Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone please please help me  :(

I am at the end of my rope and don't know where to go for help and everything is spiralling out of control.

My little girl is now 8 wks. She wakes around 6-7 ish and is smiley and then wants a feed and goes back off to sleep. she will wake 30 mins later and I talk to her and smile and get her to respond then she goes for another feed and sleep at 9. adfter this she is a nightmare  :'( it so upsets me to say that.

from mid morning until 1.30 she only wants to eat,wind,cry sleep no matter what I do I take her out, pick her up do anything but she starts crying then screaming, from this point it lasts until 11 at night and this then starts again the next day.

I feel I am losing that magical time with her as I just want to distance myself. dh says he is not enjoying having her which makes me feel so guilty as I talked him into having her, so I am with her nearly all the time and as I am BF I am up in the night with her too.

I love her but find her so difficult. I noticed other things that would suggest she has silent reflux which could be why she cries and screams so much and it is more so after I feed her as it is a circle, feed,wind, cries,screams feed again.

she always has hiccups,is very windy,irritable,possetting and normally after burping the screams start around 5-10mins later. she stops crying when you put her on your shoulder. but any other position she starts again. I have to walk around all day like this. I have now got aches in my arms. I have a sling but she still cries in this.

I am exhausted, I am living abroad with no family at moment, no HV to get advise from either as she is not interested as I am going back to U.K. I have been to the dr who is reluctant to diagnose silent reflux because I said a few times when she is sick it is all her feed, although the majority of the time it is a trickling sick, she thinks it is her band around her intestines but as I am leaving again I have to see a dr in the U.K.

I am waiting for some infant gavascon to arrive from my MIL and think I will give her this to see if it helps. Do you think my little girl is screaming for attention or is really ill?

please someone give me some help hints or tips to make our time more enjoyable.

mitch
xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Oh hun - i didn't want to read and run.

It sounds a bit like M was when she was tiny - but mine was down to not producing enough milk.

I can't believe that you can't get anyone to take you seriously!  When do you return to the uk?  What country are you in?  Personally i would be on their doorstep until they take me seriously.

It doesn't sound like she is 'seriously ill' - but certainly has some things going on that could be improved immensely.  hopefully the gaviscon will arrive soon and that might help. A friend of mine used it with her little one who used to be sick a lot, and it really helped.  I used infacol with M when she had colic and that could help?

I'm not sure that the development and behaviour thread is the right place for this though - it's more 'general' - or you could try asking on the Ask a Health Visitor thread?  I'm sure that they will help.

big hugs to you - it does get easier though - honest!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Hi  ^hugme^

I don't have any advice apart from i've witnessed infant gaviscon working wonders in babies, its definitely worth a go.  Alex used to have crying time at around 4pm and most of the time I just used to walk and walk and walk with him in the buggy.

If you are not due to the return to the UK very soon I think you should take Sally's advice and stand on the doorstep until they take you seriously.

You and your husband need to be gentle on each other, its not either of your fault that she is going through this at the moment, you'll come out of the otherside and you'll both enjoy her no end.

Sally also makes a good point about quantity of milk, Alex only ever played up (aside from normal crying time at 4ish) when he was hungry - he needed far more milk than your average baby - perhaps a thought.

Sending your plentiful  ^hugme^

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Mitch are you still breast feeding and is her weight going up ok?

^hugme^

B xx :-*

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Mitch, DH & Fraja

Give yourselves all massive ^hugme^ you are doing so brilliantly

Sorry I cannot advise anything as I tried lots with Shasmeen, infacol, colief and even gripe water.

I was at my wits end with Shasmeen not drinking and sleeping well but she is now on a few bottles of either expressed breast milk or some aptamil and she hopefully has turned the corner and been an angel.

I had such massive support from this thread and the ladies really helped me cope on the winter thread.

BF is damn hard so give yourselve a bit pat on the back as you also have other kids to look after as well so you are doing a exceptional job. Well done

Glamis . . . ^rainbow^

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi and thank to all you wonderful ladies for giving me some help and a hug :)

well I think we have hopefully come out the other side (much needed). The gaviscon finallly arrived 2 days ago, so been using that and it has worked wonders so far, aslo, I made dh take fraja back to the dr here and straight away she gave us a name of a brand we could buy over the counter ^bigbad^ so this could have been sorted a good week ago :mad: dh took a diagnosis sheet I printed off from the internet which gives you a list of symptoms and out of 19 we had 15 definites and the others were we wouldnt know without a dr saying so. so there you go. I knew she had silent reflux.

but I even managed to go for a night out last night and leave her with dh and I put her down at 7.30 before I went out and she never woke up until 3am. she had a sleep feed at 10.30 so break through :)

B, Fraja has begun to lose weight although my dr keeps getting her age wrong as saying she is fine, she only put on 2 oz this week and 4 oz last wk, the dr thinks she is 2 wks younger and I keep telling her, thats why I asked dh to take her this time as he can be more forceful.

glamis hun, I wanted say you did a great job with shasmeen too and you have every right to be proud of yourself, I was ready to pack up bf but she doesn't take bottle well and is losing weight from all this carry on, I can only express a couple of ounces too, but since having this medicine her feeding is so much better and I can see a difference already,

Bev thank you for listening I took your advice and dh took fraja back to the dr, now we have some medicine, its amazing how something simple like magnesium can bring so much relief.

sally your right about the milk thing too as she was fretting so much she wasn't feeding good and I know my milk supply was going down, but I have been trying to express after each feed just a little bit and she has been feeding better.

so thank you soo much a lot happier mummy

mitch

xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Glad things are going better for you and Fraja now. When you get her weighed next time make sure they are measuring her on the new WHO breast fed babies growth charts and not the old formula fed charts. Breast fed babies gain weight more slowly. My first was wee and didn't climb up the centiles for ages and ages but the consultant said as long as she didn't drop massively down a couple of eweeks with no gain or a bit of a loss was fine.
Bettyx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts