Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wish I hadn't done the home test now (official PT following FEt tomorrow). The not pregnant line is nice and thick but there is a very faint second line making the cross. has anyone else had this? Could it just be the drugs? (am on Gestone and Estradiol). Or maybe I was pregnant a few days ago but not anymore? Why didn't I just wait for the proper result tomorrow?! I was only doing the test to avoid getting upset at the BFN in the hospital!

Katexx 

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I would say a line is a line and congrats are in order hun :)

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I have to agree there is a line there so that is a good sign a line is a line, maybe it was a late implanter

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Hi Kate

I've had faint positives with both my pregnancies, my first pregnancy this was just down to late implantation and the one i'm carrying at the moment is unknown but several days later the test was a very strong positive... stay positive and calm hun - you are pregnant!!!  ;D  Congratulations

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Kate,

Did you see it well in the time limit ?? Is it the right colour & not a grey shadow line ??
  If so then its a BFP.. I dont mean to put a dampner on it but clear clue where it makes a cross
  does sometimes give a grey shadow line.. If you still have the wee.. I would try another one
  just to make sure. If you havent kept the wee then if you dont drink or wee for 4 hrs it should be
  strong enough to do another test then.

Hope you have your BFP  :) :) :)

Katy. xxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I agree with Madison.....did the line appear within the recommended time and correct colour and not a shadow line as these can be evaporations lines.

www.peeonastick.com

BUT saying that, if you've tested early then this could very well be the reason why the line is faint as has to be enough HCG hormone released for the hpt to pick up....so it does sound promising ^reiki^

The oestradiol & gestone wouldn't effect the hpt as hpts only detect the HCG hormone.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed that the line gets darker and darker ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Good luck
Natasha

/links

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your encouraging messages - got the official BFP today! I really shouldn't have done the home test as it just gave me 24 hours of mental torture! 3 weeks to wait for the first scan - fingers crossed there is a little bean in there!

Katexx

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
      Kate,

That is brilliant news  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Katy. xxxxxxxxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts