Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in pregnancy chit chat but thought I might get some more replies here  :-\

I am 40 weeks pg and my bump is extremely sore and itchy, the stretch marks have become very red and inflammed.  I have been waking up in the night scratching like mad which only makes it worse  :(

Has anyone got any tips on what I can use to help ease the soreness/itchiness?  I have tried cocoa butter, sudocream and E45 and none of it has worked so far  :( The only thing that offers some relief is a cold shower.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi there,

I'm sorry your bump is so sore and causing you pain  :(

I had really really sore itchy skin early on in my pregnany and was recommended organic sunflower oil (although I'm sure olive oil will do the same job), and it really helped.  I used to grease myself up then put some old joggers and t-shirt on until it and absorbed, then my skin was left lovely and smooth, and more importantly, not itchy!

The other thing that seemed to help was Palmers cocoa butter, but looks like you've tried that too. 

I hope you find something that works for you, although hopefully it wont be much longer until you have your lovely baby and your skin can recover and get back to normal.

Take care. xx

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
HI hunny....congratulations on gettting so far hunny...not long now, mine was the same and I tell you what really helped was calomine lotion....but please get it checked out as it could be a problem with your liver function....keep us posted on when ur little un comes along, we will come an visit you....
Elaine XX

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the gp and she prescribed me a very mild steroid cream as I am so far on in the pg she said it would be ok for a few days.  It has offered instant relief  :)  She also recommended having a tepid bath with some bicarbonate of soda, its meant to be very good for sore itchy skin.

I just hope little shows up over the next few days as it is really getting me down and I have spent most of this afternoon in tears  :( I know its all worth it Im just finding the last week tough going especially as I have reached my due date and I don't think she is in a hurry to come out!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi Snowdrop

I'm really pleased you have found some relief, I have had horrendously itchy legs for about 7 weeks (liver function fine) and no-one will give me anything :( It's been driving me crazy apparently it is just 'hormonal'.

I am going to give your bicarb of soda tip a go as well to see if that helps.

I hope your little bundle arrives soon (and mine) these last weeks really drag don't they  :)

Sam

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I had the same and I got a natural cream from the pharmacy at Weleda.  I would be hesitant to use steriod at any time have a look on the Weleda webisite and I am sure that there is a phone number that you can ring and explain the symtoms and they will make you a remedy.  They sent me a cream and it did the job and it was natural

Hope this helps

Rachel

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fabizzy - I didn't want to use the steroid cream but in desperation I was willing to try anything  :-\.  Unfortunately its not offering much relief now it only worked for a couple of hours so I have plastered my bump in calomine lotion now but with all of these lotions they only offer very short term relief  :(

Sam - Yes the last few weeks do drag, I do feel quite depressed that I am in quite a bit of pain and now overdue! I keep telling myself now that no matter what happens by next week she will be in my arms  :) Hope your little one doesn't keep you waiting too long!

xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts