have a happy healthy 9 months

love
Clair

::) ::) ::)

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's fantastic Jojo, thanks for sharing. I know when i was ttc it was success stories that kept me going.

Funny that legs in the air business, i did that too, once i knew it was the right day using my clearblue digital fertility monitor we did the  ^BMS^ and then i stayed on the bed with pillows under my hips, what a sight! but it worked!

Have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Kerri xx

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi,

That is fantastic news, as someone else said, we all love a happy ending and I think it also highlights that you don't have to give in to deep despair if not pregnant 5 minutes after the VR!

Re the legs in the air though, how long for and do you use pillows or what. We need the full details as am prepared to try anything that has worked for someone else!

xx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi hogmeister,

to be honest it's all very non-scientific  ^idiot^ but i read somewhere that after  ^BMS^ you should tilt your hips upwards by popping two or three pillows under them and stay lying on the bed for as long as you can, the gravity helps the  ^HappySperm^ to reach their destination. I just did it for half an hour or so then took the pillows out and slept.

Another thing i heard of many years ago whilst attending a lecture at Liverpool university and this bit is scientific  ;D is that if a woman climaxes after the man, the cervix does a sort of 'dipping' action into the semen and helps 'scoop' it into the right direction, in this lecture they had a film of a cervix doing just that and it was pretty convincing...sorry if this is too much info! but hey, some of us will try anything! :eek:

Kerri x

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Kerri,

Never tmi when ttc is concerned! Will use the 3 pillow technique next month and saw that film that you are referring to too a few years ago and it stuck in my mind and makes perfect sense.

xx

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did a yoga move, flat on my back legs in the air and made a diamond shape with my legs to open the cervix more, I did that for about 15 mins.  I should mention also i had reflexology and it seemed to regulate my cycle and reduce AF symptoms before I got lucky. If you can afford it I would definitely recommend it.  When I went to her before I did a test she said that my ovaries had shut down which was strange and that perhaps I wasn't going to ovulate the next month then of course I didn't cause I was pregnant, so the foot knew.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts