Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am on day 22 of my cycle and just did a first response test (I know i'm supposed to wait till day 24) and got a VERY faint line, but it is definitely there.  Could this just be a watermark that shows up regardless of the result?

Grateful for your advice as I don't want to get too excited unnecessarily!!
J

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hello Jed

Well you have tested very early if you're only on day 22 of your cycle
however a line is a line however faint... i'd suggest you test again in a few days time and watch your line get darker as your HCG increases.

Wish you all the best

Kim x

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kim,
It's an agonising wait but I'll test again in a couple of days to see if the line is any darker.

Jx

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Hi jed

i have just had the same experience. I got a faint line with a boots own hpt then a negative with a predictor. But me being me couldnt leave it so I tested with a first response which had again a faint line. I managed to wait 3 days and tested again first thing and the line was there and definately darker. I am now 7 weeks and waiting to see my midwife. Try not to test again to soon ( i know how hard it is) I had to hide my debit card. But try again in a few days first thing. And apparently if you wee in the night or drink during the night it can also affect the result. But i must say it sounds promising
Good Luck
Love Sally

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sally, I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard!  It's great to hear that it worked out for you though, hopefully I'll be able to get a positive result in a couple of days.
Jx

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same experience as Sally--very faint line at first and then a dark line a couple of days later.  I'd wait a day or two and test again.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts