Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

OK so I am thinking ahead here, k only being 4m on Wednesday....

Just wanted to see if anyone is bringing up their baby/child veggie and looking for guidance really.  We havent decided for definite yet and I want to do this properly if we decide to do it.  DP and I are both veggie- have been for about 9 years.

When I was pg I was very careful as to what I ate to compensate but also would have eaten meat during pgy if the health professionals said I needed to IYKWIM...

So, any advice anyone?

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
There's no reason why you can't bring your LO as a vegetarian if that is what you want to do, just make sure she gets a good varied diet in the same way that you and your dh do. My friend is a vegan and has brought both of her children up as vegans without too many problems - the worst thing that has happened is catching them almost eating things they shouldn't and I have never seen her move so quick. ;D ;D

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Hello,

I'm a strict vegetarian and i really would love to have my baby eaten only vegetarian food but i personally feel that she needs to have meat to help her grow but i will be feeding her vegetarian food as well.

Hopefully one day when she make her own choice she will be like her mummy  ;D

If anyone knows a good vegetarian book for babies can you let me know please.

xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all.  Chux- have added that link to my favourites!

Hugs- little Aimee is doing so well hon and I can understand why you will be going down the some meat route after all you have been through.  I really dont have an issue with cooking K meat if I find veggie route too difficult or if it is found she is missing anything. We had problems with her feeding at the beginning and I am already neurotic about her feeds I am not sure how I will cope with the challenges of a veggie diet for her too. I have certain food intolerances too (onions) which makes veggie choices doubly difficult, dont know if it is likely to be hereditary and if so I guess she would be stuck eating the blander stuff like mummy.... ::)

Anyone else out their bringing up their children veggie?

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Hi

Imogen is a veggie.  She's just had her 2yr health check and there's no concerns over her diet/iron/energy levels so we're all happy to continue as we are.  We have consider giving her meat, but to be honest, when we've presented it to her she says she doesn't like it.

If you introduce iron rich foods when weaning then they'll get used to the taste and you'll always manage to get some dark chocolate and/or apricots in them if you're really worried.  ;D

Claire
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts