·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oh ok we have been moved.  hehe. xx

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok, I moved  :)
Im doing a lot of search on apartments in Alicante to rent, so if any one of you are interested in renting a place, where you can make your own food, and have your privacy, I have found a few for a very reasonable price, 250-300 euros for a week, which is like half the price of Melia.
Some even have a swimming pool  ::)

Let me know and Ill send you the links.
Ashavaki

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello,
ashavaki - I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. I can imagine the winter in Norway is quite hard. Also, this treatment can take it's toll perhaps more than you realise. Missy is right you should take time out to relax and treat yourself and give yourself some credit for all that you're going through and what you've achieved.
And yes, I'd like to see those links. Though I may stay at the Melia as it's familiar and that might make it seem more comfortable for me.
Does anyone know what the internet access is like there?
efellows - that's really interesting what you said about your last clinic. My last cycle in Greece was like that, I had a scan on Monday and the transfer on Friday and it was planned well in advance. In fact they offered me dates 2 months in advance. And that seems to be the main difference with VH for us is that it seems to be entirely down to what is happening with the donor. Which of course is hard in one way as we are hanging in limbo for so long but ultimately it's got to be a better way to operate.

I'm hoping we hear this week if the collection has taken place. I'm looking forward to a couple of days of sun.

xx

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey Zetter - In-room wireless internet at the Melia is free.

Emmaboo - What's the latest?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Bookmarking.... have been away... will catch up with the posts tomorrow x
Hope all well x

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am taking my Notepad with me to the Melia so I can post to you all.  Please keep me company.  It will really help me to take this and keep familiar things.  Helps me a LOT! I need you all!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
hi efellows - no news from me - in limbo-land - saving up cash and saving up energies (not been well so i want to make sure i feel ready for next cycle)

xx

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello Ladies, Your advice please.  I just started bleeding today even though I've got one more pill to take tomorrow.  Is this normal?????? Can't get hold of Salome at the moment but have emailed her and am awaiting her reply.  It defo feels like a proper period as have been getting stomach aches and breast pain which is normal for me even though it very light at the moment.  Will still take pill tomorrow and won't start Progynova till I hear from Salome, but I just wondered if any of you have any experience of this.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Pixie -
I didn't have that experience exactly, but the whole week before my period (while I was on the pill) I got a transparent brown discharge. Salome said it was normal. Then my period started 2 days after I stopped the pill. It was normal, but short.

So, you're probably OK. Every woman is different, as is every pill composition. It could be that this one isn't strong enough for you, but I doubt it's anything serious - certainly not enough to throw you off schedule.

xo
L

·
Registered
133 Posts
Book marking :) ashavaki could you send me those links that would be great.

Well I'm uncertain when to start taking pill this cycle or next as want my transfer to  be in May, as going away in April, any ideas ladies? I emailed Salome today to ask and no reply as yet? My period is due around the 14th March....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hi ladies.  I started my period today so started the pill now  :p

·
Registered
479 Posts
RedRoses - I started the pill Sept 26 and had transfer Nov 17, so about 60 days after the pill. This time is looking like it will be about the same. So I think if you start mid-March, you're still looking at a May transfer. Did you hear from Salome?

MIssy ....you are on your way - whoo-hoo!!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello my buddys :)
I finally got them to tell me roughly dates yesterday, they say they will perform egg collection between 7-12 march ^daisy^ ^sunny^
So I guess between 10 - 15 march we need to be there ^sunny^ ^storkboy^
WOW...thats soon :eek:
I went to see my acupuncturist yesterday, and I want to share with you what she said.
She told me that Freud once said that if you surpress your bad feelings, your negative thoughts, your irritations and sadness because you think you need to be positive and happy all the time. These " bad " wont go away, they will pile up somewhere inside you and later emerge physically or phycologically ( hope Im spelling this right ). That it´s perfectly normal to both feel sad and happy, stressed and relaxed, negative and positive. It should be like that !
It is not normal to be sad, irritated or negative all the time, but neither is feeling happy, positive and happy all the time.
So basically she told me to embrace all these feelings, and allow myself to stay in bed in a bad mood one day, but hopefully be happier the next day and do something fun.
And very important, to let the sun shine in my face in Spain after transfer...and enjoy !

I think this is a good message, ofcourse we are at the same time stricken with fear and exited, and that´s how it should be !

Here are some links:
These are in or just outside Alicante:
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/alicante/124465
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/alicante/153349
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/alicante/124465
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/photodisplay.aspx?home_id=37064
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/alicante/133154
This one I like:
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/alicante/142017
This one is in a small village about 20 min drive from Alicante, I think I might stay there, cause it is basically on the beach.
http://oldfishermanshouse.blogspot.com/

This one is in Alicante, and they say they have new matresses and private bathroom in the superior rooms, and is about 50 euros pr. night.
http://www.boutiquehoteldesal.com/EN_Our_place.html

This one is more like Melia, but less than half the prize, or about 45 euros pr. night
http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hesperia-lucentum.no.html?aid=307502;label=32225998;sid=641feb94454b8be27790c6d4e103d0ab

lots of love
Ashavaki

/links

·
Registered
286 Posts
Efellows - Thanks for your reply. You're right it must be that it's not strong enough for me.  Anyway, heard back from Salome and she said if I get a proper bleed today to start the Progynova and not to bother with the last pill, which I have.

Ashavaki - Think your acupuncturist is so right as so many times during this process I have feared being negative as though it might prevent it from working some how.  But it's true some times your up and sometimes your down and that's just the way it is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Efellows - Salome's reply was "the transfer takes place between day 13th and 45th of the Progynova", so have worked it out if I start the pill in March transfer could be between 20th April-22nd May and we don't get back from holiday until 1st May, so looks like I will have to start pill in April.....?

Missy you must be getting excited :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Ladies

I am having a round of DE IVF at Vistahermosa at the moment.  On the pill and had my Decapeptyle Injection yesterday.  I have been keeping up with you all and have already asked you a few questions which you ladies have kindly answered for me.  I don’t write on here much as my laptop is  ^swear^ with actually a couple of keys not working ( must get it sorted) so I am writing this from work, sending it my home address and will forward to you guys this evening.

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what all the drugs are actually for?
Prognova ( I think for lining the womb)
Utrogestan……. ( no idea but everyone keeps saying 'Ugh!")
Clexane ( no idea)

If you wouldn’t mind letting me know what exactly they are for and what side effects I can expect?  My skin has so erupted with the pill that they gave me but I have to try and stay positive and remember why I am doing this.

Also day 21 of my pill is Saturday, do you have any idea when we will be called out to Spain?

We had our first appointment in November but I am only starting on the treatment now, took them a while to find our 21year old, blue eyed donor I guess!

·
Registered
479 Posts
RedRoses: I dunno...you might want to ask around and see how long others have had to wait from when they first started the pill. I know Salome says that transfer can take place anytime after Day 13, but it seems like the donors are always two weeks or so behind. I suppose to be on the safe side, you could wait a month, or could you come back early from holiday if you got The Call??

Sandyboy - Welcome! My understanding of the drugs is that Progynova suppresses menstruation, Utrogestan thickens the uterine lining, and Clexane is a blood thinner that counters miscarriage. The Utrogestan is an "ugh" because it's a vaginal suppository that quickly softens to become greasy, pasty white; it smells like old fish and it gives you horrible gas. But other than that, no major side effects! ;D. As I mentioned to RedRoses my first transfer was about 60 days after I started the pill. But you should ask Salome where your donor is in her cycle; that will give you a better idea.

Best to all -
L

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Redroses - Yes I am more excited now than ever!  ;D ;D

Efellows - The contraceptive makes me feel lovely.  I feel so sleepy all the time since I started it.  I emailed salome and she said it is normal as it is high in estrogen and can have this effect because my body is not used to so much of it. lol.

Can you tell me about this fish horrible supository thing then?  I mean do we just stick it up there into our lady gardens?  They didn't explain this to me and does it have Spanish only or is there any english on how to do it.  I am worried I might not do it properly.  I am also worried about the clexane injections.  How and where do I do them?  What if I do them wrong?  What time of day do I do them?  Also another thing I am worried about is this.  If it can take more than 13 days after the progynova to do transfer and say we run out of the clexane???  Will we run out of Progynova too?  What if we run out of all our meds because we are all waiting so long.  Sorry I am getting worried now damn! ^bigbad^

1 - 20 of 606 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.