Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all.

I just wondered if anyone could recommed a surgeon to perform a vasectomy reversal for my husband?

Thanks in advance.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Jo

Sorry I can't help you, we had this done a few years ago with no success, in the end we had to go for ICSI.

I hope it all works out in finding a good surgeon.

All the best
SUZ
XXX

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Hiya Jo And welcome to FF!!

What area are you from?
My DH has had a sucessful vasectomy reversal but he had his done on the NHS - im guessing because you are looking for a certain surgeon you are going private??

This is the link to the mens room, it can help with male factors of infertility, maybe if you posted your query in there with the area you live in, someone may be able to help?
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,35.0.html

I hope you find the surgeon your after hun and that your DH's reversal is sucessful.
Good luck to you both hun!
Love
Nicky x x x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Jo

My dh had vasectomy reversal done at hartlepool clinic, by Dr Andrew Dawson, unfortunately it wasnt successful, but there was a few problems after he had vasectomy, so the chances of it working went great, but Dr Dawson is a lovely man, and you can even watch the operation if you want to, their website is vasectomyreversals.co.uk

good luck

love
bitbit
xxxxxx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Jo

You should check out vasdoctor.com it is a very interesting website with lots of information and stats.  The clinic is however based in the states but the fees are about the same as here if not a bit cheaper.  Even if you do not intend travelling to the states, you could ask them to send you an info pack as it will answer a lot of questions for you one way or the other.  I have done a bit of research into this area as my partner had a vasectomy 10 years ago, we are now 4 years into our relationship and the question of having a baby together just won't go away, unfortunately I have no children and he has 3 and really doesn't want any more and I really can't blame him, but it's a really horrible frustrating situation for me.  Most of the time I am fine with it, but other days it is all consuming.  I hope you are coping with your situation.  I'm finding it a bit more difficult with Christmas coming up and buying his kids and my friends kids and my sisters kids lots of presents, it makes me feel a little left out.  But hey life is good, I really have little to complain about in the whole scheme of things.  Good God, when you think of what is happening in Sudan it puts it all in perspective.

Hope this info is of some help to you, take care and good luck with you quest!

Cheers

Eve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts